Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Candidates Comparisons

WOW. I know just about everyone's mind is made up here with regard to who they are supporting in the Presidential election, but the comparisons with regard to both candidates' experience/qualifications and community involvement is astounding!!

I still cannot believe any rational person who wants to see this country prosper and grow would entrust it into the hands of someone who has so little governmental experience, basically no qualifications and obviously doesn't appear to want to be bothered with interacting with community and philanthropic organizations, not only in his own state, but throughout the country he is campaigning to preside over.

This comparison was taken from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, who has always leaned to the left and in this election, has endorsed Obama.

http://z4.thevoterguide.org/a-post-gazette/index.do

Comparison

John McCain
Home Municipality: Phoenix, AZ
Current occupation: U.S. Senator

Education/Degrees: • National War College, 1973 • United States Naval Academy, 1959

Experience/qualifications: • Senator, United States Senate, 1987-present • Representative, United States House of Representatives, 1983-1987 • Pilot, United States Navy, 1958-1981

Community Involvement: • Member, American Dream Political Action Committee, 1997-present • Member, Council on Foreign Relations, 1997-present • Honorary Board Member, Hispanic Youth Foundation, 1997-present • Honorary Board Member, The Leonard Cheshire Foundation, 1997-present • Honorary Member, National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts Advisory Council, 1997-present • Honorary Vice Chairman, New Majority Council, 1997-present • Board of Trustees, Gallaudet University, 1995-present • Founding Member, Pacific Council on International Policy, University of Southern California, 1995-present • Board of Directors, Board of Directors Chair, International Republican Institute, 1992-present • Life Member, Navy League, 1987-present • Member, The Alfalfa Club • Member, Air Force Sergeants Association • Honorary Advisor Board, Arizona Black Chamber of Commerce • Honorary Co-chairman, Advisory Board of Directors, Arizona Cancer Research Foundation • Honorary Member, Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce • Complimentary Member, Association of the United States Army • Honorary Member, Barry Goldwater Foundation • Honorary Member, Fifty-Five Years and Up Incorporated • Honorary Member, Board of Regents, Francis Scott Key Foundation • Honorary Member, The John Goodwin Tower Center • Honorary Board Member, Kids Voting Arizona • Member, The Military Order of World Wars • Honorary Member, Mo Udall Foundation • Board of Directors, Nixon Center for Peace and Freedom • Member, Purple Heart Association • Member, The Retired Officers Association • Member, Sons of the Revolution in the State of Virginia • Member, U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association • Member of Board of Visitors, US Naval Academy • Honorary Member, Board of Directors, Council of Notables, U.S.-Spain Council • Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars • Member, Vietnam Veterans Association
Campaign Phone: 703-418-2008

Web Site: www.johnmccain.com

Barack Obama
Home Municipality: Chicago, Illinois
Current occupation: U.S. Senator

Education/Degrees: Columbia University, BA; Harvard University, JD
Experience/qualifications: Developing Communities Project; Illinois State Senate; U.S. Senate

Community Involvement: Community organizer for Project Vote

Campaign Phone: 412-867-6773 Pittsburgh office
Web Site: www.pabarackobama.com
Email: info@paforchange.com

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,468 Times in 2,383 Posts
Default Re: Candidates Comparisons

Obama's pretty good at dancing around the issues.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
Steel Duck
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 8123

LOL that is such a bad photoshop
Old 11-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,081 Times in 4,583 Posts

so now were just irrational huh? lol. its getting deep here in "the bunker".

*puts on waders*

sorry but being a member of the "alfalfa club" just isnt gonna win mccain my vote.

looks like being a POW has "earned" mccain alot of token achievements and honorary memberships.

i cant believe more rational people dont place such emphasis on family values. after all, isnt obama an honorary member of the "dad of the year club" and permanent fixture of the "great husband's society"?
Old 11-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
steelerstrade
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10365

Hate me all u want for this comment...

Is it Wednesday yet?
I started out with my Terrible Towel but want to trade for Steelers items you have! The goal is to complete "up-trades" in the hope of achieving Pittsburgh Steelers Tickets! Check the site out and make an offer using whatever you have laying around!!
steelerstrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
so now were just irrational huh? lol. its getting deep here in "the bunker".

*puts on waders*

sorry but being a member of the "alfalfa club" just isnt gonna win mccain my vote.

looks like being a POW has "earned" mccain alot of token achievements and honorary memberships.

i cant believe more rational people dont place such emphasis on family values. after all, isnt obama an honorary member of the "dad of the year club" and permanent fixture of the "great husband's society"?
The description "irrational" is really giving you Libs too much credit. I'd have to say blindly following and voting straight party lines is more appropo, my dear hipcheese.

Y'know, not a one of you Libs has ever posted a rational (there's that word again! ) reason why you are choosing/chose to vote for Obama. Funny - another member made a big tadoo over his mistaken assumption that I voted straight GOP which I corrected him on. I've only been a member (proudly, I might add) of the GOP for a little over 4 years, but have voted for members of the Democratic party in state and local races since then. There are several Demos I will vote for in local and state races on election day. I just won't vote for Do Nuttin' and Juice.

I believe J-Mac being a POW, being willing to die for the country he loves, and staying actively involved in military and Veterans associations is quite honorable, Tony. If you want to believe that his "achievements" are "token", sad as it is, so be it.

In addition to McCain's "token military achievements", I found these also quite honorable:

Member, Council on Foreign Relations, 1997-present
Honorary Board Member, Hispanic Youth Foundation, 1997-present
Honorary Board Member, The Leonard Cheshire Foundation, 1997-present
Honorary Member, National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts Advisory Council, 1997-present
Honorary Vice Chairman, New Majority Council, 1997-present
Board of Trustees, Gallaudet University, 1995-present
Founding Member, Pacific Council on International Policy, University of Southern California, 1995-present
Honorary Advisor Board, Arizona Black Chamber of Commerce
Honorary Co-chairman, Advisory Board of Directors, Arizona Cancer Research Foundation
Honorary Member, Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Honorary Member, Barry Goldwater Foundation
Honorary Member, Fifty-Five Years and Up Incorporated
Honorary Member, Board of Regents, Francis Scott Key Foundation
Honorary Member, The John Goodwin Tower Center
Honorary Board Member, Kids Voting Arizona
Board of Directors, Nixon Center for Peace and Freedom
Honorary Member, Board of Directors, Council of Notables, U.S.-Spain Council

So - what's on Obama's resume other than past and present associations with embezzlers, thieves, racists and bomb making hoodlums, smooth talk and ?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #7
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
The description "irrational" is really giving you Libs too much credit. I'd have to say blindly following and voting straight party lines is more appropo, my dear hipcheese.

Y'know, not a one of you Libs has ever posted a rational (there's that word again! ) reason why you are choosing/chose to vote for Obama. Funny - another member made a big tadoo over his mistaken assumption that I voted straight GOP which I corrected him on. I've only been a member (proudly, I might add) of the GOP for a little over 4 years, but have voted for members of the Democratic party in state and local races since then. There are several Demos I will vote for in local and state races on election day. I just won't vote for Do Nuttin' and Juice.

I believe J-Mac being a POW, being willing to die for the country he loves, and staying actively involved in military and Veterans associations is quite honorable, Tony. If you want to believe that his "achievements" are "token", sad as it is, so be it.

In addition to McCain's "token military achievements", I found these also quite honorable:

Member, Council on Foreign Relations, 1997-present
Honorary Board Member, Hispanic Youth Foundation, 1997-present
Honorary Board Member, The Leonard Cheshire Foundation, 1997-present
Honorary Member, National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts Advisory Council, 1997-present
Honorary Vice Chairman, New Majority Council, 1997-present
Board of Trustees, Gallaudet University, 1995-present
Founding Member, Pacific Council on International Policy, University of Southern California, 1995-present
Honorary Advisor Board, Arizona Black Chamber of Commerce
Honorary Co-chairman, Advisory Board of Directors, Arizona Cancer Research Foundation
Honorary Member, Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Honorary Member, Barry Goldwater Foundation
Honorary Member, Fifty-Five Years and Up Incorporated
Honorary Member, Board of Regents, Francis Scott Key Foundation
Honorary Member, The John Goodwin Tower Center
Honorary Board Member, Kids Voting Arizona
Board of Directors, Nixon Center for Peace and Freedom
Honorary Member, Board of Directors, Council of Notables, U.S.-Spain Council

So - what's on Obama's resume other than past and present associations with embezzlers, thieves, racists and bomb making hoodlums, smooth talk and ?
my little girl just won the citezen of the month award for kindergarteners and the perfect attendance certificate. 15 more and she's tied with mccain!

Quote:

Y'know, not a one of you Libs has ever posted a rational (there's that word again! ) reason why you are choosing/chose to vote for Obama.
if you wanna make it personal just dont do it in the way that jeremy did. my voting recors stands for itself. mccain had every opportunity to win my vote. selecting caribou barbie as his running mate screwed that up (as it was his 1st MAJOR executive decision).

i bet his experience in the "alfalfa club" influenced that decision...
Old 11-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
tony hipchest
Supporter

wow. desperation is getting thick as that collar getts tighter and tighter....

"Vote for me. I have 2 dozen of these hanging in my office-"

word is palin has 17 stuffed and mounted dead animal parts hanging in her office, and therefore is more american and qualified than obama/biden combined.

lol (YAY!) ...........
Old 11-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #9
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148

Quote:
In all the your posts that I have read I have honored your right to your opinion. But the above statement crossed the line. For you to marginalize his p.o.w. experience speaks to your real ignorance and no matter what comes out of your mouth from here on out I will consider your opinion in line with things like pickled egg farts!

It really shows how desperate you are to defend your position without a shred of intelligence!

Fire away at me if you wish but like I said when you speak I smell fart!
Old 11-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #10
Steel Duck
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 8123

Quote:
my little girl just won the citezen of the month award for kindergarteners and the perfect attendance certificate. 15 more and she's tied with mccain!

if you wanna make it personal just dont do it in the way that jeremy did. my voting recors stands for itself. mccain had every opportunity to win my vote. selecting caribou barbie as his running mate screwed that up (as it was his 1st MAJOR executive decision).

i bet his experience in the "alfalfa club" influenced that decision...