Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Packers release Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

http://packers.com/news/releases/2008/11/01/1/
Quote:
The Green Bay Packers have activated DT Justin Harrell from the physically unable to perform list and released DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the transactions Saturday.

Harrell appeared in seven games, including two starts, as a rookie in 2007.

In nine seasons with the Packers, Gbaja-Biamila appeared in 124 career games, including 74 starts. He is the franchise's all-time sacks leader with 741/2, having passed Reggie White (681/2) in 2007.

"We want to thank Kabeer for his contributions to the Green Bay Packers," Thompson said. "During his time here, he has been a big part of our organization and our community. We wish Kabeer and his family well."

In leaving the organization, Gbaja-Biamila issued the following statement: "My nine years as a Green Bay Packer have been a blessing that is beyond words. I thank God for bringing me to this first-class organization and first-class community. During my time here, I've built relationships with a number of people in the Packer family. The front office executives, G.M.s, coaches, past and present players, the enormous support and administrative staff plus the greatest fans in football, all have helped make my time here truly special and I am thankful for that. It has been a very positive experience. I was able to build a family here and grow with a community that I call home. Again, I've been truly blessed. I don't know what my football future holds, but one thing I've realized is that football is more than a game - it's about building relationships and changing lives. One of the commitments I've had throughout my career has been to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and that is something that I intend on doing whether on the field or not. God bless the Green Bay Packers!"
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,181 Posts
Default Re: Packers release Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

we should bring him in for vet minimum !!!

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
we should bring him in for vet minimum !!!
You forgot "He'd look great in the B&G."
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
steelerstrade
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10365

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
At this stage it may be more like: The B&G will make KGB look good!
I started out with my Terrible Towel but want to trade for Steelers items you have! The goal is to complete "up-trades" in the hope of achieving Pittsburgh Steelers Tickets! Check the site out and make an offer using whatever you have laying around!!
steelerstrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
my bad .....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #6
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

For the later part of his career he's been more of a 3rd down pass rusher with poor run stopping skills, and GB certainly needs run stopping help

Why do I see the broncos getting him and giving him a starting job?
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
steelerstrade
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10365

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
For the later part of his career he's been more of a 3rd down pass rusher with poor run stopping skills, and GB certainly needs run stopping help

Why do I see the broncos getting him and giving him a starting job?
Am I the only one who saw this coming to the Broncos? I mean when they started signing every single cast-off from the Browns a couple years back...doesn't that spell disaster???
I started out with my Terrible Towel but want to trade for Steelers items you have! The goal is to complete "up-trades" in the hope of achieving Pittsburgh Steelers Tickets! Check the site out and make an offer using whatever you have laying around!!
steelerstrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #8
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerstrade View Post
Am I the only one who saw this coming to the Broncos? I mean when they started signing every single cast-off from the Browns a couple years back...doesn't that spell disaster???
hmm...maybe. I knew there was a huge problem once they had a 5'11 DE as a starter
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #9
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

The thing that surprised me is, I had no idea he had that many sacks. I guess the Packers had had such a stretch of mediocrity and/or early playoff exits that I was just unaware that he was quietly piling up those numbers.
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:47 AM   #10
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
The thing that surprised me is, I had no idea he had that many sacks. I guess the Packers had had such a stretch of mediocrity and/or early playoff exits that I was just unaware that he was quietly piling up those numbers.
amen. and to think he actually passed reggie white...