Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-03-2008, 06:40 AM   #1
Steel Duck
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 8123
Talking Palin got pranked!!! HAHA

I kept waiting for someone else to post this...but they didn't.....so I will

Sarah Palin caught out with call from spoof French president
Sarah Palin has been hoodwinked by a French Canadian radio host posing as French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

By Alex Spillius
Last Updated: 12:21AM GMT 03 Nov 2008

In a six-minute call with Marc-Antoine Audette, part of a comedy duo notorious for prank calls to celebrities and heads of state, Mrs Palin said that "maybe in eight years" she will be president.

Campaign aides offered no explanation of how the hoax call was accepted with a spokesman simply said: "C'est la vie.
"

Though Mrs Palin did not drop a real clanger, there were several clues that her caller might be bogus.

At one point the caller asked if Palin would take him on a hunting trip by helicopter, and then - in French - said they could also kill baby seals.

An apparently oblivious Mrs Palin said she thought that would be fun. “We could have a lot of fun together as we’re getting work done. We could kill two birds with one stone that way.

Playing off Mrs Palin's much-mocked comment in an early television interview that she had insights into foreign policy because "you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska," the caller tells her: "You know we have a lot in common also, because except from my house I can see Belgium.
"

She replies: "Well, see, we're right next door to different countries that we all need to be working with, yes.
"

The governor said she looked forward to going hunting with Mr Sarkozy, and to meeting "his beautiful wife".

When the Sarkozy impersonator, speaking with an over-the-top French accent, said his wife was "hot in bed", Mrs Palin still continued on with the call, if tentatively at times.

The Republican vice-presidential nominee was also subjected to another devastating portrayal by Tina Fey on America's favourite satirical show, this time alongside Senator John McCain, who poked fun at his choice of the Alaska governor as his running mate.

On Saturday Night Live, Mr McCain played an elaborate cameo, making fun of his campaign's comparative financial limitations and his reputation as a maverick, as well as his uneasy bond with Mrs Palin.

Proving that his sense of humour is still intact at the end of a long and arduous campaign, he acknowledged that he couldn't match Senator Barack Obama's purchasing power of advertising air time.

Mr McCain and Fey said instead they would "sell you stuff" on the QVC shopping channel to raise funds.

Mr McCain offered his "John McCain pork knives" – for cutting pork-barrel spending, a favourite theme of the Arizona senator.

Fey, as Palin, advertised a set of "Joe" action figures commemorating Joe the Plumber, Joe Six Pack and her Democratic rival, Joe Biden. The latter had a cord that when pulled made the doll talk for 45 minutes.

She also offered Palin's Ayers Freshener, which "you plug into the wall when something doesn't quite smell quite right", a play on the campaign's attempt to tarnish Mr Obama with his association to 60s radical Bill Ayers.

The pretend Palin then turned to her own camera and pulled out T-shirts saying "Palin 2012". In a whisper and with a trademark wink, she said: "I'm not going anywhere. And I'm certainly not going back to Alaska. I'm either running in four years or I'm going to be a white Oprah.
"

Later in the show Mr McCain participated in the SNL Update and read out five ways he could come from behind in the polls.

They included "The Reverse Maverick," where he does whatever anyone tells him, "The Double Maverick," where he goes "totally berserk and freaks everyone out, even the regular mavericks", and "The Sad Grandpa," where he says on TV, "C'mon, Obama's gonna have plenty of chances to be president. It's my turn.
"
Old 11-03-2008, 07:22 AM   #2
Vis
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,969 Times in 2,868 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Palin got pranked!!! HAHA

More evidence that her campaign bus is short.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #3
Steel Duck
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 8123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Old 11-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Those same deejays have pranked Tiger Woods, Bill Gates, and Nicholas Sarkozy. I doubt any of them are dumb.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
steelcity_88
Water Boy

Member Number: 10424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Those same deejays have pranked Tiger Woods, Bill Gates, and Nicholas Sarkozy. I doubt any of them are dumb.
Did you listen to the call? She giggled like a middle school girl the entire time. She was CLUELESS, the guy even went as far as to say how hot his wife is in bed. I don't think anybody is implying she's dumb for simply being pranked, but more so for the content of it. My favorite is at the end when they tell her she's been pranked, then Palin and staff hang up on 'em.
steelcity_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #6
Vis
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
I said campaign. How do they get through her staff?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:14 AM   #7
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
AHHHH Godfather....you took the joy right out of their day. Next time let them pat each other on the back for...say...12 hours...then pull the loosely woven "fact" carpet out from under their poor feet.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
I said campaign. How do they get through her staff?
..actually you said campaign bus.....but I quess if someone gives you smilies.....then its all good.

lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #9
Vis
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity_88 View Post
Did you listen to the call? She giggled like a middle school girl the entire time. She was CLUELESS, the guy even went as far as to say how hot his wife is in bed. I don't think anybody is implying she's dumb for simply being pranked, but more so for the content of it. My favorite is at the end when they tell her she's been pranked, then Palin and staff hang up on 'em.
This is true. It's pathetic that the call got through but once it did, she was sad. Imagine if she really was talking to a leader of another country. Even France would think they could invade and win if she was in charge.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #10
Vis
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
..actually you said campaign bus.....but I quess if someone gives you smilies.....then its all good.

Be honest. The campaign is stupid. Now tell me you think she sounded smart in the conversation.