Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: What is Cris Carter Smoking

are you sure he wasnt being sarcastic? he actually picked the steelers to win and ive heard him say good things about them before.. that would be a really "out there" thing to say.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:24 AM   #12
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

They were talking about the longevity of Ben's career. Carter brought up when Jeff George came to his team he could throw the ball, but all the hits he had taken had taken their toll on him and he became fragile and a bit gun shy.

That's at least how I took it, not saying JG is was better than Ben, but that if Ben keeps taking beatings like this his career will go the way of Jeff George.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:10 AM   #13
SteelMusic
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 9792

Before he gave his explanation he said..."I played with a qb that had a lot more talent than Ben, in Jeff George"
Old 11-04-2008, 01:52 AM   #14
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

if you listen to the announcers all game they were all over the redskins ballsacks. No matter what happen on the field they were for the redskins.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:17 AM   #15
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,103 Posts

Espn and Chris Carter who cares what they say we know who the better quarterback is Jeff George never showed me anything I guess the media has to come up with somthing to say to get noticed.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:32 AM   #16
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Ben may take a beating, but I would never call him gunshy.

He probably should have been resting that shoulder for a few games, but instead he goes out there a takes the hits and throws the bombs. He 's been off last week and last night and that shoulder is explains why.

But gunshy......never.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:50 AM   #17
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

This is the same Cris Carter that called out former Lions CEO Matt Millen for not calling Carter to ask his opinion of receiver Charles Rogers or receiver Mike Williams.....

Carter said....“Matt Millen – do a little undercover work... Williams and Charlie Rogers both worked out with me before the draft. I could have told him, don’t draft neither one of them....but Matt never asked me.”

HOWEVER..............

Carter told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel ... “Roger is very similar – and I don’t like to make a lot of comparisons – to Randy Moss in a sense, a big basketball player playing wide receiver. He’s the only receiver that’s come out since Randy that you can make an honest comparison to. He has a yearning to learn.”

And Carter told the St. Paul Pioneer Press: "Williams is going to be a great player. I think people will be surprised at the kind of person he is. He’s really a hard worker. He takes his training very seriously and wants to be very good.”

Another talking head that is more worried about the public perception of "now"...and puts personal integrity on the back burner.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #18
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
are you sure he wasnt being sarcastic? he actually picked the steelers to win and ive heard him say good things about them before.. that would be a really "out there" thing to say.
He was serious, I couldn't believe it and let a bunch F bombs out. He was ribbed pretty good by the rest of his crew though. Keyshawn was laughing and TJ was shaking his head as he said "Jeff George". George threw a nice tight spiral with a cannon arm kind of like Carson Palmer. He had no other qualities, I think Carter started drinking again, he might need to go back to rehab. A guy should be fired for saying shittt like that. No accountability just like weathermen. I hate to admit it because I never like Keyshawn but IMO he is the best on that team. He is the most insightful as opposed to the kool aid drinking TJ, and Ditka who is stuck in the 70's. I won't even comment on Carter after last night's comment. I have become intolerant, it's hard to watch these commentators.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #19
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
if you listen to the announcers all game they were all over the redskins ballsacks. No matter what happen on the field they were for the redskins.
With Kornholeheiser in the booth what did you expect to hear? It's officially official, I truly can not stand that man in the booth and he and madden need to get on the madden bus, drive to some remote location in Wyoming or Montana or wherever, build a one room shack, and never, ever, EVER, come out again!!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #20
PolamaluPower
Water Boy

Member Number: 8011

Jeff George?
PolamaluPower is offline   Reply With Quote