Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-06-2005, 04:11 PM   #11
sweetness34
Water Boy

Member Number: 897
Default Re: Bears Offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
why do you keep comparing us to the packers?????? there is a HUGE! difference between the two............and y'all play in the nfc someone needs to give y'all a cookie for being 8-3, in that division if you ain't 8-3 you should be banned from the league. it's gonna be a good game but please stop comparing us to the teams in the nfc espically the teams that are in your division

NFC is 24-24 against the AFC.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:13 PM   #12
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Are you saying 118-122 yards rushing a game is bad? Well then the steelers have a bad run game averaging only 123.
But the Steelers also aren't dead last passing...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:22 PM   #13
sweetness34
Water Boy

Member Number: 897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
But the Steelers also aren't dead last passing...

You got me there. Luckily our defense is so good we haven't had to pass.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:14 PM   #14
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

We're the biggest challenge the Bears have faced? Sweet. Their Dead meat Sunday.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:28 AM   #15
Dennis
Water Boy

Member Number: 898

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
We're the biggest challenge the Bears have faced? Sweet. Their Dead meat Sunday.
Well, maybe not the "biggest challenge," but certainly a challenge that's on the list:
  • Can't win with a rookie QB - So we beat the Lions in Chicago
  • Can't beat a team outside of the weak NFC North - So we beat the Ravens in Chicago
  • Can't win on the road - So we beat the Lions in Detroit
  • Can't win on the road outside of the weak NFC North - So we beat the Saints in Baton Rouge
  • Can't beat a team with a winning record/playoff contender - So we beat the Panthers in Chicago
  • Can't beat a team with a winning record/playoff contender on the road - So we beat the Buccaneers in Tampa Bay
  • Can't beat a Brett Farve-led GB Packers @ Soldier Field - So we beat the Packers in Chicago

Da Bears have successfully taken more and more challenging steps thru the season. Now it's either "Can't beat a winning AFC team," and/or "Can't beat a winning team with a strong showing by the Offense."

So Chicago's coming to Pittburgh ready to play and still feeling the need to prove themselves. Also remember that we're still fighting for the NFC North title, Minnesota's on their own winning streak and can still catch us if we stumble. Above that, we're currently the #2 seed in the NFC Playoffs - so we get a "bye" in the Wild Card round, but that's not a lock either. Not to mention Home Field advantage thru the playoffs is still ours to lose. Chicago's got a lot riding on every game now and we're going to fight every step of the way...
Old 12-07-2005, 01:02 PM   #16
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i don't know dude i wouldn't brag about beating the lions twice, the ravens.....yes yes we lost to them but maddox is worthless and he make orton look like an all pro, panters ok, but bucs with simms ain't a challenge, and farve is done so there is no reason to brag about beating the packers
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:39 PM   #17
Dennis
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
i don't know dude i wouldn't brag about beating the lions twice, the ravens.....yes yes we lost to them but maddox is worthless and he make orton look like an all pro, panters ok, but bucs with simms ain't a challenge, and farve is done so there is no reason to brag about beating the packers
I wasn't bragging exactly, about beating anyone. Rather, da Bears were picked to go 3-13 at best this season, and that was before Rex Grossman was injured and we had to go with a raw rookie (Kyle Orton).

So we weren't supposed to be able to beat anyone, including the Lions. Yet we did beat the Lions. First challenge met. The rest of that post was just to show how da Bears have been climbing the ladder of increasingly difficult challenges thru the season.

BTW, there's plenty of reason to be proud of beating the Packers, even if they are 2-10. First of all, Brett Farve may be past his prime but he's still one of the best QBs the NFL has ever seen. The Packers are still playing tough. They lost to Tampa Bay by a single point and Carolina only beat them by a FG. Secondly, the Bears-Packers rivalry is one of the oldest and greatest in profesional sports, and beating Brett Farve in Soldier Field is something that no Bears team has done in a dozen years. Mentally for da Bears, beating Green Bay was huge, I don't care what their record was...
Old 12-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #18
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

I love Lovie Smith as a coach this should be a great game.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:51 PM   #19
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

this would be a better game for me if i got to see cedric benson play but i guess seeing vasher and a steelers W will be good enough
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:02 PM   #20
Dennis
Water Boy

I just heard a rumor that Benson's recovering more quickly than anyone knew and should be suiting up Sunday! Just a rumor right now, can't confirm it...