Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #21
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Whats Up With Ben?

I think it's a combination of Ben's injuries and I think he had lost faith in the current offensive line.

I say we should make Ben the #2 QB for the Colts game and start Lefty. if Lefty does well then Ben gets some much needed rest and healing. If Lefty plays like crap, he's quickly pulled and Ben is inserted.

I also think the play calling changed a lil bit when Lefty came in. We ran the ball more so we could use the Play-Action and we threw more quick outs and slants.

I don't understand why we cannot do that with Ben in, why everything has to be 15 yards downfield.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:10 AM   #22
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

Ben is injured to the bones.Come on how many deep pass did he underthrow this year compare to past years ?

He is a warrior.He's not playing his best football right now but he will bounce back.

There's a lot of teams that would still take him at his 50% instead of their starting QB so let's be proud of the depth we have at the most important position in football.

Man,our 4th QB is even better than the Lions Starter(Kitna)

Go Steelers
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:54 AM   #23
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

why not first look at the WRs and ask hey why can you not catch the balls that were dropped that ben threw to them..
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:55 AM   #24
Steel Duck
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 8123

Poor Ben is beat up...Kinda scary since the season is only half over!
That being said, I thought Lefty was great tonight!!!!! It ended up being a kick ass win!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:11 AM   #25
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Shoulder injury, but minor. On ESPN this morning Tomlin quoted that Ben could have come back in, but with how well Lefty was playing they just kept him out.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #26
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

All that is happening to Ben was enevitable . All the post here to fore have said it all. Careers can be ruined as it was previouslly pointed out.

I just have to believe the Steeler coaches see the underlying problem > I never thought I would be quoting Keyshawn Johnson when he stated that he is concerned about a shortened career
if Ben keeps taking the hits he is taking.

Great victory . This defense is as solid as I have seen since the 1970's. Solid performance in every phase , including coaching.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:52 AM   #27
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
All I saw tonight was that Leftwich came in and looked methodical and precise. Ben has been playing QB like a guy chasing a bus. The difference couldn't have been more obvious, and tonight one style worked and the other didn't.

Bottom line is, Ben is capable of playing a lot better than this. Have all the sacks put him into panic mode? Is he taking too many bad chances because he's trying too hard to carry the team? Is he just in a slump? I don't know. But maybe he should take a lesson from tonight and work a little bit of calm-the-hell-down back into his game. I don't want to see him try to be a methodical pocket passer all the time, but Jesus Christ, every pass attempt doesn't need to be a three-ring circus either.
Yeah, he is. He is much better than what he played. We all know that.

But is it his fault the offensive line sucks and the WR's decided not to catch? How many dropped passes did you count last night? It also seems that playcalling as well as the execution got a little bit better with Leftwich in the game, even then, Leftwich was still knocked around and harassed a bit.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:00 AM   #28
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
I also think the play calling changed a lil bit when Lefty came in. We ran the ball more so we could use the Play-Action and we threw more quick outs and slants.

I don't understand why we cannot do that with Ben in, why everything has to be 15 yards downfield.
Because Arians is a fool. The Steelers are supremely talented, but in all honesty, we're not and can't be the Coryell Chargers. This Offensive Line will not allow it. Last night was a case of Ben doing too much and not working. 17 passes? Talk about jumping the gun, don't you think? Again, doesn't help when WR's were dropping passes left and right.

Notice how we never used the no-huddle or called any short passes for the game. Once again.

Ben will return next week, and he will be good.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:23 AM   #29
Steeldude
Living Legend

BR needs to learn how to consistently make plays while in the pocket, not running around. schoolyard plays only last for so long. ask vick.

this is not to say it's all BR's fault. the O-line is ugh!, arians playcalling is sometimes ugh! and the WRs drop passes they should catch. holmes dropped at least 2 to 3 passes last night.

what has ken anderson done for BR? has BR improved/grown much since his rookie season?
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:38 AM   #30
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I think Ben's shoulder has been bothering him more than anybody's let on. He's been off for weeks now.

I agree. And Leftwich did get rid of the ball alot sooner. Also, when he had to, he threw it away. Ben hasn't done that in awhile.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote