Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-07-2005, 12:28 PM   #21
BigCat
Water Boy

Member Number: 709
Default Re: ???Charles Rogers???

I'm glad that you guys are realizing that WR is a position that needs to be addressed in the off season. Especially given that your top two WR are actaully quarterbacks in Ward and Randal El. You need a burner on the outside that open the field up. I don't care what you may think, you don't have that guy on your roster right now.
BigCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:37 PM   #22
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

I agree BigCat.

Hell no on Rogers why risk something like him with a big price tag. TO wow would that be nice but this is not fantasy football there is no way he comes here.

I would like to see K.Rob here but he does not have the greatest hands in the world either look at his #'s in SEA of dropped balls.

I just want a WR that can scare defense's some one that can take it to the house on a deep one. Doesnt have to be a big name. Someone like Dante Hall but with a little bit more size.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:17 PM   #23
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I find it utterly amazing that anyone could want T.O. on their team - every year we see teams get suckered into taking a guy that they think they can 'reform' - and like a girl takes on the bad-boy - they find out quickly that they have taken on more than they can handle.

Has it totally passed above these peoples heads how the Eagles organisation has fallen apart at the seams since T.O. started acting up - the Steelers are (or were) the AFC's Eagles - an excellent team who cant quite make the final leap to win it all - taking T.O. is a ridiculous risk.

Before anyone draws parallels with Corey Dillon - you cant - he was stuck on a ridiculously poor team that showed absolutely no ambition in removing the 'laughing stock' label from themselves - the Lions could do with more of this type of character.

Calling out your own QB because your team refuses to back down to your 'hostage demands' is a long way from even being similar.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:46 PM   #24
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

Yeah, T.O. is a sh**head but if the Steelers could get him for one year....Naw, I can't see Cowher or the Rooney's or anybody else in the organization taking that risk. Especially with the way some fans are calling for the coach's head. T.O. seems like the kind of guy that could blow the team apart. But damn he's talented. Too bad he's such a garbage teammate who'll never be happy with any QB who tries to get him the ball.
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:07 PM   #25
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Even if we would take him I wouldn't see him wanting to come to a run heavy offense. I know he won't have a lot of choices, but still.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:10 PM   #26
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

McCardell And Or Troy Brown. Those I see Are The Best 2 On The List.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:30 PM   #27
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Troy Brown is having another good year for us in the No.3 slot - however by far the best value for money would be had by getting David Givens who is a genuine big play threat.

The problem being that if he wont sign of the sort of money the Pats offer him - I cant see him wanting to come to a run oriented offense for a similar amount - Im presuming of course that the Steelers still refuse to overpay for FA's.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:45 PM   #28
Randle el#82
Water Boy

Member Number: 813

Cut Wilson and resign ARE and bring in Brandon Lloyd =]
Randle el #82
Randle el#82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:55 PM   #29
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaSteeler
Keenan McCardell
You know, that name interest me also, but how old is he, and how much does he have in the tank! Overall the list of free agent WR isnt that great. No number ones , well the retard TO
Old 12-08-2005, 05:26 PM   #30
Steel Fury
Water Boy

Member Number: 487

I see nobody on this list that can fill a need for us. I like Joe J but he doesn't fit our needs. I think we need to look for the draft.