Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-06-2005, 08:23 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts
Default Re: The Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Our defense, believe it or not, is one of the reasons we are doing as well as we are right now. Bare with me here...our defense bends a whole lot (especially in the running game), but we force so many turnovers that it always bails us out.

We don't turn the ball over and we force a lot of turnovers (leading the league in turnover ratio by a mile)...I think if we can keep doing that we will have a chance, but no question the defensive line has to improve.
i definitely agree with that. all these turnovers give the bengals offense great field position and definitely put points on the board. until 3 weeks ago the steelers came up with a timely turnover either to prevent points or gain them every week leading to lots of wins. (disgusting to think they used to be 7-2) the flipside is the chiefs team that rode into youre house at 9-0. their defense was great that year (atleast they led my team, and fantasy league in scoring that year) but they went on to get dismantled by the colts in the playoffs. at that point t. green and t. gonzalez were amongst the league leaders and their rb was setting records. so while i appreciate the things the bengals defense has going for it im not gonna drink the cool-aid just yet.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:06 PM   #12
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Hey The Bengals even if they get into the playoffs. At This Point, NO ONE IS GONNA STOP THE COLTS! Unless You Trust us to do the job. And Even That is a major wish.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:26 PM   #13
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan
I wouldnt' call them the absolute worst. They do have a fairly good secondary (ex. Deltha O'Neal leading the league in interceptions). But still think they're better than the likes of the Patriots (Even with the Patriots Injuries). If the Patriots weren't so beat up, I don't know, they might be better than the Bengals D, but as they are Cinci's is better IMO.
Let me start by saying that the Bolts and the Bengals are two teams that I actually like other than my beloved Patriots.

Let me finish by saying that you must be on the hard stuff if you think that the Patriots have one of the worst D's in the league if you factor out injuries - the Pats D always gets plenty of credit for our 3 SB wins - last couple of years we could do it all - stop the run and pressure the passer.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:05 PM   #14
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I think we actually match up well against the bengals even in a shootout.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:10 PM   #15
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

We just need New England to step up and spank thier son in the playoffs (the colts) if they make it that far....Then it will be smooth sailing for us.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #16
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past

Let me finish by saying that you must be on the hard stuff if you think that the Patriots have one of the worst D's in the league if you factor out injuries - the Pats D always gets plenty of credit for our 3 SB wins - last couple of years we could do it all - stop the run and pressure the passer.

NM
lmao! that remains to be seen. especially with the loss of crennell. they did real well against carolina before all the injuries didnt they? i think the diminished use of steroids in light of the bruschi tradgedy and the unconditionned, over complacent attitude has hurt them more than injuries. after all they still got brady and belichick dont they?.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:41 PM   #17
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
We just need New England to step up and spank thier son in the playoffs (the colts) if they make it that far....Then it will be smooth sailing for us.
what you need to do is win atleast 2 games in the next 4 weeks and hope you take care of business the 1st playoff game and then start worrying about that shit. damn i hope your young inexperienced players are approaching this with the same attitude as the fans are.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:53 AM   #18
StillerPaul
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I think we actually match up well against the bengals even in a shootout.

Me too! I think it will take their D 3 years to get to our level. And i'd be willing to bet that our D will go a long time without playing that crappy again.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:20 AM   #19
fergusonat
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 874

^Let's certainly hope the D doesn't play as crappy as it did last week...they can't afford anymore crappy games. We need to beat the Bears to salvage any kind of respect, IMO.

As for the Bengals, I think they got lucky last game. They caught the Steelers in what seems to be a streak of very low confidence and took advantage of it, in contrast to the first meeting this year when Pittsburgh had the momentum and basically wiped them out. And then Ben basically giftwrapped that victory for them with those dumb interceptions, so I wouldn't credit those picks to the Cincinnati defense. Ben made the mistake, and while I guess we have to forgive him, it was sort of his fault.

I still believe the Steelers are the team to beat in the AFC North. Ben just needs to get back into a rhythm to start playing like he used to, and luckily there are still 4 games left for him to get into that rhythm. The rest of the team needs to help him out though. I think we've been putting too much pressure on Ben to pull a win out of his ass.
fergusonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:51 PM   #20
KC_Steeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 899

Don't forget the original team with the High powered offense and no defense...The Colts...They made the playoffs every year and could never get to a Super Bowl.

They have now fixed their Defense and now maybe thier year.

Offense wins games...Defense wins Championships
KC_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote