Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-07-2005, 12:00 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,871 Times in 2,115 Posts
Default Re: The Solution to the Steelers Problems??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergusonat
Complete madness...no...no...no

TO is the complete opposite of what we need
t.o. is big, fast, strong, and a td scoring machine. so we need a small, slow, weak, wr who doesnt score td's? if the choice was between el and t.o. for 4 mil/yr. how can you not consider owens.

2 things: owens would genuinely have to want to be in pittsburgh.

as soon as the steelers showed any sign of interest about 10 more teams would suddenly become interrested and try to up the ante. i say if nothing the steelers should feign interrest just to drive up his asking price. if i was his agent the steelers would be the 1st team id be trying to call and atleast get some dialogue going.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #12
BigDude66687
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 904

I like your train of thought tony,

However if you look at the eagles coaching staff, andy reid is a big softie always was so was marriuchi, i would love to see what happens to TO when he gets a man as a coach who would shut him the **** up, also i think that the steelers have the lockerroom pressence to make him sit down and shut it because Ward, Bettis, Porter, Farrior, Hampton and others wont take his shit, I think if we miss the playoffs this year the rooneys should definately entertain this thought because it would represent the drastic change needed to revive our sluggish offense.
Finally Terrel Owens doesnt shy away from blocking and even on the steelers he'd still prob get around 80 catches which should be enough to keep him happy
BigDude66687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:56 PM   #13
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

With it looking like we may not be in the playoffs,I say we make our 1st rounder a big,physical reciever.

Remember,Owens was a quiet,respectful,and nice guy when he first entered the league...the people around him let him turn into the moster we see now.The people on this team will be able to keep a guy like that.

I would much rather have someone in the mold of Torry Holt (or hell,even Steve Smith) instead of someone in the mold of Owens or Moss.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #14
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

T.O. is the exact player we need. No question.

Its T.O. the man that we cannot deal with!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:29 PM   #15
tony hipchest

i would rather have harrison, smith (who has had his share of misbehaving) and holt too, but none will be available and way out of steelers price range. t.o. probably will be too.

but what if he wanted to play for the steelers at a bargain price to try to win, a sb, prove he can be a team player, and win a sb. this attitude change is gonna be the only way for him to put $$$ in his pockets beyond next year. a smart agent would be telling him exactly this.

t.o. in the steelers offense could EASILLY catch 60-70 balls in a year with 12-15 td's and lead the league in yards per catch. the locker room is strong and it would be hard for him to get away with his antics. instead of being "the guy" like he was in frisco or philly he would just be one of the dudes.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:48 PM   #16
KC_Steeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 899

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the locker room is strong and it would be hard for him to get away with his antics. instead of being "the guy" like he was in frisco or philly he would just be one of the dudes.

That is the exact thinking of Philly...He wasn't supposed to be the guy in philly they had alot of stars and look what happended there....I still say NO!

Would anyone trade 1 Super Bowl for few losing seasons? any thoughts
KC_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:58 PM   #17
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
With it looking like we may not be in the playoffs,I say we make our 1st rounder a big,physical reciever.
no way we should waste a first round pick on reciever, we need a power running back before we need a receiver

and i wouldn't mind seeing t.o. in a steelers uniform, he's good for one year and then he becomes an ass, so get him for one year and win a superbowl and then let him go to another team
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:07 PM   #18
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Steeler
That is the exact thinking of Philly...He wasn't supposed to be the guy in philly they had alot of stars and look what happended there....I still say NO!

was also the same thinking in new england in regards with dillon. look what happened there. they took a chance and picked up the missing piece that allowed them to go 14-2 and steamroll to another sb win. a super bowl and a few losing seasons is better than no superbowl and a few losing seasons.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:13 PM   #19
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Corey Dillon's off-field troubles are like a kid shoplifting compared to a mass-murderer...there's that much difference between the 2 players mentality.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:32 PM   #20
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i would rather have harrison, smith (who has had his share of misbehaving) and holt too, but none will be available and way out of steelers price range. t.o. probably will be too.

but what if he wanted to play for the steelers at a bargain price to try to win, a sb, prove he can be a team player, and win a sb. this attitude change is gonna be the only way for him to put $$$ in his pockets beyond next year. a smart agent would be telling him exactly this.

t.o. in the steelers offense could EASILLY catch 60-70 balls in a year with 12-15 td's and lead the league in yards per catch. the locker room is strong and it would be hard for him to get away with his antics. instead of being "the guy" like he was in frisco or philly he would just be one of the dudes.
I didn't mean that I wanted that player (I know they'd be too high priced) but someone in thier mold.Lots of skill,but not too ****y...not a locker room disurbance,fun and funny,not "me me me" and someone who'll rip a team apart.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote