Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,617 Posts
Default Re: The Solution to the Steelers Problems??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Corey Dillon's off-field troubles are like a kid shoplifting compared to a mass-murderer...there's that much difference between the 2 players mentality.
not really. dillon talked shit about his team just like owens did. he was un happy just like owens was. i agree t.o. is a nut job. but he brings it and lays it all on the field.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #22
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Daniel Rooney. His IQ Is A lot higher than T.O. He will NOT SIGN TO!

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #23
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Well If I had to add 1 extra receiver to take pressure off of Hines Give Us Troy Brown. He Can Burn any player.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:36 PM   #24
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
not really. dillon talked shit about his team just like owens did. he was un happy just like owens was. i agree t.o. is a nut job. but he brings it and lays it all on the field.
Tony,

The Dillon situation was a million miles from being a T.O. situation.

Dillon never called out his own QB for losing his nerve.

Dillon was never part of a team that would EVER challenge for any honors under its current management.

Dillon never threatened to not play unless his monetary demands were met.

The Dillon situation was one of a Pro-bowl calibre RB who was not content to sit back and watch his team embarrass themselves year in year out despite his own best efforts (every year bar one was a 1000yd year)

Im grateful we have Dillon right now - my only wish is we could have had him a few years earlier where we would have alot more mutual success.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:50 PM   #25
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Not only would the steelers never consider signing TO
TO himself would never sign with the steelers...he knows they are a run first second third and once again and maybe pas later team........
He would never sign with them.
And personally i hope TO is out of football......hopefully every team out there will see that TO is a parasite that will eventually ruin your team
Old 12-07-2005, 06:17 PM   #26
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Tony,

The Dillon situation was a million miles from being a T.O. situation.

Dillon never called out his own QB for losing his nerve.

Dillon was never part of a team that would EVER challenge for any honors under its current management.

Dillon never threatened to not play unless his monetary demands were met.

The Dillon situation was one of a Pro-bowl calibre RB who was not content to sit back and watch his team embarrass themselves year in year out despite his own best efforts (every year bar one was a 1000yd year)

Im grateful we have Dillon right now - my only wish is we could have had him a few years earlier where we would have alot more mutual success.

NM
miles away??? dillon said hed rather flip burgers than play for the bengals. instead of calling out whichever pathetic qb they had at the time he called out the WHOLE ORGANIZATION.

dillon got himself benched with the emergence of rudi johnson with a mystery injury that never seemed to heal.

the t.o. situation was one of a pro-bowl calibur wr who was not content to sit back and watch its teams embarras itsself whether it was s.f. falling apart due to cap issues or the eagles embarrasing themselves in the superbowl despite his best efforts.

they are strikingly similar. only difference is that 1 wears a ring and the other doesnt, and one (dillon) immediately got a re-done contract and an extension.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:57 PM   #27
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Not only would the steelers never consider signing TO
TO himself would never sign with the steelers...he knows they are a run first second third and once again and maybe pas later team........
He would never sign with them.
And personally i hope TO is out of football......hopefully every team out there will see that TO is a parasite that will eventually ruin your team
well if the steelers dont ATLEAST consider it for the right price then they are stupid.

if the organizations mission statement is to field a team with players of impeccable character, rather than winning a sb, they should just come out and say it. didnt we have bam morris last time we went to a sb?

that run 1st, 2nd, 3rd, philosophy is great but it has sucked the last 3 weeks when steelers cant muster 100 yds rushing. with ben throwing bombs to t.o. do you think defenses would be stacking the box?

point is, as an organization you must be willing to take a chance now and then. buc's brought in keyshawn and traded for gruden. j. jones won the sb's with a crack head whoring wr. he then acquired a volotile "me, me, me" guy deion sanders. pats brought in dillon, eagles t.o. oakland had barrett robbins and gave rod woodson a shot to resume his career. rams traded for marshall faulk and let a grocery boy qb their team (character actually counted in this instance, but the point is the rams took a chance, risk and made a splash.) ty law was a druggie. the list goes on.....

t.o. just opened his big fat mouth and offered a candid opinion and stomped on the star in dallas. if i were him id be kinda pissed to if i was rehabbing my knee for the sb at less than market value and all my teammates can say is "we dont need him anyways" "we made it this far 3 years without him" (not direct quotes) did he handle the matter wrong? yes. does he have a snowballs chance in hell to become a steeler? no. not to even consider it though is a huge mistake. especially if he can be gotten at bargain price.

i prefer chevy's over fords but i sure as hell would drive a brand new mustang for $5000.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:02 PM   #28
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Dillion vs. TO ? Not even close. Dillion may have issues, but TO is beyond issues, he issues turned into team , then league issues!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:10 PM   #29
BigDude66687
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 904

TO was one of the 2 best players on philly he wasnt one of the guys he was one of the most vocal people becuase Reid is a players coach.

TO was making a valid point in asking for money sooner rather than waiting until the later years in his contract, its known that most football organisations have no loyality
BigDude66687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:59 AM   #30
StillerPaul
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 821

If it could guarantee us a SB win i'd take him (only for a year). If not? No chance in hell i'd take him. But like so many have said before, there is simply no chance at all of Cowher OR the Rooney's even thinking about it. C'mon we all know they are conservative, not risk takers.