Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Tailgate Party

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8498
Default if that wasn't a kick in the nuts...

If the loss to Indy wasn't just a kick in the nuts... what I discovered afterward was an karate-chop to my va-nay-nay...

my Steeler fan van got broke into during the game & they stole all the booze out of it.

Thank god it was only the booze... I had invested about $15 in the bottle of smirnoff that was in there, the rest of it was just left-overs from over the years (about 5 other various 1/5ths).. so no big loss..

but.. bottom line.. they popped the side window vent somehow & stole all of it... didn't take anything else... the only other things to take would have been my coolers with some food in it & my sirius radio (which would have been deactivated when I reported it stolen)

I think someone who saw my fan van setup probably got into it after I went into the game... just a big f**cking bummer coming out of the game to find that... glad they didn't break a big window.. but still.. makes me feel violated (I am sounding like a real woman now..lol).

Oh well.. life goes on.. I just wont take any booze next time.. I'd take my German Shepherd & leave her in the van to protect it next time, but she is so nice I'm afraid they'd steal her too ;)

-Mel

100% Certified Grade-A SteelerChick
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: if that wansn't a kick in the nuts...

That is one kick in the nuts I never want to suffer.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:10 AM   #3
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,176 Times in 1,350 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Better luck next time but there is a happy drunk out there somewhere.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:47 AM   #4
the_king_from_leon
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9061

Crap Mel thats really bad, was there nobody who saw anything? What a crap end to the day!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #5
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520

was you in your normal parking lot? really shocked they dont have tight security their during the game, especially as much as it costs to park.
PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #6
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Yea, I was in my normal parking lot... they don't have any security that I've seen...as soon as they lot attendants get done parking cars.. they are outta there. In the GOLD lots I've seen security.. but I don't have a pre-paid pass to get into those.. I pay $25 on game day.. The van was really out in the open, which I would think would have deterred people.. but it also made people more aware of what was there in the first place. I didn't go around to the bars & ask.. but nobody said they saw anything.

I'm just bummed.. not sure what I'm going to do about it, but one thing I know for sure is that I won't be bringing any more booze to the tailgates. What I'm thinking I might do is just leave the vent window unlocked (that is what they messed with to get into the van) & if someone wants to get in that way & look through my van... so be it.. My radio is cheap and has a detachable face anyways, my sirius I can actually take with me next time... I might get some chain & chain my coolers to something inside the van so they can't take them...

Old 11-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #7
the_king_from_leon
Bench Warmer

That really sucks Mel! At least you seem to have worked ways of stopping them from doing it again. I hate the fact that its always a couple of (insert expletive) that turn something sour, just dont let it get you down.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
tresh123
Water Boy

Member Number: 8302

THAT IS CRAP!!!! PEOPLE ARE SO WEAK!!!! I DON'T UNDERSYAND THE THINKING BEHIND PEOPLES ACTIONS!!!! OR LACK OF THINKING. WEEL NEXT WEEK WE WILL KICK THE CHARGERS BUTTS AND MAYBE SOMEONE WILL PUT A FIFTH OR TWO BACK IN THE VAN!!!!! FLYING OUT FROM IDAHO SATURDAY MORNING AND SPENDING THE WHOLE WEEK IN PITTSBURGH. CAN'T WAIT. WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO BE COMING IN AFTER A WIN THOUGH!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:55 PM   #9
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

I think it was probably bums...

Why else would they have not stolen anything else.. there are a good # of bums walking around that area during the day.

I won't be at the Chargers game after all.. I ended up trading around so I could watch my brothers kids next Sunday... but I WILL be 100% FOR SURE at the Thursday night Bengals game.

I look forward to meeting all our far-away friends for that game, should be a great tailgate....and hopefully a SUPER game...

Life goes on.. I'm not gonna let them bring me down! FAN VAN rides on!!!

Mel

Old 11-10-2008, 03:09 PM   #10
the_king_from_leon
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateMel View Post
I think it was probably bums...

Why else would they have not stolen anything else.. there are a good # of bums walking around that area during the day.

I won't be at the Chargers game after all.. I ended up trading around so I could watch my brothers kids next Sunday... but I WILL be 100% FOR SURE at the Thursday night Bengals game.

I look forward to meeting all our far-away friends for that game, should be a great tailgate....and hopefully a SUPER game...

Life goes on.. I'm not gonna let them bring me down! FAN VAN rides on!!!

Mel

Good to hear that! I look forward to being able to have a celebratory drink with you at the Bungles tailgate! I am pissed off today not only about the van etc. but i just found out that the moron who I bought the jersey's from has sent them to the UK and not my friends place in the US! GRRRRR!

Anyways Mel enjoy your sunday and have a good day with your brothers kids and see you on thursday!