Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-10-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Watch the replay of colts game

Boy when we lose critics come out of the woodwork to dump on Ben. He threw two costly interceptions and he rightfully deserves criticism, but the last time I watched a game it still consisted of ten other guys on the field at any time. I am going to make some points and when or if you watch the replay just observe my points. First off we have a great defense but watch Manning throw to receivers with lots of space around them, his receivers get great separation. Now I know this was not always the case or he would have completed every pass, but in contrast look at the windows Ben had to throw at. Our wideouts rarely get a comfortable spacing from the defender. Also we didn't get to Peyton but once and no real pressure, Ben was sacked twice and he had pressure all day. Arians has received flack from his play calling, I.E. no short passes or screens to take the pressure off of the line. That is what he did today, we threw more quick outs today than ever and some of us still complain. We had very little running success today so the offensive load fell to Ben. Now count dropped passes or at least catchable passes from our group. I counted five, and I gave the benefit of the doubt to the receiver on at least three more. As far as the interceptions Ben said that he takes full blame for the first one, but he just said him and Holmes were on the wrong page on the second one. Even the announcers said Holmes gave up on the ball. Now as the QB of a team he will always get most of the accolades and he will be the goat most of the time in a loss. If we all take the blame game than who gave up the big pass play when we scored on the first drive, was that not a momentum swing. And since when do Steelers fans play the "what if" or "if only" card. I have read "if only" Tomlin had started BL we would have won. How do you know? Nothing is certain in life but uncertainty.I do not expect an amen or agreement, just look at the replay and you can see blame goes around, just as praise should, to all members of a TEAM.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #2
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606
Default Re: Watch the replay of colts game

But the first interception was the turning point of the game. Crappy pass by Big Ben, and an even dumber call my Arians when you are ahead and trying to run the clock out. I also agree 100% that we did not blitz enough. I said it in another thread, but I will say it again. When we got pressure on Manning, he got frustrated and fell apart, but we let him take his time, and he picked us apart. When you don't rush a good passing team, they will do what they do best.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
But the first interception was the turning point of the game. Crappy pass by Big Ben, and an even dumber call my Arians when you are ahead and trying to run the clock out. I also agree 100% that we did not blitz enough. I said it in another thread, but I will say it again. When we got pressure on Manning, he got frustrated and fell apart, but we let him take his time, and he picked us apart. When you don't rush a good passing team, they will do what they do best.
Blitzing Manning worked playing soft coverage didnt.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

The one play that sticks out in my mind is the goal line when they did 3 straight runs to the same side of the field....no play action, no mixing up players - nothing just 3 straight runs to the same hole!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Blitzing Manning worked playing soft coverage didnt.
Amen to that. You have to put pressure on him. He's a big baby and he cries if you blitz.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #6
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

Three plays and we win this game going away:

1. Ike knocks the ball down instead of tipping it in the air.
2. The INT before the half.
3. The goal line stance by the Colts.

Okay maybe 5 plays, if we execute even 1 of the 3 we wouldn't be having this discussion.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
dcsteel5804
Team Captain

Member Number: 9373

First, I want to respond to the guy who opened this thread... STOP CRYING ABOUT PEOPLE CRITICIZING BEN. He deserves criticism. So does Bruce Arians. Anyone who knows football a little bit knows when you have a lead going into half, and you have the ball close to you endzone, you dont turn it over. Bruce shoulndt have called the play, Ben shouldnt have thrown the ball. Take the sack for cryin out loud, hes been doin that all season. Run the ball on third, maybee get a first, maybee have to punt, both of those senarios are better than the turnover. Then the three consecutive plays calls at the goal line, with the same motion 3 times, same snap count 3 times, that was stupid. Its a little easier to make the play when you're sold out to the fact its the same one you just saw twice in a row. A decent coordinator would have done some type of play action or a naked bootleg to the wide side, just not the same play thrice!! The third pick was a miscommunication or misread, but still very costly.
dcsteel5804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #8
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I started this thread and I will respond. I do not care if anyone wishes to critique a players play. We all do some extent. I take exception when we turn on a QB who is the best thing to happen to Steeler football since the 70's. Sure he had a bad game and maybe even two to three more. My problem is those who want to bench him for a player who was not even with a team after TC, A player who could not make any teams roster before injuries. How can anyone make such an asinine assumption that he will be better. Lets not forget Byron Leftwich played only one half, big deal,maybe Ben bashers get there wish and he can play against teams like the Giants and Eagles with our porous line. I am a Steeler fan and I have been for 40 plus years( since I was old enough to remember) and I want what is best for the team, and IMO BB is what is best. He gives us the best chance to win every game. And as to him being hurt I have no doubt he is hurting, bur lets leave the game decisions to those who actually get payed to make them.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #9
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
The one play that sticks out in my mind is the goal line when they did 3 straight runs to the same side of the field....no play action, no mixing up players - nothing just 3 straight runs to the same hole!
That was embarrassing.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #10
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165

A lot of people think that I think that Ben is god or something and never makes mistakes or has a horrible game. That is not what I think and I'm tired of people saying that to me. But there's no way in heck that you can say this loss was all Ben's fault. Yeah he threw 3 INT's, but one didn't matter-it was at the end of the game and it was a hail mary. The other 2, I know were thrown at crucial times in the game, but the receivers and the defense deserve some blame here as well. Holmes could have tried to catch that 2nd one better and the defense could've held the Colts to 3.

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote