Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #151
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,426 Times in 516 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24seven View Post
sounds to me like some people just can't deal with opinions that are different than their own.. A forum is meant for discussion from different points of view. Might just wanna stop the childish arguing about who posted what and just post your opinion based on the initial post. Otherwise you get 16 pages of bitchin at other posters about their need to vent after a frustrating situation. That being said.. I am a member.. i post when I feel I need to post.. I don't live on this forum and make friends with everyone I just come to see what is being said about the team i've loved for 30 years of my life. Again with that being said.. Ben is playing like royal dogshit and if he plays like that again he needs to see some bench time. Put aside his past.. The past doesn't mean shit right now. Right now he's playing some of the worst football i've ever seen and he looks like a scared schoolgirl that can't decide if he wants to loose his virginity or not. Sure our line isn't the greatest but there has been so many times Ben could of moved and he just stands there anymore. Shit I would love to see Dennis Dixon play for all I care.. I don't think we have a set solution for who or what we need but I'm tellin you right now.. I'm callin him out.. Benny boogers.. You are stinkin up the field. Ok Ben Lovers.. that should drag this into a couple more pages at least.. have at it.........:S
Let's see - you go on a rant about "childish arguing" and then christen Roethlisberger "Benny Boogers." Ironic.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #152
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Ben is a Warrior and we can't win the "ship without him , however, he needs to let his shoulder heal, that is why Leftwich is here. This week Leftwich should start with Dixon at backup and Ben the emergency QB.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #153
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
he needs to rest and get his shoulder better b/c we definately need him down the stretch
Is there an echo in here? I've been saying that for the past two days!

Don't know if his injury is more severe than we are being told as fans, but a shoulder injury, especially to a QB, is usually a lingering injury that only heals with proper rest. The coaching staff will most likely evalulate Ben this week to see if he can play this weekend against the Bolts. If there is any doubt whatsoever in their minds, they should sit Ben and start Leftwich imho.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #154
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

i think bens shoulder is about as good as its gonna get this season. while it wont worsen, it seems like an injury that would take 4-6 weeks to really heal naturally.

what is really hurting ben the most is being w/o mendenhall and parker. the philosophy going into this season was ben throwing about as much as kerry collins and eli manning are (even if he wants to be jay cutler or drew brees).
Old 11-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #155
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

I think Ben's problem is the beard...or lack there of.

He needs to grow that thing back out like he did for the SuperBowl run. All that itching is bound to make him forget about the protection and injury problems.

Just saying. I think every thing else has been covered to this point.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #156
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Is there an echo in here? I've been saying that for the past two days!

Don't know if his injury is more severe than we are being told as fans, but a shoulder injury, especially to a QB, is usually a lingering injury that only heals with proper rest. The coaching staff will most likely evalulate Ben this week to see if he can play this weekend against the Bolts. If there is any doubt whatsoever in their minds, they should sit Ben and start Leftwich imho.
sorry, i just got back on here monday..lol so i missed you saying that. but knowing you, you probably were and absolutely right.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #157
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

Confidence. CONFIDENCE CONFIDENCE CONFIDENCE! :)

Just my .02 on Big Ben, but I like him. He knows how to win. He's got a Superbowl ring, and made some great plays in it. Does he throw interceptions? Yep. Always has. Have we seen many QBs who don't? Not really. Neil...till the Superbowl. Anyway, I think Ben is losing his confidence out there, and I don't know how, but he's got to keep it. Yeah, he threw that interception and it cause them only to have a 3 point lead. My attitude was, "So what? Look at our first quarter."
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #158
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,426 Times in 516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_and_gold_4_ever View Post
No disrespect to Ben but he isn't the quaterback we all thought he as gonna be i mean after he got the big check a flip switched and plus i personally thought they should have traded him for brady quinn last season or this season and/or eli manning back in the draft...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmondfan View Post
Although I am not the new poster who suggested trading for Brady Quinn (that is rediculous) I do take offence to a suggestion that someone new can not make a comment about "your hero". Look at the statistics and realize your hero hasnt played very well. He hasnt played a well since his motorcycle accident. He is chronically injured which has limited his ability to be consistant. I know you luv him him (i am assuming you are female) but be objective to his play lately and not so defensive. I am sure he luvs you too...
Notice how these two (just by coincidence, I'm sure, and they're definitely not the only ones) haven't been around since, oh, right around the time of the loss to Indy, which is the last time the team lost? Anybody want to make a bet they'll only come back here to start bitching and squawking again after another loss and won't show back up under any other circumstance?

So, to any potential newbs that read this - when you stay silent after every win, but come here to bitch, whine, moan, complain, and call for ridiculous trades (Ben for Brady Quinn? Still shaking my head over that one....) and throw everyone associated with the organization under the bus after a loss (fire Tomlin, Arians, the Rooneys, the Rooneys' family dog, etc.), expect to get called out on it.

Last edited by fansince'76; 12-02-2008 at 08:08 PM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:45 AM   #159
Paul Pyrch
Draft Prospect

Location: Originally from Ambridge, PA now living in Virginia Beach, VA
Member Number: 3116

Ben for Brady Quinn! What a joke. You said it like it is. Amen. Amen. Amen. People need to use their heads and wise up before writing such nonsense.
Paul Pyrch is offline   Reply With Quote