Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #11
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165
Default Re: Ben was Selfish

Yeah selfish alright whenever Tomlin says he's playing. If we would've won, you all woudn't have been complaining about benching Ben. And his shoulder looked alright to me, so i don't understand what you're saying.

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #12
DJ919
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10605

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Absolutely. Tomlin is still learning. That's ok. I hope he realizd he should of at the very least let Byron play the fourth quarter today. He should have had him play the whole game but I'm sure Ben said he'd be fine. And he did look fine in the first quarter.

We have a very good backup this year. Take advantage of him while we can.
100%

No doubt, Ben plays hurt. You often see it on his face as he grimaces after being sacked, or hit. He's a warrior...But does that help or hurt the team? Now, this may counter popular belief, but hurt or not, Ben often seems to have a hard time reading the Defense. It has come to the point that when he drops back to pass, I'm crossing my fingers! I've noticed this over the past couple of seasons. The picks he throws are super clean..."Straight to the opposing DB's numbers." Please don't get this twisted, but as true Steelers fans we know our team's strengths and weaknesses. This happens to be one of them. We should NOT have lost this game, and it has the possibility to come back and haunt us with Baltimore pouncing all over the Texans today, and our schedule is not going to lighten up. We need all the wins we can get. Two games against the over-rated Manning brothers that we should not have lost. Without question Byron L could have been put in "relief pitcher" mode and saved this game. We probably have the best back up QB in the league. This guy is starter status, so yes that should be taken advantage of. Yeah, the loyalty is to Ben, but the BIGGER loyalty is to winning.
DJ919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #13
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

It's not that we're losing it's the fact how we are losing. When you have the ball down in your own end with 1:27 left before the half with a 17-7 lead an idiot knows you need to make sure you have ball control. Whether it was play calling or not you CANNOT throw an Int in that situation!
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #14
steelmatic1906
Water Boy

Member Number: 9484

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Who are all these people that come out of the woodwork when we lose?
I guess People can only post when you think its fit? Message boards are for venting. Why did you open the thread? You had a choice to skip this thread just like Ben had a choice not to play! My point wasnt to bash Ben. He's a good QB WHEN HEALTHY. Im just saying your the leader of the team and leaders dont make decisions thinkin about themself. He has to do whats right by the team. If Tomlin ask can you go be honest, not tough guy. He practiced 1 day half speed.

P.S. For all the Elder statesmen of the message board i will try to make a post everyday so can then approve of my post!
steelmatic1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #15
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,466 Times in 2,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ919 View Post
100%

No doubt, Ben plays hurt. You often see it on his face as he grimaces after being sacked, or hit. He's a warrior...But does that help or hurt the team? Now, this may counter popular belief, but hurt or not, Ben often seems to have a hard time reading the Defense. It has come to the point that when he drops back to pass, I'm crossing my fingers! I've noticed this over the past couple of seasons. The picks he throws are super clean..."Straight to the opposing DB's numbers." Please don't get this twisted, but as true Steelers fans we know our team's strengths and weaknesses. This happens to be one of them. We should NOT have lost this game, and it has the possibility to come back and haunt us with Baltimore pouncing all over the Texans today, and our schedule is not going to lighten up. We need all the wins we can get. Two games against the over-rated Manning brothers that we should not have lost. Without question Byron L could have been put in "relief pitcher" mode and saved this game. We probably have the best back up QB in the league. This guy is starter status, so yes that should be taken advantage of. Yeah, the loyalty is to Ben, but the BIGGER loyalty is to winning.
Its obvious you weren't a fan when Stewart, Tomczak, O'Donnell, or Maddox were the qb.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #16
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

I told my wife that the game would end on an interception before Indy kicked off and I knew that how Ben was playing he wouldn't let me down.. I just wanna know one thing.. Did Ben get hit in the head over the off season or another wreck or somethin that we don't know about? Cuz he's playin like he don't know what the hell is goin on out there.. I don't know why everyones head is crammed so far up there ass they can't see past the shit but Ben is playing like Bubby Brister or some shit.. He can't make a frickin decision for the life of him.. He can't move out of the pocket.. His passes are all either in the ground.. behind the receiver or to the other team..I'm done keeping fingers crossed that he'll complete it.. I've lost all faith.. I don't have a clue why but he seems to have this way of getting his way even when Cower was coach.. I know for a fact Tomlin would let him play if Ben said he was hurt even though he was.. I have no doubt.. Ben just needs to learn how to sit the profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter down and let someone else lead cuz he lost the ability. Hell yes I'm throwin him under the bus I'm runnin him over too.. Until he can grow up and sit the bench like a man and deal with his issues Ben is on my shit list. Byron's play last week was the first time in a long time I could see a change in the offense. I'm not saying Byron is our answer.. But Ben deffinitely is not.. and that last drive omg.. Again he goes and cries to the refs that he got the play off in time when we got that delay of game yet everyone in America was saying HIKE THE DAMN BALL IDIOT!!! He wasted so much time it was pathetic.. Then passes in the middle of the field.. I was just waiting for him to spike it on 4th lol. That would of just took the cake.. At some point our defense is gonna start ridin some ass and that ass better be Bens.. No line can protect a guy if he's gonna pump fake 20 times and stand there.. He isn't even scrambling anymore.. Bitch me out all you want.. I've watched football for 30 years.. I know when I see a problem and right now Ben is the problem..And the past is the past I could care less if he won a superbowl or not.. I'm talkin right here.. right now..
Old 11-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #17
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Its obvious you weren't a fan when Stewart, Tomczak, O'Donnell, or Maddox were the qb.
I'll second that.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #18
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i dont even think it was a matter of being hurt.. he made a couple BAD decisions.. decisions like he made in the first half of the wild card game last year.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #19
steelmatic1906
Water Boy

Member Number: 9484

True. He did make bad decisions on some throws, but even the good throws i cringe cause they just seem like the float to the Wr's. He has no consistent zip on the ball.
steelmatic1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #20
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

Funny how people likes the ''what have you done for me lately''

here is some things on Big Ben

First of all,yeah he didnt play his best ball tonight,but like Coach Tomlin said sometimes when you win,QB's get too much credit but when you lose QB's can get more heat than they deserve.

Bruce Arians is the one who called the Passing play with less than 2 min to go in the 2nd half with Indy having only 1 Timeout remaining.Yeah it was a very bad throw by Ben but if the coach makes a good call,there's no chance of getting intercepted there.Same for the 2nd INT.You dont throw the ball with 5 min to go when you want to run the clock and you know that the OPP is looking for the turnovers.

Now have you noticed that Ben has been throwing INT since he got beat up.(since the giants game)

We put some pressure on Ben to get rid of the ball quickly,but that is not his style.Ben has always been a guy that needs time to make plays.Byron's style is to pass quickly.That is why sometimes he can look better but trust me he is not.The FO have decide to not improve the OL during the offseason and now because we have a poor OL we ask our QB to be someone else and when he gets intercepted we blame him.

Now we have 2 options

1) you improve that line and you get back the old Ben(and even a better Ben that we ever had)

2) you keep the poor OL and you change the 100 million dollar QB to a slow QB that gets rid of the ball quickly but wont make magic plays at times.

and finally do you really think we would have won the superbowl with Leftwich? the answer is no,cause Leftwich wouldnt have caught the colts player in the AFC Divisional game

You're still the man Ben
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote