Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #21
steelmatic1906
Water Boy

Member Number: 9484
Default Re: Ben was Selfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksteelers55 View Post
Funny how people likes the ''what have you done for me lately''

here is some things on Big Ben

First of all,yeah he didnt play his best ball tonight,but like Coach Tomlin said sometimes when you win,QB's get too much credit but when you lose QB's can get more heat than they deserve.

Bruce Arians is the one who called the Passing play with less than 2 min to go in the 2nd half with Indy having only 1 Timeout remaining.Yeah it was a very bad throw by Ben but if the coach makes a good call,there's no chance of getting intercepted there.Same for the 2nd INT.You dont throw the ball with 5 min to go when you want to run the clock and you know that the OPP is looking for the turnovers.

Now have you noticed that Ben has been throwing INT since he got beat up.(since the giants game)

We put some pressure on Ben to get rid of the ball quickly,but that is not his style.Ben has always been a guy that needs time to make plays.Byron's style is to pass quickly.That is why sometimes he can look better but trust me he is not.The FO have decide to not improve the OL during the offseason and now because we have a poor OL we ask our QB to be someone else and when he gets intercepted we blame him.

Now we have 2 options

1) you improve that line and you get back the old Ben(and even a better Ben that we ever had)

2) you keep the poor OL and you change the 100 million dollar QB to a slow QB that gets rid of the ball quickly but wont make magic plays at times.

and finally do you really think we would have won the superbowl with Leftwich? the answer is no,cause Leftwich wouldnt have caught the colts player in the AFC Divisional game

You're still the man Ben

Arians did make some bad calls, but he doesnt throw the ball for him. Also i thought Ben had the authority to audible in and out of plays. He is the Man and he has done a lot for this organization in a short period of time, but people act like Ben can do know wrong. He had a bad game period.
steelmatic1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #22
#1LambertFan
Starter

Member Number: 5489

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersMongol View Post
I think Ben needs trust Lefty & 2 sit down 4 a game or 2 until that shoulder thing gets better.
He needs to learn the longer he tries to ignore it the worse its going to get and it has the potential to be permenant. I was hoping Ben would sit this game so he could be fresh for the harder part of our season. Nope! Things will only get worse if he stays out from here. Leftwich is a good QB and we knew our offensive line wasn't what it has been in the past, and these are the kind of situations we picked Byron up for. Ben is our franchise QB and he NEEDS to know when to let others take the load off of him. Playin like he has been all year (and last year) I dont see him lasting more than 2-3 more years.
#1LambertFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #23
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmatic1906 View Post
I guess People can only post when you think its fit? Message boards are for venting. Why did you open the thread? You had a choice to skip this thread just like Ben had a choice not to play! My point wasnt to bash Ben. He's a good QB WHEN HEALTHY. Im just saying your the leader of the team and leaders dont make decisions thinkin about themself. He has to do whats right by the team. If Tomlin ask can you go be honest, not tough guy. He practiced 1 day half speed.

P.S. For all the Elder statesmen of the message board i will try to make a post everyday so can then approve of my post!
If you had been a regular poster here and not just show up after a loss, there would be no grief. You did the latter, so here we are.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #24
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Thanked 1,050 Times in 441 Posts

I can't stand to see Ben get blamed like this. He is arguably the best player in the league. He has done so much for this team, don't just bail on him for a guy who couldn't even start over David Garrard or Chris Redman.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #25
steelmatic1906
Water Boy

Member Number: 9484

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
If you had been a regular poster here and not just show up after a loss, there would be no grief. You did the latter, so here we are.
There are over a million steeler fans! I dont think i will be the 1st time poster. Just relax and let people vent. I promise to reply to all your great post. Jeez
steelmatic1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #26
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165

and i find it funny that most of the bashers have ben in their avi???

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #27
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveben7 View Post
and i find it funny that most of the bashers have ben in their avi???
Just what I was thinking.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #28
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LambertFan View Post
He needs to learn the longer he tries to ignore it the worse its going to get and it has the potential to be permenant. I was hoping Ben would sit this game so he could be fresh for the harder part of our season. Nope! Things will only get worse if he stays out from here. Leftwich is a good QB and we knew our offensive line wasn't what it has been in the past, and these are the kind of situations we picked Byron up for. Ben is our franchise QB and he NEEDS to know when to let others take the load off of him. Playin like he has been all year (and last year) I dont see him lasting more than 2-3 more years.
Yeah Ben is our franchise QB so the best way to give him confidence is by bench him for a QB that wasnt good enough to make the Lions Training Camp ???

come on be realistic,it takes more time to Ben to see the play develop,but once he see it he rarely makes mistakes.

Give him a solid OL with times and you will see a QB that doesnt make mistakes or almost no mistakes.
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #29
ytsan2q
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3221

I always wondered how the coaches decide whether a player is healthy enough to start. It amazed me when Ben was only out one game after the motorcycle accident ans spleen removal.
ytsan2q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #30
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmatic1906 View Post
There are over a million steeler fans! I dont think i will be the 1st time poster. Just relax and let people vent. I promise to reply to all your great post. Jeez
We get more members on this board to "vent" after losses than we ever do after a win, and that is a fact. And we're not supposed to question it???

And if you get so worked up over a football game that you have to join a message board to vent, then I'm afraid you have some issues that need to be sorted out.