Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
fosterbj
Water Boy

Member Number: 10637
Default Better view at Arena - D23 or E2 ???

Who has lots of experience at the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh? I am buying tickets for my 2 boys and my husband for their first ever Pens game on 11/15. I have a choice between E2 for $245 or D23 for $300 Which has the better view?
fosterbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Better view at Arena - D23 or E2 ???

First of all, you're nuts if you pay that kind of cash for a game. I'd wait until Thursday or Friday to buy tickets (assuming you're using StubHub or Pens TicketExchange), because they will be MUCH cheaper by then - especially on StubHub. Second, it depends on where you are sitting in either section - the first few rows of E2 are good seats and would have a better view than D23, as you would be closer to the action. Hope you enjoy the game!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
fosterbj
Water Boy

Member Number: 10637

D23 Row M or E2 Row H. That is the price for all 4 tickets total not a piece. We are staying out this weekend to go to the Steeler game on Sunday and when I saw the pens were home Saturday, I thought it would work out perfect. I am orginally from out in that side or the state. My boys and hubby will be their 1st reg season steeler game and possibly 1st pro hockey game. Thought it may be a great weekend. Anyhow, I've been watching tix go on ebay for 4= $500 and can't pay that much. Saw these 4 for $230-$300 for all 4 and thought better. Stubhub had more tix 2 days ago and now not so many left to choice from.
Thanks for your response.
fosterbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
the_king_from_leon
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9061

The reason why they dont have so many now is that they only leave listings up of people who have sold several tickets beforehand with them so you will be more likely to find a deal on there.

I would also check out www.craigslist.com they may have some last minute steals on there
Old 11-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterbj View Post
D23 Row M or E2 Row H. That is the price for all 4 tickets total not a piece. We are staying out this weekend to go to the Steeler game on Sunday and when I saw the pens were home Saturday, I thought it would work out perfect. I am orginally from out in that side or the state. My boys and hubby will be their 1st reg season steeler game and possibly 1st pro hockey game. Thought it may be a great weekend. Anyhow, I've been watching tix go on ebay for 4= $500 and can't pay that much. Saw these 4 for $230-$300 for all 4 and thought better. Stubhub had more tix 2 days ago and now not so many left to choice from.
Thanks for your response.
Ah OK...well then those prices are pretty reasonable for both sections. If I had to choose, I'd pick E2, Row H - I believe M is the last row in D23, so you would be closer in E2, and there won't be much of a blind spot in the corner directly below that section, so you should still be able to see all of the action there. Good luck, and have fun!
Old 11-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
First of all, you're nuts if you pay that kind of cash for a game. I'd wait until Thursday or Friday to buy tickets (assuming you're using StubHub or Pens TicketExchange), because they will be MUCH cheaper by then - especially on StubHub. Second, it depends on where you are sitting in either section - the first few rows of E2 are good seats and would have a better view than D23, as you would be closer to the action. Hope you enjoy the game!
You got that last minute stubhub checking from me
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote