Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Colts game- after further review

having watched it again several things stand out.

bens injury- ben was pretty much sharp the whole game and the 9 drops and 3 int had nothing to do with his injury. he was playing pitch and catch with ward and spaeth in the middle of the field (quick release and pretty much putting the ball on point). had it not been for 2 fluke reggie wayne catches we are probably talking how ben went toe-to-toe with manning, completed about 72% of his passes, and was the man. his 2 real int's would be blamed on the wr.

moore's 2 runs on the goaline- he had 3-4 consecutive carries (all 4 yds +) that put us into position on the 1. he was the hot hand and it only made sense to keep feeding him. on the 3rd down, he shoulda cut it a bit outside behind mchugh and (kemo?) instead of taking it into the pile. willie wouldve easilly bounced this one. with the steelers defense, i would not have opposed going for it on 4th and 1. worst case is blitzing manning in the endzone and forcing them to drive 99 yds.

troy, james, and ike played almost flawless defense- 2 bad breaks for ike. troy was all over and killing people. he lost rhodes for a second on the wheel route, and it was amazing he almost recovered to bat down the ball.

t. carter may not be the best in run support but wr's definitely hear footsteps when he is playing deep, as they do with the rest of our secondary.

for being small, a. madison was looking pretty active the few times i noticed him. he doesnt seem timid about getting his nose in there on run support.

still, this doesnt change the facts. we cannot control what the ravens do, and with the way things are shaping up in the AFC we may not be able to afford 3 more losses in the 2nd half. the game in baltimore will be a "must win".
Old 11-12-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Colts game- after further review

Tyrone carter was certainly impressive. He took a lot of heat for the jaguars game, but he is a solid safety. That hit on gonzalez was amazing

Totally agree with you about ben. Like I've said before, the man completing over 70% of his passes means his injury isn't affecting him that much . Decision making has to improve, that's it, but holmes takes a lot of the blame

Something interesting caught my eye though, they ran a stat across the screen saying the steelers are 2nd in the NFL in red zone efficiency. Maybe I'm wrong, but if true that says something about this 26th ranked offense
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

I really dislike Holmes, he reminds me of how Buress was when he was with the Steelers. He never put in more than the minimum amount of effort to make the catch, and neither does Holmes. We need more tough receivers like my man Ward!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832

Nice finds, there wasnt really nothing negative about the game except those couple of crucial plays. Im over it though, and were sure the teams over it, play and win the next game and repeat the process

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Colts game- after further review...

They're a suck ass lucky team and we did everything we could to give them this game, and sure enough, we did, and they took it.

Moving on.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

we will destroy them if the come back to pittsburgh in january.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #7
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

Quite true. Lots of people I've heard were throwing Ben under the bus, and honestly, I've seen him play far, far worse. Santonio is disappointing me more than just about anyone else, completely aside from off-the-field exploits. The int Ben threw in his direction, had Santonio kept in motion, he'd have been hit in the numbers. I don't know the playbook, but whoever's fault that was, he & Ben weren't on the same page when picking up the blitz, which it looked like Santo did. No excuses from Ben, as usual.

Everything went wrong from the start, and the tipped passes....... just, wow. It felt futile at times, but the Steelers were still in it late. Not a division game, thankfully, because the Ravens are getting it together. That game in December is looking large.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #8
chucoblack&gold
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post

They're a suck ass lucky team and we did everything we could to give them this game, and sure enough, we did, and they took it.

Moving on.
I agree with Edman, the colts did not impress me. The media gave Manning too much credit, as they say .... " thats the way the ball bounces" ....

onward to this week against SD
Old 11-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post

Moving on.

but before you leave (or "move on" or whatever) the colts are a pretty good, and one hell of a coached team, whose back was against the ropes. this was almost a playoff game for them.... and we let em off the hook! they are who we thought they were (or atleast who many of us thought they were when the season began).

patriots, chargers, ravens, cowboys, titans = teams we cant afford to let off the hook.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #10
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
we will destroy them if the come back to pittsburgh in january.
Beating the colts in the AFC championship and the giants in the super bowl would be sweet.

Nothing better than revenge
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote