Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #61
Makaveli
Banned

Member Number: 5998
Default Re: Big Ben played well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Nope.

There are Steeler fans, and then there are people who think that the Steelers OWE THEM a WIN EVERY time the Steelers take the field, and that it is the FANS GOD GIVEN RIGHT to be an absolute ASS concerning the team if they don't.

There are those who criticize the team... and then those who love to hate on whoever the scapegoat of the day is.

Thank God Mahan is gone.

It would have been his fault the Steelers didnt' score a TD.

I know, I know,.......

"Verily you sayeth unto me that it be heaven's decree that my immortal soul know eternal damnation if i'am not to accept Ben Roethliberger as the one true Lord and Savior of the Pittsburgh Steelers. "

"For he is the unwavering conqueror of the New England Patriots"

"For his hands,...the hands which can turn water unto Pabst Blue Ribbon or Iron City Beer for wedding guests as they dine upon a cake made of the image of Dale Earnhardt,......have never thrown upwards of 21 interceptions in a single season !"

"For he knows not what it is like to perform more poorly than any Quarterback on a winning team in Superbowl history !"

"For he needeth not the playbooks, practice or offseason regiments of men"

"For he (Ben) is the Steelers and their Nation's sheperd,...and they shall not want !"

Your "good peoples" Padre,...but miss me with the whole "True Steeler Fan Police " bit. I have watched this organization be sullied by poor QB play since childhood.
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #62
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
I know, I know,.......

"Verily you sayeth unto me that it be heaven's decree that my immortal soul know eternal damnation if i'am not to accept Ben Roethliberger as the one true Lord and Savior of the Pittsburgh Steelers. "

"For he is the unwavering conqueror of the New England Patriots"

"For his hands,...the hands which can turn water unto Pabst Blue Ribbon or Iron City Beer for wedding guests as they dine upon a cake made of the image of Dale Earnhardt,......have never thrown upwards of 21 interceptions in a single season !"

"For he knows not what it is like to perform more poorly than any Quarterback on a winning team in Superbowl history !"

"For he needeth not the playbooks, practice or offseason regiments of men"

"For he (Ben) is the Steelers and their Nation's sheperd,...and they shall not want !"

Your "good peoples" Padre,...but miss me with the whole "True Steeler Fan Police " bit. I have watched this organization be sullied by poor QB play since childhood.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #63
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,296 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
. I think we can all agree that 11 points isn't going to get the job done in the playoffs, but that clearly was a better looking offense out there last night than the past 3 weeks.
Very True.

If the Offense "finishes" those drives in the red zone its at least a 20-10 win and more reflective of the ability to move the ball. Here's hoping they finish more drives successfully
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #64
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Angry Re: Big Ben played well!

I have read enough!!!!! There is no pleasing Steelers fans. First Arians needs to be fired for an offense that takes too long to develop. Throw more screens you say, check down so Ben is taking fewer sacks you say. Well that is what they did and now we need to open up with the long ball. Ben is chastised for stupid throws which result in interceptions, yet now hes critiqued for missing opportunities we see from a different vantage point. Guys he only missed on what 10-11 passes. Do we really expect perfection. Parker 100yds plus on the ground. If you were told the stats of this game before kickoff and had to predict a score you would have said we win going away. Lets face it we played well on offense, its just did not show up on the scoreboard. Penalities, missed blocks, whatever the reason it was a game where we did not capitalize. And for the poster who has been cursed to see mediocre QB play for the Steelers, if you think that there are plenty of available QB's out there that will beat what we got, then you must be an out-of-work NFL scout.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #65
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

All in all Ben played a smart and conservative game but FG's aren't going to do jack in the playoffs. For the numbers that Ben put up, over 300+ yds, to not have 1 TD is pathetic. I don't care if Ben throw's for 10 yds and zero TD's but the offense has to find a way to get TD's when they are in the Red Zone. Not only in the Red Zone but when you are at the 1 yd line and you can't get in, as a Steeler fan, there's a problem.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:21 PM   #66
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by eafratitpm3 View Post
All in all Ben played a smart and conservative game but FG's aren't going to do jack in the playoffs. For the numbers that Ben put up, over 300+ yds, to not have 1 TD is pathetic. I don't care if Ben throw's for 10 yds and zero TD's but the offense has to find a way to get TD's when they are in the Red Zone. Not only in the Red Zone but when you are at the 1 yd line and you can't get in, as a Steeler fan, there's a problem.
well put.. x2 what he said. We won.. Thank God.. But I can't feel great about the win.. Especially against a 4-6 team.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #67
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I'm just enjoying another win, being 7-3, and watching the dejected Bengals fans all around me be overjoyed that "they didn't lose" ().
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #68
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by eafratitpm3 View Post
I see your point and I also know we have to put up points to help the defense. But my thing is this, our offense controlled the time clock and we moved the ball well, this gave our defense more rest than they have had in previous games. I saw vast improvement in our O as compared to previous games. Yes the bottom line is scoring, but this is still the NFL, where yards are hard to come by, especially as the field shortens, and as I stated before some games you move the ball at will but for some reason you cannot score TD's. I hope to see more of the same in the coming weeks as i believe we will finish more of these drives. And I am not lumping you with this remark, but some fans of this great team expect nothing short of perfection, and we all know there is only ONE who is perfect.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #69
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

ben played well but he definately has to thank harrison and troy for their outstanding play that kept them in that game.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #70
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I have read enough!!!!! There is no pleasing Steelers fans. First Arians needs to be fired for an offense that takes too long to develop. Throw more screens you say, check down so Ben is taking fewer sacks you say. Well that is what they did and now we need to open up with the long ball. Ben is chastised for stupid throws which result in interceptions, yet now hes critiqued for missing opportunities we see from a different vantage point. Guys he only missed on what 10-11 passes. Do we really expect perfection. Parker 100yds plus on the ground. If you were told the stats of this game before kickoff and had to predict a score you would have said we win going away. Lets face it we played well on offense, its just did not show up on the scoreboard. Penalities, missed blocks, whatever the reason it was a game where we did not capitalize. And for the poster who has been cursed to see mediocre QB play for the Steelers, if you think that there are plenty of available QB's out there that will beat what we got, then you must be an out-of-work NFL scout.
Ok 11 points and a victory. The offense did what they couldn't do last week and that is move the ball. Ya injuries and Penalties stopped drives, but that's something that can and will be fixed by playoff time.The offense shortened the field and threw checkdowns all night and of course Ben had a big game as well as Ward and Parker and the refs practically erased 14 Steeler points from the board.
Sure 11 points wont get it done in the playoffs but the Steelers took one step forward to perfection.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote