Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-18-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
nojobny
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 5924
Default Some things never change - Like Joey Porter opening his big mouth

Dolphins' Porter says Miami, New England don't like each other
ESPN.com news services

Joey Porter is getting into trash-talk mode, and for the first time in a while, the game actually matters.

On the eve of the Miami Dolphins game against the New England Patriots, the linebacker said that there's no love lost between the teams.

"We don't like them," Porter said, according to The Associated Press. "They don't like us."

Porter leads the league in sacks for a Miami team that has won four games in a row. The Dolphins and Patriots are both 6-4, one game behind the first-place New York Jets in the AFC East.

Porter said that the Patriots have been disrespectful to the Dolphins the last two times the teams have met.

In Miami's September upset at New England, Porters said that the Dolphins' pregame stretching was interrupted by the Patriots walking through that part of the field.

"They let us know how they feel about us," Porter said, according to AP. "Then they start punting over our heads -- like, you want the whole 100-yard field? You don't do that."

Porter also said that the Patriots ran Laurence Maroney four straight times in the final two minutes of a December matchup with New England up 28-7. He thought quarterback Tom Brady would take a knee.

"I don't forget things like that," Porter said, according to AP. "I hope our whole defense and our whole team doesn't forget things like that."

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano downplayed the hype but said that the team knows that winning the division crown goes through New England.

"My message to the players is that if you walk through the door on Wednesday and your heart's not racing a million miles an hour, then you don't have a pulse," Sparano said, according to AP. "This is why we do what we do. We put ourselves in position to have a big game at home at the end of November. That's where we are. That being said, I don't think too much has to be said this week."

link
Old 11-18-2008, 01:27 AM   #2
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606
Default Re: Some things never change - Like Joey Porter opening his big mouth

I miss him. Imagine the carnage that Porter and Harrison would cause
Old 11-18-2008, 05:39 AM   #3
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
In Miami's September upset at New England, Porters said that the Dolphins' pregame stretching was interrupted by the Patriots walking through that part of the field.
Sounds like a blood fued.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #4
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Stupid New England Pathetics. Now they're not only cheaters but also disrespectful dumb*ss idiots? Didn't they even learn a thing or two from the last season? I really hope Fins kick their silly *ss*s up & down the field. What kind of F*cking retards disrespect their opponents?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #5
Hapa
Banned

Member Number: 8230

Some things never change- Like me loving Joey
Hapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #6
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8498

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
I miss him. Imagine the carnage that Porter and Harrison would cause
I'm having trouble imagining it could be ANY more than the Harrison/Woodley combo we have right now!

I miss him for him winding everyone up... but I like what we have for linebackers!

100% Certified Grade-A SteelerChick
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 2,992 Times in 1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojobny View Post
Dolphins' Porter says Miami, New England don't like each other
ESPN.com news services

Joey Porter is getting into trash-talk mode, and for the first time in a while, the game actually matters.

On the eve of the Miami Dolphins game against the New England Patriots, the linebacker said that there's no love lost between the teams.

"We don't like them," Porter said, according to The Associated Press. "They don't like us."

Porter leads the league in sacks for a Miami team that has won four games in a row. The Dolphins and Patriots are both 6-4, one game behind the first-place New York Jets in the AFC East.

Porter said that the Patriots have been disrespectful to the Dolphins the last two times the teams have met.

"They let us know how they feel about us," Porter said, according to AP. "Then they start punting over our heads -- like, you want the whole 100-yard field? You don't do that."

Porter also said that the Patriots ran Laurence Maroney four straight times in the final two minutes of a December matchup with New England up 28-7. He thought quarterback Tom Brady would take a knee.

"I don't forget things like that," Porter said, according to AP. "I hope our whole defense and our whole team doesn't forget things like that."

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano downplayed the hype but said that the team knows that winning the division crown goes through New England.

"My message to the players is that if you walk through the door on Wednesday and your heart's not racing a million miles an hour, then you don't have a pulse," Sparano said, according to AP. "This is why we do what we do. We put ourselves in position to have a big game at home at the end of November. That's where we are. That being said, I don't think too much has to be said this week."

link
Warren Sapp liked to do that to us too. He regretted it each time.

I love Joey Porter and I hope they all back him up on Sunday.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
Warren Sapp liked to do that to us too. He regretted it each time.

I love Joey Porter and I hope they all back him up on Sunday.
Yeah isn't that suppose to be a penalty now? Refs must have been looking the other way for that one too.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #9
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 2,992 Times in 1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Yeah isn't that suppose to be a penalty now? Refs must have been looking the other way for that one too.
I guess crossing the "demilitarized zone" in the middle of the field is, but who's to stop them when they first come out?
Old 11-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #10
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateMel View Post
I'm having trouble imagining it could be ANY more than the Harrison/Woodley combo we have right now!

I miss him for him winding everyone up... but I like what we have for linebackers!
Are you kidding me? Porter is leading the league in sacs and is on track to break Strahans record for most sacs in a season. Can you imagine the terror having the #1 and #2 linebackers in the league competing against one another to destroy the quarterback?