Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192
Default It was the Bengals

It's funny how I see on this forum about all the Ben haters are quieted and all the love for Bruce Arians. It was the Bengals that we played last night. I'll be curious to see in the next four weeks what the Thread Topics will be. Make no mistake about it, our Steelers are a pretty solid team but they need to play much better than they have been in the coming weeks and months if they want to go all the way. Some areas that need improvement IMO:

1) Penalties
2) Punter
3) Ben is still trying to force the ball, there were a couple of instances in last nights game that Cinci could of had some easy picks.
4) Run game, all I heard last night from the announcers is how this offensive line is built to run block, apparently they must not have seen the two previous games before the Bengals game when we couldn't get a yard at the goal line.
5) The D is playing really well but they have missed a lot of INTs
6) Playing down to your opponent, this shouldn't be a problem in the coming weeks since 4 of our last 5 games are between teams with 6-4 or 10-0 records.

If they can eliminate just a few of the things above no team in the league could beat us. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: It was the Bengals

Ben played a great game going 17-30 with a TD pass as well as a TD run. MeMo came in and ran the ball well in the 4th period and the offense made mistake free football.

I don't care about the score the only thing that matters to me is the Steelers won, there 4-0 in the division as well as 8-3 overall.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

I agree it is just an observation.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by eafratitpm3 View Post
It's funny how I see on this forum about all the Ben haters are quieted and all the love for Bruce Arians. It was the Bengals that we played last night. I'll be curious to see in the next four weeks what the Thread Topics will be. Make no mistake about it, our Steelers are a pretty solid team but they need to play much better than they have been in the coming weeks and months if they want to go all the way. Some areas that need improvement IMO:

1) Penalties
2) Punter
3) Ben is still trying to force the ball, there were a couple of instances in last nights game that Cinci could of had some easy picks.
4) Run game, all I heard last night from the announcers is how this offensive line is built to run block, apparently they must not have seen the two previous games before the Bengals game when we couldn't get a yard at the goal line.
5) The D is playing really well but they have missed a lot of INTs
6) Playing down to your opponent, this shouldn't be a problem in the coming weeks since 4 of our last 5 games are between teams with 6-4 or 10-0 records.

If they can eliminate just a few of the things above no team in the league could beat us. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know, I came into this thread thinking, Oh great... not ANOTHER one.

BUt thanks for actually being balanced here. You are correct. We need to work on our discipline... and find SOME WAY to fix our punting. I think our O line is starting to solidify, though we still have some problems with it. Russel is a help, he got a first down on ALL HIS EFFORT early in the game.

Our D will ALWAYS drop INTs. For some reason, we have always had stone hands.

I don't know about playing to your opponent much anymore. Most teams are no loner shocked by us, and come give us their "A" game. Don't forget, these Bungles are probably an average of 7 points a game away from having a winning record. That means there is a lack of heart, not ability, and it is not that hard to find heart in a game against the Steelers.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
T&B fan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9959

nothing will help your illwills other then playing a team from the Ohio .
as for the INTs the reson they are on the D is bad hands , if they could hold on to the ball they would be wide outs . all in all it was a good game we win .
Old 11-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,806 Times in 905 Posts

I fully realize all the shortcomings of the Steelers last night and fully know that it was "just the Bengals", but appreciate the good things the Steelers did and think it was a good game to go into a long week.

We can all talk down the Bengals, but I remember watching a TV interview with Warren Sapp this season say "everybody thinks that you should beat weaker teams and that there are easy games to win. The truth is this is the NFL and there are no easy games!! Nobody is scheduling Austin Peay for homecoming ......you know what I'm sayin'"

Tell the Eagles and Jaguars that "it was the Bengals"
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:07 AM   #7
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

it may just be the bengals but they are a division rival and if you look back at all there games they have been playing teams tough. A team that beat us they tied and almost beat with a back up qb..

I remember last year before games like cards, jets, and denver, teams that totally sucked last year.. its only the cards, its only the jets, its only denver and we lost..

You play who they put in front of you and if you put up a win in the column no matter what it is a positive for the season to get us closer to the playoffs.

We are 7-1 in the afc and 4-0 in the division which looks great for any tie breaker scenario in case we blunder a little.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:07 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,164 Times in 1,344 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

It might just be the Bengals but it is a game and I will take the win hopefully our offense is pulling together here at the end of the stretch and we can play some good football.