Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-21-2008, 12:31 AM   #21
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Re: Thanks and Goodbye

parker had zero blocking.

it's starts with the O-line, people. no hole means no yards.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,022 Times in 3,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersMongol View Post
WTF?

if ladainian tomlinson played for this team people would be calling for his head.

i think the most realistic steelerfans feel blessed to have moore and russell and eagerly await the return of a healthy return of parker and mendenhall.

the future is so bright....
Old 11-21-2008, 02:23 AM   #23
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
parker had zero blocking.

it's starts with the O-line, people. no hole means no yards.
no doubt about it, what an idiot. hope willies ok
Sharkissle29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:49 AM   #24
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Member Number: 10612

He had 13 carries for 22 yards in the first half and he was just fine injury wise. He's horrible. He's a breakout runningback who only breaks out once a game for 10-20 yards if we're lucky. Usually managing 2 yards or less on the majority of his carries and sticking the team into a 3rd and long where the o-line gives the Berger a good .005 seconds to throw before the blitz ravages the o-line and the Bergers head. Anyone who still isn't on cloud nine from Willie's Superbowl run knows this guy doesn't fit into this teams run style, which is smash mouth up the gut, in your face. Not 30 carries so 1 of them can get broken for 30 yards while the other 29 carries go for 2 yards. Why do you think we don't run the ball anymore and our quarterback has to throw 40 times a game and suffer the consequences of a miserable offensive line who has to deal with defenses that no longer respect the Steelers run game.

Being injured all year is not an excuse, it's a problem. I can name 5 running backs better than Willie Parker who got cut cause they just couldn't stay healthy. This is Football, not baseball, we don't have time for people to "rest" or be hurt for 2-3 months.
NYC SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:09 AM   #25
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

It's exactly because he is Willie Parker that the Steelers will take their time. And that's 'Fast' Willie Parker to you!

I'm guessing you've just been awoken by some magical spell, and missed the last few seasons!
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:21 AM   #26
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Member Number: 10612

2005- 4.7
2006- 4.4
2007- 4.1

I won't even mention this year but there is an obvious trend. And as I said before, these numbers are inflated by that 1 or 2 carries Willie would break for 20-30 yards. But All his other carries for the game are 1-2 yards. Well I rather have a RB that averages 3.5 yards per carry but literally gets 3-4 yards every carry putting our offense in much needed 3rd and short situations as well as giving us a goal line weapon. The Steelers rush scheme has been the second best in football behind the Broncos over the last 10 years. Our rushing offense is not a product of Mr. Parker, Mr. Parker is a product of our rushing offense but unfortunetly that product has expired.
NYC SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:30 AM   #27
bradness113
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1962

ill tell u whats obvious...

YOU'RE A profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterKING RETARD.
Now go away.
For the last time.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:38 AM   #28
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

P.S Injuries and bizarre play selection have kept Willie down, Yankee fans are all the same>
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:46 AM   #29
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC SteelersFan View Post
HAnyone who still isn't on cloud nine from Willie's Superbowl run knows this guy doesn't fit into this teams run style, which is smash mouth up the gut, in your face. Not 30 carries so 1 of them can get broken for 30 yards while the other 29 carries go for 2 yards. Why do you think we don't run the ball anymore and our quarterback has to throw 40 times a game .
1. Anyone who has actually watch the Steelers over the last 4 years have seen an evolution into a balanced, 1 back system. Your days of I formation 3 yards and a cloud of mediocrity is over. A more wide open offense is what the Steelers play now, like it or not. And that wasn't because of Willie. That was because of Ben, Ward, Santo (Randle El before him), Heath, etc.

2. We don't run the ball anymore BECAUSE OUR O LINE CANT BLOCK. And by the way, we DO run the ball, quite a bit. Or has Willie going over 1000 yards the last couple years been overlooked?

3. Our QB throws 40 times a game BECAUSE THAT IS HOW WE GAME PLAN NOW. That is what happens when you have a FRANCHISE QB.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:35 AM   #30
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Or has Willie going over 1000 yards the last couple years been overlooked?

I'm guessing, but don't quote me on this , that may have been overlooked.

NYC would'ave probably been calling for The Bus to have been cut in '04!
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote