Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-20-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,015 Posts
Default Thoughts on bungles game (and Polamalu)

1) SWEEEEEED!!!!!! (not built to be a special teamer, but i kinda appreciate the effort)
2) james harrison is absolutely dominant. i think he was kinda sheilded from putting too much on film for the patriots to study. it seems that lebeau kinda spoonfeeds his players sack opportunities when he see's fit. if it was "fit" james probably coulda had 4-5. the steelers are never about padding individual players stats.
3) that being said about james, is there any more of a dominant defensive player in the league than troy? i know many will say bob sanders, or albert haynesworth or even joey or james. but NOBODY plays defense with more wreckless abandon than troy.
half the time i think hes gonna kill himself. the other half i fear for the opponents player. i need to appreciate him more and recognize i may be watching the best strong safety ever.

4) farrior had an interception.
5) holmes was knocked the f--- out! if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow.
6) ben was throwing lazers with zip. he was throwing a hard ball. holmes showed hands of glue.
7) ward left his feet and dropped an easy one. he mightve been looking for style points on that one, but i do buy a snowflake possibly falling in his eye. he usually doesnt drop those.
8) gary russell- WOW! nice on returns! showing much power and drive. im sure glad we didnt lose him and he makes cutting dookie look insignificant.
9) keyron fox and anthony madison- these are 2 hella special teamers. (along with everyone else). we absolutely HAMMER people when we kick off or punt. this (along with getting to the qb) is the most improved aspect of our team.
10) casey hampton- has he gotten bigger? holy shit, he is HUGE and quite effective.
11) aaron smith- what does it take to get him a trip to hawaii?
12) ike taylor- what does it take to get him a trip to hawaii?
13) big ben- the ultimate teammate. i love seeing him congratulate the defense after a great series, and lend support to rookie sweed after a sub-par play. especially love seeing him their by keisels side (his best friend on the team) when being examined on the sidelines.
14) only 9 points allowed in the 3rd quarter ALL season. what a discusting stat!
15) 2 huge runs/scrambles by ben. dare i say he looks "healthy"? if ben doesnt throw 3+ int's or take 6+ sacks we will win every game with this current squad.
16) we have alot of players who need a pay raise. heath miller and james harrison are 2 of the biggest (not to mention kemoeatu and mcfadden). this will be an extremely expensive group to keep together.

lets enjoy it while it lasts and hope they maximixe on all this talent.

17) this game and this short break came at the absolute most perfect time. heal up and prepare to DESTROY the patriots. i want the patriots to miss the playoffs by 1 loss and i want this game to be the 1 loss that counts.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #2
BozMan
Starter

Member Number: 3027
Default Re: Thoughts on bungles game (and Polamalu)

Re: #9 - LaMarr Woodley is also a beast on special teams. I remember one time when the Bengals were punting, Woodley almost pushed the Bengal blocker right into the punter!

Re: #11 - Aaron Smith is the unsung hero of this D.

Quote:
i want the patriots to miss the playoffs by 1 loss and i want this game to be the 1 loss that counts
I like the sound of that.
BozMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
... 5) holmes was knocked the f--- out! if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow...

10) casey hampton- has he gotten bigger? holy shit, he is HUGE and quite effective...

12) ike taylor- what does it take to get him a trip to hawaii?...

17) this game and this short break came at the absolute most perfect time. heal up and prepare to DESTROY the patriots. i want the patriots to miss the playoffs by 1 loss and i want this game to be the 1 loss that counts.
5) I agree. But we all know they're not gonna "mess with" the Bunghole players. They're nasty. Just check the police records.

10) Oh man, he did look HUGE.

12) Very good question. Maybe V all need 2 vote 4 the guy like billion times on NFL.COM.

17) I would take any victory over the Cheating f*gg*ts. Cuz they deserve any shameful lose comes over their way.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Great post.

Quote:

AMEN!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #5
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

Quote:
5) holmes was knocked the f--- out! if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow.
This was a legal hit. Body hit first, helmet was just a follow through. It was a helluva good hit, just like we play. We should be congratulating him on a great physical play.

So many guys are complaining, you sound like Bungles fans!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:02 AM   #6
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

It's the small contributors there that most impress me

Fox, Madison, Russell. this guys take their roles and execute perfectly

And yes, Ike deserves a pro bowl. Other than asomugha I can't think of a better corner. MAYBE bailey
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:06 AM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
This was a legal hit. Body hit first, helmet was just a follow through. It was a helluva good hit, just like we play. We should be congratulating him on a great physical play.

sorry to rip on you, newb....

but i already applauded the hit. just stating a fact that a steeler player could be expecting a fine for the same thing (right or wrong).

you can go bark up another tree or chose to not try and mark your spot on this one.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:14 AM   #8
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

Quote:
sorry to rip on you, newb....

but i already applauded the hit. just stating a fact that a steeler player could be expecting a fine for the same thing (right or wrong).

you can go bark up another tree or chose to not try and mark your spot on this one.

Are you this much of an asshole to everyone, or is it my lucky day?

Anyway, by the way you worded your post it sounded as if you were complaining that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which it wasn't. Sorry if I misunderstood, but just because you have a higher post count than me doesn't give you the right to be a douche bag
Old 11-21-2008, 12:18 AM   #9
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

I agree with your entire list. Great thoughts on Troy - I loved his cattle rustling take downs tonight. Unusually rad.
We should definately feel lucky to have this group.
lol @ newb
Old 11-21-2008, 12:18 AM   #10
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post

Are you this much of an asshole to everyone, or is it my lucky day?

Anyway, by the way you worded your post it sounded as if you were complaining that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which it wasn't. Sorry if I misunderstood, but just because you have a higher post count than me doesn't give you the right to be a douche bag
No, he's not. (that's all I'll say though. )

Quote:
That's considered a high-class insult around these parts. Kinda asked for it.

But anyway, moving right along.