Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #11
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606
Default Re: Thoughts on bungles game (and Polamalu)

It isn't an insult if it is true.

Considering Pdiddy whatever his name is was complaining about Ward's hit on Rivers in a previous thread, and Steelers fans are complaining about a very similar hit to Holmes...I would say it is very accurate.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:37 AM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post

Are you this much of an asshole to everyone, or is it my lucky day?

Anyway, by the way you worded your post it sounded as if you were complaining that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which it wasn't. Sorry if I misunderstood, but just because you have a higher post count than me doesn't give you the right to be a douche bag

ok sappling..... it seems you wanna piss on redwood.

"lucky day" i guess

what part about this "post" do you not understand, because i'd be more than happy to clarify....

Quote:
5) holmes was knocked the f--- out! if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow.
did you not hear the audio???

cause thats one of the loudest helmet-to-helmet "clacks" i can recall hearing in a LONG time.

im pretty much against the pussified league the NFL has been pushing/promoting (as i am sure most steelerfans are).
Old 11-21-2008, 12:53 AM   #13
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

ok sappling..... it seems you wanna piss on redwood.

"lucky day" i guess

what part about this "post" do you not understand, because i'd be more than happy to clarify....

did you not hear the audio???

cause thats one of the loudest helmet-to-helmet "clacks" i can recall hearing in a LONG time.

im pretty much against the pussified league the NFL has been pushing/promoting (as i am sure most steelerfans are).
I will have to see the video again, but you have clacks on all good hits. Hell, shoulder pads sound like a thunder clap on a good hit. I am not saying their helmets didn't hit, I am saying it is a legal hit because his shoulder/body hit first...just like Ward.

I apologize for pissing on your e-Ego, but I don't really give a shit how many posts I have or how much of a "newb" I am. I have life outside of internet forums and couldn't really give two shits about how e-Popular or e-Cool I am

Off the record, I love pissing on redwoods...
Old 11-21-2008, 01:20 AM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

Quote:
I will have to see the video again, but you have clacks on all good hits. Hell, shoulder pads sound like a thunder clap on a good hit. I am not saying their helmets didn't hit, I am saying it is a legal hit because his shoulder/body hit first...just like Ward.

:

Quote:
Anyway, by the way you worded your post it sounded as if you were complaining that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which it wasn't.
so what exactly what are you trying to say mr. "not trying to be cool guy"?

you obviously need a "booth" for further review.

nobody is saying it was cheap or illegal. quit grasping at straws or trying to read more into it.

...& always important to remember, redwoods live longer than "dogs".
Old 11-21-2008, 02:06 AM   #15
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

For the record, it was not a helmet to helmet hit.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:26 AM   #16
brick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10691

troy brings a dynamic to the defense that you don't see too often. he's insanely athletic and he reads the game as well as anyone out there. if the ball gets to the secondary, if he doesn't make the tackle he's usually the second to the ball, and he seems to be all over the place causing other teams problems. just an awesome player, and he put in another great game tonight.

anyone catch that nfl.com report about his new unorthodox training regime that he did preseason in cali? pretty cool stuff.
brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:30 AM   #17
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

so what exactly what are you trying to say mr. "not trying to be cool guy"?

you obviously need a "booth" for further review.

nobody is saying it was cheap or illegal. quit grasping at straws or trying to read more into it.

...& always important to remember, redwoods live longer than "dogs".
Me grasping at straws? Right...

A "Helmet to Helmet" hit is when a player leads with his head, not when a tackle is made and the helmets happen to bang together.

You implied it was cheap/illegal when you said "if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow. " Which specifically states that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which is illegal.

Redwoods may live longer than dogs, but they are cut down to make decks and pick-nick tables that dogs piss on

Like I said I don't know if you: have a personal vendetta against me for God knows why, you are "trolling" me and just trying to get a rise out of me, or if you are an asshole to everyone, but it is extremely childish.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:38 AM   #18
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
anyone catch that nfl.com report about his new unorthodox training regime that he did preseason in cali? pretty cool stuff.
Not new for Troy. He did train differently for a year or so and ended up hurt all season.............so he went back to his old regime. Which is the one he does in California.

And did you see the way Ben was right there when Tone got hit? The man plays through extreme pain, but yet is right there when one of his buddies goes down. You're a good man, Big Ben.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:16 AM   #19
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 3188

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Not new for Troy. He did train differently for a year or so and ended up hurt all season.............so he went back to his old regime. Which is the one he does in California.

And did you see the way Ben was right there when Tone got hit? The man plays through extreme pain, but yet is right there when one of his buddies goes down. You're a good man, Big Ben.
I saw that and I also saw him over there talking to Keisel when he was being attended to on the sideline.
Ben's definitely a great teamate and leader.

Blah!
touchdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #20
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
A "Helmet to Helmet" hit is when a player leads with his head, not when a tackle is made and the helmets happen to bang together.

You implied it was cheap/illegal when you said "if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow. " Which specifically states that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which is illegal.
Let's just put it this way: if Crocker doesn't get fined for that hit, then it will convince me that the league has it in for the Steelers. Because I guarantee you if a Steeler makes the same hit, Good Deal would fine him so fast that his secretary would strain her fingers from typing the letter.

EDIT: And as for Troy...he's not having a bad season for someone that so many people thought was "done" and that "his best years were behind him." Yeah, I think he's put those two thoughts to rest once and for all.

Last edited by X-Terminator; 11-21-2008 at 08:04 AM.
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote