Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #21
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,622 Times in 812 Posts
Default Re: Thoughts on bungles game (and Polamalu)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post

A "Helmet to Helmet" hit is when a player leads with his head, not when a tackle is made and the helmets happen to bang together.

You implied it was cheap/illegal when you said "if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow. " Which specifically states that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which is illegal.

Crocker lead with the shoulder and hit helmet to helmet in the follow thru. I instantly thought that if that was Ryan Clark on Housyourmama that there would be a fine.

It was a clean, hard hit and part of the game of football, but if you look back to when Clark got fined $7500 for hitting the Jags Matt Jones, it wasnt as bad. Crocker shouldnt get fined, but if the NFL wants to be consistent, he will at least get what Clark got.

BTW, Hipcrest isnt normally an A-hole to posters. I think you are getting a bit wound up and he is just enjoying the verbal sparring.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #22
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownward View Post
I saw that and I also saw him over there talking to Keisel when he was being attended to on the sideline.
Ben's definitely a great teamate and leader.
Yeah, Ben is a great leader, but I bet he felt bad for hanging Santonio out to dry like that. I too saw the Keisel thing and that is expected as Keisel is his best friend on the team and was/is his roomate on the road.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #23
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
You implied it was cheap/illegal when you said "if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow. " Which specifically states that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which is illegal.
Actually, I think it was being implied that if it was a Steelers player laying a hit like that, he would probably be fined by Goodell despite the hit being clean, since our players ARE being unfairly targeted, IMO, by the commissioner when it comes to fines this year. I don't think it was implied that the hit itself was dirty, just that the commissioner is a douche and is completely arbitrary and unfair when it comes to fining players.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #24
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

First off Farrior did not get credit for the INT. He dropped it afterwords and they ruled it an incomplete pass.

That was Steeler football last night and everyone is stepping in to make plays and help the team out when their down.

Troy is Troy. Not surprised by his play last night he came in and made the first stuff on the first play and tried returning his INT for a TD at the end of the game and was pretty close to breaking after picking it off at the one.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #25
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
17) this game and this short break came at the absolute most perfect time. heal up and prepare to DESTROY the patriots. i want the patriots to miss the playoffs by 1 loss and i want this game to be the 1 loss that counts.
Screw that. I want them to go 6-10, and Randy Moss to cry his way out of the league.
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #26
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
First off Farrior did not get credit for the INT. He dropped it afterwords and they ruled it an incomplete pass.

That was Steeler football last night and everyone is stepping in to make plays and help the team out when their down.

Troy is Troy. Not surprised by his play last night he came in and made the first stuff on the first play and tried returning his INT for a TD at the end of the game and was pretty close to breaking after picking it off at the one.
Farrior never had control of that and it wasnt an INT. It was Steeler football and there are no easy teams in the NFL, but ...........it was the one win Bengals.

Potsie and Troy both had big games and Aaron Smith was unsung as usual. The fact that the O line couldnt really grind down the Bengals D line is still a cause for concern. Peko pancaked Stapleton 3 minutes into the 2nd half.........it was embarrasing to watch!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #27
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,134 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Actually, I think it was being implied that if it was a Steelers player laying a hit like that, he would probably be fined by Goodell despite the hit being clean, since our players ARE being unfairly targeted, IMO, by the commissioner when it comes to fines this year. I don't think it was implied that the hit itself was dirty, just that the commissioner is a douche and is completely arbitrary and unfair when it comes to fining players.
exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Crocker lead with the shoulder and hit helmet to helmet in the follow thru. I instantly thought that if that was Ryan Clark on Housyourmama that there would be a fine.

It was a clean, hard hit and part of the game of football, but if you look back to when Clark got fined $7500 for hitting the Jags Matt Jones, it wasnt as bad. Crocker shouldnt get fined, but if the NFL wants to be consistent, he will at least get what Clark got.

BTW, Hipcrest isnt normally an A-hole to posters. I think you are getting a bit wound up and he is just enjoying the verbal sparring.
exactly. glad some people get it. the clark hit on jones was the one i was thinking of.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold, the idea that im trolling you in the congratulatory thread i started celebrating a steelers win, is completely absurd, ESPECIALLY when newb comes in comparing me to a bungles fan.

damn skippy im gonna be an asshole.

i forgot to emphasize one...

17) the stat they threw up that the steelers have only allowed 9 points in the third quarter (fewest of any team in any quarter) is amazing. like they said, a true testament to d. lebeaus coaching and ability to make adjustments. im sure tomlin has a little something to do with it too.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #28
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

You called it a "helmet to helmet" hit, which is illegal...so you implied that the hit was dirty. That is what made it appear that you were upset by the hit.

I have been saying for some time now that the Steelers are targeted, there is no doubt about that. That was never up for debate.

Just admit you worded your post incorrectly and it lead me to believe the wrong thing, I've already admitted that I misinterpreted your post. So quit giving me the business and lets put this behind us

Oh, and quit calling me a "newb"...This isn't Halo and I'm not thirteen.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #29
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Beating the Pats without Brady is not as special.....
Old 11-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #30
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Beating the Pats without Brady is not as special.....
They didn't care about beating us last year with half our starting secondary out. I have no sympathy.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote