Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #11
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: it has only began....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcitygal87 View Post
NONE of those teams are superior? I take that to mean you are not that impressed with the Titans? I am. They have a terrific D. Kerry Collins is doing everything they ask of him, and they have a good running game with Johnson and White. Even if we manage to shut down the running game( like we did against the Giants), Collins has proved he can beat ya through the air. Look at the problems we had running the ball against the Bengals, and their defense isn't exactly near the top, how do you think we are going to fair going up against the Titans D????

I don't think the Patriots are a superior team this year, but the Steelers always seem to have trouble against them, esp. in Foxboro.

GO STEELERS!!!

Dawn
I'm not saying I'm not impressed with what the Titans are doing but I think the chink in their armor is apparent. While they're defense is playing well, they still have some coverage issues and if a team can control the clock against them. Offensively they're playing close to the vest and they're not as good as the media gives them credit. They aren't scoring a lot of points and to be honest I think a press defense can bring some damage to Collins.

As for the patriots*, yes they are definitely sub-par this year and they normally give us a fit. But I think this is the year that it turns around. Dallas is a freakin' soap opera and don't pose a threat to our defense. It's the ratbirds that bother me because they are within our division and those games are always nail bitters!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:44 AM   #12
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishSteel View Post
I've been impressed with the Titans, they play the game like we do - solid but not spectacular O, smothering D. Plus even when they're playing badly, they seem to find ways to win. That's the toughest game of the 4. The other three are very winnable I think. - Pats in Foxboro can't be taken lightly, but when Cassel's had the kitchen sink thrown at him, he's looked shaky and he hasn't faced a D of our standard yet. The Fravens are starting to falter (plus we win that game it's all but our division then) and The Cowboys in the cold at our place, I think we'll beat them. I'd take 2-2 but I think 3-1 is a very real possibility if we start to move the sticks and cut down on the dumb penalties.

I agree, the penalties have been KILLING us. How frustrating is it to have a big play nullified or a good drive stalled and yardage lost because of a penalty??! it's happening far to often. Some of these defenses we will be facing in the coming weeks it will be hard enough moving the sticks on them, let alone helping them out with the aid of penalties...can't have that or we won't win.

The ratbirds did look pretty bad against the Giants, their defense got run over by Jacobs. I give a lot of credit to Flacco though, he has show a lot of poise under pressure. He doesn't seem to get rattled too easily and panic...he always seems calm which is impressive for a rookie. Their D is usually always tough too. We beat them once...just barely, and they will be fighting for the division to, plus it is in their house.

Like you, I will take 2-2....those games being....Cleveland, and Cowboys...ones I see them having the best chance of winning.

GO STEELERS!!!

Dawn
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:52 AM   #13
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I'm not saying I'm not impressed with what the Titans are doing but I think the chink in their armor is apparent. While they're defense is playing well, they still have some coverage issues and if a team can control the clock against them. Offensively they're playing close to the vest and they're not as good as the media gives them credit. They aren't scoring a lot of points and to be honest I think a press defense can bring some damage to Collins.

As for the patriots*, yes they are definitely sub-par this year and they normally give us a fit. But I think this is the year that it turns around. Dallas is a freakin' soap opera and don't pose a threat to our defense. It's the ratbirds that bother me because they are within our division and those games are always nail bitters!!!

That will be the key against the Titans...controlling the clock. Which, if our O line isn't playing well and we don't have much of a running game( like we didn't against the Bengals..to their credit they were pretty good on defense), we will be in for a LONG day. Our defense is GREAT, but they can't be out on the field for 60 minutes. Hopefully we can stop their running game and put all the pressure on Collins. But that is a ways down the road lol. One game at a time. Next up is NE. At least we do have 9 days to rest up before we play them. I am concerned about Willie. I noticed on that one play...the run he had for 15 yards I believe it was...he seemed to pull up toward the end..when he was going out of bounds and I remember thinking...CRAP I hope he didn't pull a hamstring or worse. Any news about him? I don't think he played the rest of the game after that.

GO STEELERS!!!!!
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #14
GridironWarrior
Starter

Member Number: 9565

I could see any of those 4 being losses. And it's cause of the OLine. I don't trust those 5 at all up front. Haynesworth and Vanden Bosh must be excited thinking about play that line.
GridironWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #15
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

One at a Time people.

Now that we are 8-3, I can look to see who we play next week, and who it is that I shall hate this week. (Because I hate whoever we are playing each week)

Well, well, well, I get to hate the Patriots for the next 10 days.

Nothing else matters but the game next week. 9-3 is a must.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #16
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

i am not going to get worried about the schedule. as tomlin would say it is what it is. and you cant do anything about it.

the pats are not playing pats ball this season even though they have a winning record. we just need to watch the jets/pats game and see how the jets won.

the cowboys, i am not too worried about. they will have their pacman back,maybe..lol. and felix jones was just placed on IR. if we can stop barber and get pressure on romo he will make some mistakes. he reminds me of brady, in the sense he doesnt like pressure, he is good at extending the plays, but the only other tough defense they have played were the giants.

the ravens.. well its always a tough game. our oline will need to step it up and i mean big b/c they will need to keep ben upright..(i remember that hit in 06 he took, i dont want to see that again).

the titans are a good football team, but i think they can be beatable.. meaning we need to knock collins out so we can get to vince and watch him get booed by his fans which will make him upset and play bad..lol..

i think with our defense we could win any game.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #17
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

if they go 2-2 during that stretch and then clean up with the Clowns in the final game, that gets them to 11 wins. That's a pretty good season.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #18
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Yeah the next few games will be pretty tough.

But people said this schedule was going to be brutal. We can't do anything about it. The Steelers will keep fighting just as they always have. This long break before the Pats* game will help.

We have a fighting chance against all of them, but we can just as easily blow it for ourselves. Let's wait and see.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

After reading this board I'd be surprised if we win another game again. Ever.

Seriously. There are some real "Galss half empty" people around this joint...
Old 11-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #20
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
After reading this board I'd be surprised if we win another game again. Ever.

Seriously. There are some real "Galss half empty" people around this joint...
Not Guilty!