Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-07-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844
Default Sean Casey Comes Home

Well, the Pirates got a lefty bat but at what cost? Williams was the Buccos most consistent season-long pitcher last year and had three years of arbitration left, if I'm not mistaken. It makes me wonder if maybe they didn't jump the gun a little bit. Could they have gotten more?

Casey's a nice player and from what I've read, he's a hell of a guy. Very involved in the Cincy community and great with charity. Good deal. Only problem is, IMO, the fact that he makes over $8M and is finishing the final year of his deal. If my calculations are correct that looks like around half of what the Pirates alloted this offseason for improvements to the team.

This seems more like a move that a team in contention would make, not one of a young team that is trying to build for the future but I guess after 13 season's of future the Pirates felt they had to make a move.

I guess C. Wilson in RF doesn't seem too bad but I'm not sure how pressing of an issue 1B really was despite Eldred's K problem. With so many teams always on the lookout for lefty starters it seems that Pittsburgh may have moved their guys away pretty quickly.

I know Redman flamed out after the All-Star break, but Jonah Bayliss might not be the answer for their lack of righty punch out of the pen. Hopefully the moves work.

Now it's time to see if there's a chance for Milton Bradley to come in to town. He's had his share of problems, no denying that, but I think he's only 27. There's no telling how he might react if he's losing here so I'm sure that is an issue for Pirates' management.

I'm just wondering how the team is going to stretch their remaining $7- or 8M to fill other needs. At least they're making an effort, I guess. Maybe I'm just down on everything Pirates after so many losing seasons.

Hey, where's a good Pirates forum?
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Sean Casey Comes Home

Welcome Back Casey. Glad To See You Want to play for your home team. LET'S GO PIRATES IN 2006!

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 01:01 PM   #3
SteelCurtain
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 571
Default Re: Sean Casey Comes Home

well i'm sad to see Casey go I'm an avid Reds fan, but atleast he went to my second team...he's a great ballplayer, outstanding bat, and from what I hear a great person...I wish him and the Pirates luck this year, hopefully they'll battle for the top spot in the NL Central