Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-21-2008, 08:30 AM   #11
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196
Default Re: Penalty by Nate

He was flagged because he squared up on the DB like he was trying to block him.

He has to do a better job of making it look like incidental contact. All he needs to do is brush the guy to give Hines a little seperation. It was a good call.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #12
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

NFL Rulebook. (Nate was guilty of A)

Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched.

(b) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass.

(c) Driving through a defender who has established a position on the field.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:38 AM   #13
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Oh, and note to Arians.

Please stop calling pass plays to Nate on 3rd down. He can only catch on 1st and 2nd down. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #14
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070

If I recall, Holmes, Ward and Miller all dropped balls too last night, it wasn't just Nate.

The call was the right call though. Nate has to do a better job of acting if he is going to run a pick play...

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:57 AM   #15
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizze99 View Post
If I recall, Holmes, Ward and Miller all dropped balls too last night, it wasn't just Nate.

The call was the right call though. Nate has to do a better job of acting if he is going to run a pick play...
You know what, Hines is allowed to drop a ball once in a while. He's good enough to make up for it later on. He always does. Miller dropped one that he got drilled on and was short of the 1st down marker for. Holmes made one of the best catches of the night, if not two of them, the one on the slant when he was lined up on the left and reached out in stride and caught it with his hands, and then the one he got killed on, he held onto the ball.

Nate drops important passes all the time and I'm literally sick of it. Its great that on 1st and 10 he can do a double move and run 30 yards down field and catch a deep ball, but on 3rd and 9, he drops the effing ball time and time again.

I'm done with Nate. He's had his chances to prove his roster spot isn't wasted and he's missed the opportunity to show he belongs #3 on this team.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:17 AM   #16
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Much like basketball you must make every opportunity to avoid the person. otherwise recievers in the NFL would be running that cross route every other play in which a reciever can take out the defender as long as it's inside the five yardline leaving the other crossing reciever wide open. In basketball this is done to give a shooter a lane to the basket both illegal. they'll let you get away with shoulder to shoulder contact, or to get tied up for a moment, but full contact is usually almost always called. It looked like it was deliberate, and even acted out a little on the fall.
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:22 AM   #17
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
You know what, Hines is allowed to drop a ball once in a while. He's good enough to make up for it later on. He always does. Miller dropped one that he got drilled on and was short of the 1st down marker for. Holmes made one of the best catches of the night, if not two of them, the one on the slant when he was lined up on the left and reached out in stride and caught it with his hands, and then the one he got killed on, he held onto the ball.

Nate drops important passes all the time and I'm literally sick of it. Its great that on 1st and 10 he can do a double move and run 30 yards down field and catch a deep ball, but on 3rd and 9, he drops the effing ball time and time again.

I'm done with Nate. He's had his chances to prove his roster spot isn't wasted and he's missed the opportunity to show he belongs #3 on this team.
sweed is waiting in the wings.. he had a chance to pass nate but failed.. maybe he will by season's end. he is getting more and more playing time each week.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #18
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

nate just needs some blocking lessons from hines

and a savings account for fines..lol...

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #19
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

[QUOTE=Dino 5 Rings;480487]You know what, Hines is allowed to drop a ball once in a while. He's good enough to make up for it later on.

I think Hienz is one of the most underrated recievers in the NFL a great all around player, here goes the BUT! Why does he almost always leave his feet When catching the ball, almost like he's cradeling the ball. I have mentioned this to my freinds during games for years. Chris Collingsworth mentioned it last night. It affects his ability to run after the catch, and last night it cost him the catch. I wonder if his coach ever edresses this? Will he be a Hall of Famer? he makes Stallworth, and Swanns #'s look small. However I think his catching style make it hard for him to catch those amazing highlight catches that Lynn Swann was so good at.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #20
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Much like basketball you must make every opportunity to avoid the person. otherwise recievers in the NFL would be running that cross route every other play in which a reciever can take out the defender as long as it's inside the five yardline leaving the other crossing reciever wide open. In basketball this is done to give a shooter a lane to the basket both illegal. they'll let you get away with shoulder to shoulder contact, or to get tied up for a moment, but full contact is usually almost always called. It looked like it was deliberate, and even acted out a little on the fall.