Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Big Ben haters have been quiet lately.

Looks like Ben has gotten out of his little midseason funk and is looking like his early season form. He played well last week too. The practice is working. He's standing in the pocket and doesn't look skittish and indecisive.

Where's Makaveli and all the Ben haters telling us how much he sucks and not worth the 100 million dollars?
Old 11-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: Big Ben haters have been quiet lately.

Well, he finally got his head straight and started making better decisions. He looks 100 percent better. If he keeps playing this way and winning games, he's obviously worth everything we're paying him.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

I don't know why anyone would have reason/s to hate Ben. What is there to hate? He has such tremendous athletic ability. Not many qbs can throw as accurately on the run as he can. He is a tough guy to bring down which enables him to shake a lot of would be sacks. I see him progressing nicely reading defenses, recognizing schemes. Notice he is pointing out more when he gets to the line? I never remember him doing that before, reminds me of Peyton Manning. He has his moments when he doesn't make the best decisions with the ball, but that is with any qb, even the great ones who have come before him. He has improved his play over the past few weeks and that is what you want to see. He took the blame for the loss against the Colts, and since then has come out and played so much better. He took the loss upon himself and did something about it, turned around and gave us 2 very good performances. So I really am not understanding why the people who hate him feel that way.

GO STEELERS!!!

Dawn
Old 11-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
Makaveli
Banned

Member Number: 5998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Looks like Ben has gotten out of his little midseason funk and is looking like his early season form. He played well last week too. The practice is working. He's standing in the pocket and doesn't look skittish and indecisive.

Where's Makaveli and all the Ben haters telling us how much he sucks and not worth the 100 million dollars?

"He still sucks, and is not worth the 100 million dollars."
Old 11-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #5
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Ben has come out the last two weeks and played Steeler football. He has limited the long balls and kept his plays short, simple and most important mistake free.
Ever since he has started he has been out franchise QB, but is no where close to perfect and will have bad games and you can't jump on him about that performance. There team wins, not Ben wins.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcitygal87 View Post
I don't know why anyone would have reason/s to hate Ben. What is there to hate?
Because for the first half of the season, he was playing like a moron. Anyone could see he still had a lot of talent -- but oh, man! He was having at least half a dozen what-the-hell-were-you-thinking moments per game.

Getting frustrated with that, I can understand. But I'd be surprised if many people actually went so far as to write him off for good.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #7
Makaveli
Banned

Member Number: 5998

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Because for the first half of the season, he was playing like a moron. Anyone could see he still had a lot of talent -- but oh, man! He was having at least half a dozen what-the-hell-were-you-thinking moments per game.

Getting frustrated with that, I can understand. But I'd be surprised if many people actually went so far as to write him off for good.

I'll be absoloutely honest,...ive never truly "wrote the kid off".( Though i like coach Cowher,.. was looking forward to another player being our QB coming out of that Draft)

In truth it's the fact that he (Ben) has the most "potential" of any QB we've had since Terry, but yet he fails to maximize it,...that's what gets under my f#ckin skin.

You see,..it's one thing to just be "limited" in terms of ability and acumen for the game.( As the long list of BUMS that preceded Ben were.)

But an entirely different degree of failure,...when one "Can" perform at an elite level,...but simply won't. (Because of a disdain for "HARD WORK")
Old 11-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #8
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

His brain-damage is healing nicely.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,896 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
I'll be absoloutely honest,...ive never truly "wrote the kid off".( Though i like coach Cowher,.. was looking forward to another player being our QB coming out of that Draft)

In truth it's the fact that he (Ben) has the most "potential" of any QB we've had since Terry, but yet he fails to maximize it,...that's what gets under my f#ckin skin.
On NO!!! You were a Rivers pimp!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

I agree that Ben has never maximized his "potential" because most of the success has come too easy for him. Still got a long career ahead of him and room to improve. I became a fan the day he was drafted.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #10
T.Richardson
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 10617

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

It was just the two games against the Manning Brothers, 7 ints, and 1 TD against them. While the rest of the league, 10 TDs, 4 ints.