Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #21
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911
Default Re: Big Ben haters have been quiet lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Its all about Big Ben being smart with the ball and not being afraid to Run with it once in a while. The 2 scrambles he had last night were clutch, and those are the type of plays that have been missing. Feel the heat, step up, and when you notice the linebackers are not in the middle of the field, run for the first down. Basic crap that he was doing great until last season when he started to get sacked a lot in the "run and gun" style offense he was setting records with. Now its been made clear. Ben, manage the game, don't make mistaks, be smart with the ball, and dang it, Scramble!
I think the shoulder had alot to do with it Dino. Hopefully his being able to stay uprite this game, coupled with 10 days does his body good.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #22
Havik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8843

I have never been a Big Ben hater. I just don't think he should play when he's injured, as he has been responsible for several losses.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #23
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

AS much as I love my wife... she has gotten on my nerves this season about Ben.. Every time he has thrown a INT ; which has been often ; she has piped in " He just don't look comfortable like he did last year"... don't think for a minute that Ben is pressing because of the money and the demands of the pressure...it would take a toll on anyone.... I'm just saying " cut the kid a break, let him go, and he will be a 95 % winning STEELERS QB... he's already in the stats w/ Marino,Elway for most wins after 48 starts... Ben is doing pretty good!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #24
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
On NO!!! You were a Rivers pimp!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

I agree that Ben has never maximized his "potential" because most of the success has come too easy for him. Still got a long career ahead of him and room to improve. I became a fan the day he was drafted.
Me too and that day became the day I also became a Steeler fan lol

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
Old 11-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #25
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,463 Times in 1,635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveben7 View Post
Me too and that day became the day I also became a Steeler fan lol
Great!! I was the other way around. Been a Steeler fan for 30 years and had to live thru the last of Bradshaw....then Stoudt, Malone, Woodley, Brister, O'Donnell (good times), Graham, Kordell, etc. Until Ben was drafted.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #26
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Phillip Rivers is a joke and a head case. Don't EVEN mention him in the same sentence as Ben. He can't hold Ben's jock strap.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #27
Steeldude
Living Legend

why is a person labeled a hater because they point out a player's weaknesses? i remember being called a hater for what i thought of KS as the starting QB for 5+ years.

so if you point out a player's strengths are you a lover?

for example, BR has one of the worst long balls in the NFL. does that mean i hate him or does it mean i am pointing out a fact? i choose the latter.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:56 PM   #28
missedgehead
Starter

Member Number: 8622

LOL Let's see, asking the guy to play better and make better decisions with the ball makes you a "hater?" Even Coach TOMLIN told him that he had to get his butt to practice or he was not going to play, that he couldn't use his bad shoulder as an excuse not to practice, etc. I guess Coach Tomlin is a "hater." also? Yesterday's game was deceivingly good for him. What I mean is we were playing a game against a bad team...Cincinnati.....a team that everyone whupped on, except the Eagles whose QB never heard of a tie in the NFL (that is McMoron for you) and the Jaguars who the Bungles beat.....the Bungles had NO PASS RUSH. Barely got to him so he had all day. Also there were 3 balls he threw that had the Bungles defenders known how to catch AT ALL and hold on to the danged ball, should have been intercepted. Any good team would have had 3 INTs against him last night.

Asking a guy who we are paying 102 million to play better is not being a "hater." It seems to me that Ben is becoming the second coming of Brett Farve and I do not mean that in a positive manner. Farve is one of those guys that seems to be teflon Farve.....if you DARE make any sort of criticism of the guy, you are labeled a "hater." I am seeing the same with Ben. RIdiculous. It seems to me that alot of Steeler fans would rather LOSE the division or not make the playoffs or if we make the playoffs , be one and done like we did last year, as long as Ben is playing like he is or whatever. The reason the Colts are back in the playoff race is pretty much because we had them BEAT, but good ol' Ben started with the danged interceptions and we lost the game.

Credit: Spongebobglav for both avatar and signature
Old 11-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #29
iloveben7
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Great!! I was the other way around. Been a Steeler fan for 30 years and had to live thru the last of Bradshaw....then Stoudt, Malone, Woodley, Brister, O'Donnell (good times), Graham, Kordell, etc. Until Ben was drafted.
well I guess I was always a Steeler fan because my dad's had season tickets forever and everyone in my family loved the Steelers and I guess I just never got into it. I remember watching one game earlier than 04 and it was the playoff game against the Titans when we lost and we also always watched the Superbowls, but I never really understood the game and wasn't interested in it at all. and then I saw on the new that the Steelers drafted Ben and they showed clips of him from college and high school and I was like wow this kid is amazing, so I decided to watch that season, and I've been hooked ever since. I'm not a bandwagoner, I just became a fan late, but also at the right time. I don't know what it was like back in those days, but I've heard stories from my parents and I've watched all the old Superbowl games and the history of the Steelers DVD. Now I know everything about football and sometimes I annoy the people around me, but I seriously couldn't imagine my life without the Steelers. haha everything revolves around them-I work at the Steeler Sideline store, and go to training camp every summer, and at least one game a season, and so on.

sorry this is so long and off-topic

Old 11-22-2008, 12:02 AM   #30
iloveben7
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedgehead View Post
LOL Let's see, asking the guy to play better and make better decisions with the ball makes you a "hater?" Even Coach TOMLIN told him that he had to get his butt to practice or he was not going to play, that he couldn't use his bad shoulder as an excuse not to practice, etc. I guess Coach Tomlin is a "hater." also? Yesterday's game was deceivingly good for him. What I mean is we were playing a game against a bad team...Cincinnati.....a team that everyone whupped on, except the Eagles whose QB never heard of a tie in the NFL (that is McMoron for you) and the Jaguars who the Bungles beat.....the Bungles had NO PASS RUSH. Barely got to him so he had all day. Also there were 3 balls he threw that had the Bungles defenders known how to catch AT ALL and hold on to the danged ball, should have been intercepted. Any good team would have had 3 INTs against him last night.

Asking a guy who we are paying 102 million to play better is not being a "hater." It seems to me that Ben is becoming the second coming of Brett Farve and I do not mean that in a positive manner. Farve is one of those guys that seems to be teflon Farve.....if you DARE make any sort of criticism of the guy, you are labeled a "hater." I am seeing the same with Ben. RIdiculous. It seems to me that alot of Steeler fans would rather LOSE the division or not make the playoffs or if we make the playoffs , be one and done like we did last year, as long as Ben is playing like he is or whatever. The reason the Colts are back in the playoff race is pretty much because we had them BEAT, but good ol' Ben started with the danged interceptions and we lost the game.
I'm not calling those people haters. The haters are those that came on here and just blamed everything on Ben and saying Leftwich was a better QB and so on, you've all seen the posts. And those 3 INTs you're saying that a good team would've had last night, you never know because it's a completely different game

Closed Thread