Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
Makaveli
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 188
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5998
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default " True Blood"

HBO's newest series,.....take it or leave it ?
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Polamalu Princess's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Steeler Town
Posts: 3,046
Gender: Female
Member Number: 7120
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: " True Blood"

Have not watched it. Is it on HBO On Demand?
__________________
Polamalu Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
GutterflowerSteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,168
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: " True Blood"

LOVE it!! Score for HBO - I haven't really liked any of their series since The Sopranos and Six Feet Under ended and they canceled both Carnivale and Deadwood. The plot and the way the whole serial killer storyline is played out against this world of vampires who now openly walk amongst the living - it works very well I like a lot of the characters - Jason Stackhouse, Sookie, Lafayette, Sam and Tara. I read that it's already been renewed for a second season.
__________________

~Sig created by SteelDuck~
GutterflowerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
Makaveli
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 188
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5998
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: " True Blood"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu Princess View Post
Have not watched it. Is it on HBO On Demand?
Yes it is. I generally don't get to watch much tv outside of sports. But i heard of the series through a friend and checked it out on "on demand". Long story short,..i ended up making time to watch every available episode.

Last edited by Makaveli; 11-21-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
GutterflowerSteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,168
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: " True Blood"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
Yes it it is. I generally don't get to watch much tv outside of sports. But i heard of the series through a friend and checked it out on "on demand". Long story short,..i ended up making time to watch every available episode.
The season finale is this weekend. I can't wait to see what happens! Have you seen all 11 episodes so far?
__________________

~Sig created by SteelDuck~
GutterflowerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:40 PM   #6
Makaveli
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 188
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5998
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: " True Blood"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutterflowerSteel View Post
LOVE it!! Score for HBO - I haven't really liked any of their series since The Sopranos and Six Feet Under ended and they canceled both Carnivale and Deadwood. The plot and the way the whole serial killer storyline is played out against this world of vampires who now openly walk amongst the living - it works very well I like a lot of the characters - Jason Stackhouse, Sookie, Lafayette, Sam and Tara. I read that it's already been renewed for a second season.

Big score indeed as far as i'm concerned as well ! One would think that Vampires and the supernatural have been "done" to the point of almost any backdrop being cliche. But this series is very well written and balanced. (Not to mention the "crazy" theme song during the intro)
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
Makaveli
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 188
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5998
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: " True Blood"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutterflowerSteel View Post
The season finale is this weekend. I can't wait to see what happens! Have you seen all 11 episodes so far?
Yep,.....and eagerly looking forward to the finale !
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:58 PM   #8
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
GutterflowerSteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,168
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: " True Blood"

I was hooked from the first episode - so many things happened in that first hour: Great acting by an ensemble cast that bring the story to life with interesting, compelling characters. Stripped down, the storylines are pretty basic: who's the serial killer along with an interracial love story between a human and a vampire - but the added vampire element makes it that much more intriguing. I'm looking forward to Sunday nights on HBO again. I haven't read any of the books, and I think I'm going to wait until after the series ends. I don't want to spoil it

The theme song had to grow on me, but I like it now
__________________

~Sig created by SteelDuck~
GutterflowerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:00 PM   #9
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Polamalu Princess's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Steeler Town
Posts: 3,046
Gender: Female
Member Number: 7120
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: " True Blood"

I am going to have to give it a look. I have only watched Sex and the City on HBO and Weeds on Showtime. I will watch some of it tonight or tomorrow. Thanks.
__________________
Polamalu Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:16 PM   #10
Makaveli
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 188
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5998
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: " True Blood"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutterflowerSteel View Post
I was hooked from the first episode - so many things happened in that first hour: Great acting by an ensemble cast that bring the story to life with interesting, compelling characters. Stripped down, the storylines are pretty basic: who's the serial killer along with an interracial love story between a human and a vampire - but the added vampire element makes it that much more intriguing. I'm looking forward to Sunday nights on HBO again. I haven't read any of the books, and I think I'm going to wait until after the series ends. I don't want to spoil it

The theme song had to grow on me, but I like it now
I found that interesting as well,......the way that the writer almost gives us an "from the outside looking in" perspective in terms of social dynamics. By using Vampires as the new social "caste" to be feared, loved, and loathed all at the same time. To me it's kinda like "damn,..does this define the nature of our many "real world" hangups ?"

I haven't read the books either, but like you,..i'll wait.

Last edited by Makaveli; 11-21-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts