Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #11
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,902 Times in 1,362 Posts
Default Re: Steelers' Russell becomes dual threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Like Moore getting stoned on the goalline 3 times in 2 games? Of course that was Arians' fault, as I recall, for not "mixing it up." .
Actually, one of those Moore missed the hole, the other Kemo missed the block and there was another one where lead blocker Carey Davis got stuffed in the hole and the LB that stuffed him made the tackle on Moore.

You guys are right. The back looks good when guys are blocking for him better. I just like the fact that Russell hits the hole in KO returns and as a RB. If the hole isnt there at least he tries to plow thru a crack.......where Dookie used to stop and go lateral.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #12
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Exactly!!

But at least the fans invovled in the current love fest can always blame the O line or Arians for getting stuffed. Personally......I like to blame Carey Davis
i myself prefer to blame the line. when defenders are in the backfield .5 seconds after the ball hits the qb's hands.....its the line.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #13
SunshineMan21
Starter

Member Number: 9294

I like Russell as a short-yardage guy . . . Moore is more of an elusive dual-threat guy, and Willie really needs to get to the second level to maximize his speed. I think the more different playmakers we can bring in, the better.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #14
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485

I just don't care for the speed back very much, I'ld rather have a guy that can ware down the "d." Willie has done some great things, but the only way he is effictive is if the "o" line is doing great. He can't use poewr to burst threw small holes.
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,902 Times in 1,362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i myself prefer to blame the line. when defenders are in the backfield .5 seconds after the ball hits the qb's hands.....its the line.
If the defenses only rush 4 or 5....ABSOLUTELY!! If they blitz more, the QB has to recognize and accept responsibility.

When you cant convert running the ball because the FB is stuffed in the hole.....Its the FB.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:56 PM   #16
TerribleSteelyMcBeam
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10657

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsteelerwr15 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do returning punts as well. Santonio is terrible at it. He just dances around and doesnt find room to run, while Russell will run everyone over.
yeah i second that. when santonionionioniooo is back to catch the ball i feel it is normal for him to bobble/drop it, and when he does catch it i am excited haha
TerribleSteelyMcBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:44 PM   #17
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
If the defenses only rush 4 or 5....ABSOLUTELY!! If they blitz more, the QB has to recognize and accept responsibility.

When you cant convert running the ball because the FB is stuffed in the hole.....Its the FB.
When the fullback is stuffed because two lineman were able to get to him, it is the O line.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #18
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

I'm guessing that this topic was a bit too cheerful for some of the grumpier/argumentative memebers, all that they want to read is DOOM AND GLOOM!
A positive post about Russell and some people want to put a NEGATIVE twist on it.
Move on with your miserable selves.

Russell, use him up, he's the best short yardage back on the Steelers roster. Put a real FB in front of him and he's that much better. If he does happen to get stuffed once or twice, then so be it, you'll have that in the NFL, I'll still support him.

As long as Arians keeps a FB in front of him, and the play isn't DESIGNED to stretch the damn run to the sideline where WR's are expected to maintain run blocks for 8-10 seconds, then I DON'T SEE Russell getting stuffed very often.

But of course, that's just my POSITIVE opinion on the subject.
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #19
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
When the fullback is stuffed because two lineman were able to get to him, it is the O line.
FIRE the offensive linemen! Fire them all!

The offensive linemen are what they are, AVERAGE, you best get used to them because 80% of them will be back next season. An offensive coordinator with, I don't know, lets say moderate intelligence, would design plays and gameplans that account for the weaknesses of his personnel.

Last edited by Steelers & I; 11-22-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #20
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
Personally, I blame Bush.
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote