Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #21
GridironWarrior
Starter

Member Number: 9565
Default Re: The Home Stretch

I wouldn't be surprised if they lost 3 of those games. Their Oline is a complete joke and any team can get well playing those 5 up front. And NE has one of the best 3-4 lines in the league. And I shutter to think what Haynesworth will do. I can't believe some of you think the O is coming around. They couldn't run the ball against the lowly Bengals.
GridironWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #22
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironWarrior View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they lost 3 of those games. Their Oline is a complete joke and any team can get well playing those 5 up front. And NE has one of the best 3-4 lines in the league. And I shutter to think what Haynesworth will do. I can't believe some of you think the O is coming around. They couldn't run the ball against the lowly Bengals.
You mean Willie Parker couldn't run the ball against the lowly Bengals. Seemed MeMo and Russell didn't have much of a problem, though.

What would get the Steelers by right now is a running back by committee system.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #23
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Everyone the sky is not falling because injured Parker couldn't run against the Bungles.
Memo and Russell did a fine job to help seal off the game on the last two drives and the Steelers with a running game and Ben playing smart, plus being backed up by the #1 defense has a chance to AT LEAST win 2 games here.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #24
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by galax steeler View Post
If we can win half them games then we will be ok I would say out of the two the Ravens and the Tiatans is going to be our toughest opponents.

agree, but the ravens game is the most important! We can not afford to lose to them
Old 11-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #25
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I didn't really check, to be honest. I agree with you - we need to go at least 3-2 down the stretch.
I also would agree with that.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #26
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Member Number: 10612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
You mean Willie Parker couldn't run the ball against the lowly Bengals. Seemed MeMo and Russell didn't have much of a problem, though.

What would get the Steelers by right now is a running back by committee system.
It's a combination of Willie Parker being a 3rd down back that cant catch and the O-line. The O-line is still miserable and the next 4 games will expose whether they have gotten better or if they are still absolutely worthless.
NYC SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #27
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

I'm thinking that they go 11-5 and, as bad as it will taste, hopefully they lose to the Cowboys (NFC losses hurt less) and the Titans (probably won't catch them for the #1seed anyway) in a hard fought and close game.

This is all speculation of course, but that would just about cover all bases in winning the 2nd seed, 10-2 in the conference, not bad at all, and a win with any tiebreaker scenario over the Patriots, who I believe will ultimately win the AFC East.

#2 seed, I'm hoping so man. A bye week and a home game versus, I'm guessing the Jets. AFC championship game on the road @ Tennessee, a team that we will have just played a few weeks before in a game that the Steelers clearly could have won.
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:36 AM   #28
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers & I View Post
I'm thinking that they go 11-5 and, as bad as it will taste, hopefully they lose to the Cowboys (NFC losses hurt less) and the Titans (probably won't catch them for the #1seed anyway) in a hard fought and close game.

This is all speculation of course, but that would just about cover all bases in winning the 2nd seed, 10-2 in the conference, not bad at all, and a win with any tiebreaker scenario over the Patriots, who I believe will ultimately win the AFC East.

#2 seed, I'm hoping so man. A bye week and a home game versus, I'm guessing the Jets. AFC championship game on the road @ Tennessee, a team that we will have just played a few weeks before in a game that the Steelers clearly could have won.
I think the Titans lose in the playoffs. They are not ready for that level of talent week in and week out.

I think the AFCCG will be played in Pittsburgh if we make it that far.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:50 AM   #29
BlackAndGold4Ever
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 8179

I actually wasn't worried about the Pats until I saw what Cassel did against the Fins today. Now our D is a hell of alot better then theirs, but that offence can be pretty explosive if we let them. I'm not worried about Dallas as much. The Titans just got rocked by the Jets, so they ain't unstopable. In my opinion the Rat Birds are the biggest threat right now. With the win over the Eagles we have a game and a half lead, but next week we play the 7-4 Pats and they play the Bengals 1-9-1. I still have alot of faith though, and still think we have a chance for the #2 spot as long as the offence steps it up toward the home stretch

www.steelersinhoboken.com
BlackAndGold4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:02 AM   #30
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I think the Titans lose in the playoffs. They are not ready for that level of talent week in and week out.

I think the AFCCG will be played in Pittsburgh if we make it that far.
Yeah, after thinking about it, you're probably right. For some reason I had the Titans playing the Broncos in the Divisional round but heck, the Colts will probably be knocking the Broncos out in the Wild Card round.

After watching the Titans play, especially against the Jets, they just don't look very good. Their offense is shaky, Kerry Collins definitely exhibits happy feet when pressured, and while under duress he throws ill-advised passes. Their defensive line is great but that secondary leaves much to be desired.

AFC Championship game at Heinz Field?? I guess I'll take it. Tomlin's not Cowher so maybe the Steelers, under Tomlin, can win a home AFCCG.
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote