Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410
Default A Boy's Dying Wish.....we all could learn something from Brenden.

I just came across this story on Yahoo news. I literally can't believe what I just saw. An 11 yr old kid showing that kind of selflessness. I don't think it can get anymore selfless than facing immediate death and have your first thoughts be of someone else who is suffering. This kid is what a true hero is all about in my opinion. Rest in Peace Brenden. God's getting one of the best!

A Dying Boy's Wish: The Story Of Brenden Foster
LOS ANGELES (CBS) ― An 11-year-old boy's dying wish to feed the homeless is becoming a national movement. Brenden Foster isn't afraid to die. He says he just wants to make a difference, before his time comes.

"You doing O.K. baby? Tired? You sleepy?"

Groggy and medicated, Wendy Foster's little boy is having a rough day.

Doctors gave 11-year-old Brenden Foster two weeks to live. His two weeks were up days ago.

"I'm thinking I hope I'm awake when he decides to pass, because I want to make sure I'm holding him," said Wendy.

Brenden has survived his leukemia long enough to see his dying wish come true. People are calling and emailing, all of them are inspired by his story.

"When I saw how brave and selfless Brenden is, especially in his darkest hour, I was reminded what bravery really is," a woman wrote in a letter to Brenden.

"I think that is great," he said.

"He made my dream come true. In my lifetime I wanted to change the world and my son did that," said Wendy.

Brenden can barely keep his eyes open as he watches Seattle's homeless being fed over the weekend.

"I don't need to worry until the time is come. So I don't have to think about it if I'm still alive now," said Brenden.

He is in his final days. "I should be gone in a week or so," he said.

Brenden was a normal kid, dreaming of becoming a marine photographer. Then, last year he was diagnosed with leukemia.

As he faces death, he is thinking of others. A homeless camp captured Brenden's heart.

"I was getting back from one of my appointments and I saw this big thing full of homeless people and then I thought, 'I should just get them something,'" said Brenden.

But Brenden is too sick to leave his bed, so volunteers who heard about his story gathered to feed the homeless in his honor.

"They're probably starving, so they're my friends," said Brenden.

Brenden is surrounding by love, as he shows what real love is all about. He has another wish for everyone -- to follow their dreams.

"Mine already came true," he said.

He's relapsed for the last time. He doesn't have to undergo chemo therapy. He just has pain medication to keep him comfortable.

"It's devastating. But I find great peace in knowing we've had our time together. And that we will see each other again," said Wendy.

"I had a great time and until my time is come I'm going to keep having a good time," Brenden said.

If you would like to help with the expenses that have come with Brenden Foster's care, donations can be made at any Washington Mutual bank branch. Make checks payable to the "Brenden Foster Cancer Fund."

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
CanadianSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 6555
Default Re: A Boy's Dying Wish.....we all could learn something from Brenden.

Thanks LambertG58.
Kind of puts things inot perspective when you read something so sad yet inspiring like that.....
CanadianSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148

The world will loose another good soul. It is a sad shame that this boy has to endure this disease. Very inspiring!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #4
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

very inspiring thanks for sharing

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote