Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #21
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634
Default Re: Dallas fan here-I know it's early, but...

I bet Owens will be as gun shy as Moss was today. Moss dropped at least 3 passes today.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #22
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

it's going to be a fun game. It really shlud be a game that is played on a Sunday night.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:21 PM   #23
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

this game should of been a prime-time game 2 start off with... and like i said in another thread... this dal off could be the 1st team this yr 2 get at least 300 yrds... or at least they have a rly good chance of doing it

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:23 PM   #24
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Good to see you TNewman. I lived in NOLA for 12 years.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:16 AM   #25
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

First off-Mucho Congrats on your impressive win today! They broadcasted this game in the DFW area, so I got to watch it. I was really impressed with the way the Steelers handled the Pats, especially physically. All good teams have players that step up and make plays at critical times of the games(i.e. Hines Ward on that TD against 2 defenders).

Anyhow-it's late, and I'll be back with some more thoughts on our meeting next week tomorrow. I WILL say though that I would have rather played you guys EARLY in the season b/c of the physical style the Steelers play, I've seen opposing players getting carted off the field almost every game. Too bad we also have to play the Ravens, another physical team that inflicts pain on the opposition, 13 days later.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:58 AM   #26
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

While I'm back, I'll say a few things...

1) Since that humiliating Rams loss last month(it appeared Wade lost control of his team, TO was at the boiling point, the distractions from Pacman et al got too much, Romo's/Newman's injuries taking their tolls, etc, etc), Wade stripped the playcalling duties from our DC Brian Stewart. At first, I didn't think much of it b/c Wade's blueprints are all over the defense anyways, Stewart's really more of a bus driver. But somehow, it's worked. Since then, our schemes, tackling, etc have been much improved.

2) Our ST, which has been our achilles heel since Wade hired Bruce Reid last year, has also been much improved over the last month.

3) While I try not to make excuses about injuries, to be fair, during our slump where we lost 3/4(and started hitting ESPN 24/7 with tons of negative headlines), we had a ton of guys on the injured list. Most of them are healthy now.

4) During this 5 game stretch, where our only loss was to the defending Super Bowl Champs @The Meadowlands, I thought this team played with alot more heart and enthusiasm, at least for the first time in awhile.

Anyhow-I prolly sound like a homer, but on the flip side of the coin, it prolly means nothing, why? B/c we were in the same situation in '03, '05, and '06...started off the season kinda mediocrely, hit our stride a month prior going into Thanksgiving, everyone saying how "We're peaking at the right time", "We're the team to beat as we're getting stronger", blah, blah, blah...only for TSTHTF when all was said and done.

Pt being that none of this means anything UNLESS we finish the final sprint playing lights out. At least now compared to the other year's, Wade has our pass rush going, while Parcells was too stubborn to stay put with a bend-but-don't-break defense. Plus Romo is healthy and we know he's our best chance to win.

And besides, to put more things into perspective, we really didn't play anyone...the Bucs don't have much of an offense, the Skins' QB is terrible, and, of course, the Niners and Hawks are the laughing stocks of the league. So even with stout defensive efforts, honestly, it's hard to make a gauge on how good we really are.

If anything, my BIG gripe with this team is when they lose, there's no accountability among anyone. No, it's not just Owens-it's been like this for quite some time now even BEFORE Owens came here, FWIW.

Look at the Pats, for example-after they lost yesterday's game to you guys, almost immediately, all of their players took accountability, INCLUDING Randy Moss of all people.

Anyhow-that's enough of my rave and rant for now. Will be back tomorrow.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #27
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Welcome to the board and now that the beating of the patriots* and cassell have been complete it's time to turn our attention to romo, to, and giving them another beat back to reality!

I have much respect for romo and for barber, but to is jut a cry baby and he's about to implode this coming Sunday when he's covered thicker than my son's pancakes in syrup!!!

As for injuries, we've had our fair share and we've come out of a few games using second string players. So that's not an excuse for poor performance and L's!

The cowboys defense seems formidable but I think they will eventually wear down. I also don't think the dallas o-line can handle the multiple blitz packages that LeBeau has designed.

But that's why they play the game.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:44 AM   #28
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Steelers play their best game the later the season gets. The 5 rings are due to the maximum output during December, January and even February.

Your cowboys are a much better, tougher opponent than the Pats right now, but your coming to our house during our prime months and the Steelers won't lay down and take it. Its gonna be one physical game with two tough roudy defenses going at it.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #29
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

To the Cowboys fan, in the words of the immortal Ivan Drago:

"You will lose"
Old 12-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #30
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,163 Times in 1,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
To the Cowboys fan, in the words of the immortal Ivan Drago:

"You will lose"
I thought you were gonna go with "I must break you".

its gonna be a good game. I hope it snows.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote