Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #11
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Parker Back to Practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I'm with you LV. We're going to need FWP in the last weeks of the season and on our playoff journey. It makes no sense whatsoever to rush him back before he is 100% healthy. Memo, Russell and now Pooper can carry the load until then.

LV and HTG are exactly right.

Let him sit and heal. Parker's number 1 attribute is speed. His number 2 attribute is quickness (yes, they are different).

It isn't like a QB or a receiver that needs to work on timing. As long as he can do some work to keep himself in shape (a pool, a bike, etc. does pretty good), he will be fine. So sit, heal, I'd rather go into the playoffs in 6th place with a fresh fast willie then 2nd place with no willie at all.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #12
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Member Number: 10612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I'm not sure where your willie-hatred has come from but it sure has blinded you to him. Willie was the top back last year IN THE NFL before he broke his leg. He has done EVERYTHING this team has asked of him. When he DID come in that first game, you could see a MARKED difference between him and MeMo (whom I seriously like and want to keep on this team).

Willie has had the same problem EVERY BACK has had who ran for as many yards as Willie did last year. They said they were going to run him till the wheels fell off, and that is exactly what they did.

So give it a rest, let Willie get rested, and you will find that come playoff time, it is Willie on first and second down that gives us the best shot to win the game. I like MeMo on third down and Russel on short yardage. No one gets all the pounding and they all stay fresh.
Quote:
He has done EVERYTHING this team has asked of him.
I would do everything the team asked of me also, but that doesn't mean I would do the Pittsburgh Steelers a shread of good during an NFL football game.

It's not a hatred. I don't love or hate any individual player. However I am a big fan of the team and I do want what is best for the team regardless of how it may or may not effect an individual player. Telling me how good he WAS last year and why he ISN'T good this year does not change the fact that he ISN'T good this year.

I'm supposed to care or feel bad cause they ran him until his wheels came off? He has a superbowl ring and he's already gotten paid more than you, I or anyone on this forum will make in their life time. Either he fixes the wheels or he parks himself in the junkyard. If you really are "that injured" then wait until you're 100% so that way when you come back, if you still suck, you, Tomlin, Preacher or anyone else can't use injuries as an excuse and the team can move on.
NYC SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #13
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC SteelersFan View Post
I really hope they keep him out until Moore and Russell both prove worthless cause that is pretty much what Parker has proved himself this season. It's time to give someone else a non-half-a$$ed shot at being the #1 RB.

There can be only one............and his name is 'Fast' Willie Parker.

I pity the fool that says Fast Willie is done!
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #14
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay View Post
There can be only one............and his name is 'Fast' Willie Parker.

I pity the fool that says Fast Willie is done!
Mr. T pittied Rocky also but we all saw what happened to Mr. T at the end of Rocky 3
Old 11-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #15
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

I stopped watching after Rocky II....boxing was just....never quite the same....
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #16
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

I am amazed that FWP has been practicing this week with the bum knee. I love FWP to death, but really think if he is not 100% then he should sit this one out. I would rather have a 100% FWP down the stretch and in the playoffs. I really think Moore and Russell could do a good job against the Cheaters rush defense.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #17
STEELtownHAVOX
Starter

Member Number: 6464

Willie, get healthy buddy! I want you to get out there and prove all your critics wrong!! I do love the way MeMo is playing, but FWP is our guy if healthy.
STEELtownHAVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #18
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

That's just great. A gimpy Parker is now starting. If he does horrible, they'll just say cause he wasn't 100% again. This is becoming a broken and annoying record and the sound form that record is killing our team.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:57 PM   #19
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC SteelersFan View Post
That's just great. A gimpy Parker is now starting. If he does horrible, they'll just say cause he wasn't 100% again. This is becoming a broken and annoying record and the sound form that record is killing our team.
Who says FWP is starting. Even if he practiced the past 2 days, FWP is still listed as questionable. IMO Moore will get the start and they will let FWP heal another week.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote