Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Parker questionable for Sunday

Parker questionable for Sunday
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, November 29, 2008

Willie Parker is listed as questionable for Sunday's game at New England even though the Steelers running back practiced Friday for the second consecutive day. Parker re-injured his left knee last week, and Mewelde Moore will start in his place if the two-time Pro Bowler is unable to go against the Patriots. Parker did not give any indication if he will play in the 4:15 p.m. game but said he is frustrated by his injury-riddled season.

"It's definitely hard," Parker said. "Even if I'm hobbled I want to get in there. I guess it's one of those years. Every running back goes through it."

Parker has missed five games this season with knee and shoulder injuries. The Steelers added depth to their backfield Thursday by re-signing veteran running back Najeh Davenport.

As expected, starting defensive end Brett Keisel (knee) and offensive tackle Marvel Smith (back) are out for Sunday's game. They were the only Steelers that did not practice yesterday. Travis Kirschke will start at right defensive end while Max Starks will make his seventh consecutive start at left tackle. Cornerbacks Bryant McFadden (arm) and Deshea Townsend (hamstring) are listed as questionable for Sunday even though both practiced all week. The Steelers are hopeful that McFadden can play for the first time since breaking his right forearm in an Oct. 19 game at Cincinnati. Second-year man William Gay has started the last two games at the cornerback spot opposite Ike Taylor.

The Steelers have dropped six of the last seven games they have played against the Patriots. They never seemed to recover from a 34-13 loss to New England last season, as they fell in three of their four final games, including in the wild-card round of the playoffs. Defensive end Aaron Smith, however, dismissed the notion that the Steelers would clear a hurdle of sorts by beating the Patriots Sunday in New England.

"I don't think it's a big game in that we need to prove something," Smith said. "This isn't the Super Bowl. You keep your eye on that goal and that's why it's a big game."

The Steelers (8-3) probably need a win to stay a game ahead of the Ravens (7-4) in the AFC North. Baltimore plays 1-9-1 Cincinnati Sunday.

Among the Patriots that are questionable for Sunday's game are defensive tackles Richard Seymour (knee) and Ty Warren (groin), linebacker Tedy Bruschi (knee) and cornerback Ellis Hobbs (shoulder). Seymour, who leads the Patriots with seven sacks, participated on a limited basis in practice Friday after missing the previous two days.

The Steelers' Dec. 14 game at Baltimore has been changed from 1 to 4:15 p.m. The NFL's flex scheduling policy allows the times of games to be moved in the latter part of the season to give networks more attractive matchups. The Steelers' regular-season finale against the visiting Browns is also subject to change. The Dec. 28 game is scheduled for 1 p.m.

Digits

3.5 Sacks outside linebacker James Harrison needs to break the Steelers' single-season record set by Mike Merriweather in 1984.

115 Yards from scrimmage Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward needs to reach 10,000 for his career.

94.1 Kicker Jeff Reed's field-goal percentage, which ranks first in the AFC.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_600684.html
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Parker questionable for Sunday

We've done well with Moore. Rest up FWP! You earned your nickname in a Superbowl........ we need you down the road! (and we have Dooooookie, again!)
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #3
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292
Default Re: Parker questionable for Sunday

I really hope Townsend and McFadden can both go tomorrow. Although I would have McFadden line up as the nickel/dime CB until he gets his game legs again. Also, I hope they let FWP sit this game. We need him 100% for the playoff run. IMO Moore and Russell will be just fine attacking the Cheaters defense. Tell you what, that would be a huge loss if Seymour can't go for the Cheaters. I think we should focus on running right most of the game especially on the edges. The Cheaters LBs are old. IMO the only strength for the Cheaters defense is their DL.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote