Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-03-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Dallas Cowboys' Adams will have his hands full with Steelers' LB Harrison

Dallas Cowboys' Adams will have his hands full with Steelers' LB Harrison

10:56 PM CST on Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Flozell Adams went to the Pro Bowl last season. So did Matt Light. But Pro Bowl stripes don't seem to impress Pittsburgh Steelers weakside linebacker James Harrison.

Harrison is the best player on the best defense in the NFL. It'll be Adams' job to block him Sunday, when the Cowboys visit the Steelers. Tony Romo can only hope Adams puts up a better fight than Light did last Sunday for the New England Patriots.

Harrison was a one-man wrecking crew, stalking Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel into his worst performance of the season. Harrison made nine tackles and sacked Cassel twice, both times causing a fumble that was recovered by the Steelers. Cassel finished the day 19-of-39 for 169 yards and two interceptions in a 33-10 loss to Pittsburgh.

That kind of effort has become the norm for Harrison, who went to his first Pro Bowl in 2007, when he led the AFC with seven forced fumbles and led his team with 8 sacks. He's playing even better this season. Harrison leads the NFL with six forced fumbles and ranks third in the league with 14 sacks.

Undrafted out of Kent State in 2002, Harrison was cut twice by the Steelers and spent the bulk of two seasons on the club's practice roster before earning a roster spot in 2004 covering kicks on special teams.

Harrison spent three seasons learning how to play linebacker the Steeler way in the 3-4 scheme, showing flashes with a fumble return for a touchdown in 2004, an interception of Drew Brees in 2005 and three tackles against Cincinnati in his only start in 2006.

The Steelers were convinced Harrison was ready in 2007 and cut Pro Bowler Joey Porter to create a starting spot for him. A blend of power and speed, Harrison was team MVP of the AFC North champions.

Adams runs hot and cold as a pass protector. Sunday had better be one of his hot days for the Cowboys to have a chance against the 9-3 Steelers and NFL's best defense.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
aburdell
Water Boy

Member Number: 2310
Default Re: Dallas Cowboys' Adams will have his hands full with Steelers' LB Harrison

Adams is over rated. They haven't faced a good 3-4 defense all year. He doesn't stand a chance against Harrison. The best defense they have faced was the Giants and they gave up 4 sacks i think. Also I really hope Clark gives T.O. a good shot so he starts crying and dropping balls.
aburdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Dallas Cowboys' Adams will have his hands full with Steelers' LB Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburdell View Post
Adams is over rated. They haven't faced a good 3-4 defense all year. He doesn't stand a chance against Harrison. The best defense they have faced was the Giants and they gave up 4 sacks i think. Also I really hope Clark gives T.O. a good shot so he starts crying and dropping balls.
i am all for a good after game press conference with T.O. crying..lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburdell View Post
Dallas better pack a lunch....it's gonna be a LOOOONGGGG day!

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Damn Right he'll have his hands full.

It seems the only way you can stop Silverback is holding him. He's been held and clotheslined too many times to count this season.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #6
lotas
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Damn Right he'll have his hands full.

It seems the only way you can stop Silverback is holding him. He's been held and clotheslined too many times to count this season.
It blows my mind. And like you said, it's not always a "hold" as it is a clothesline/full-nelson/assault

Then again, 6ft 240lbs of pure 570lb squatting, 420lb benching power? Scary...
lotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #7
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

Don't we read this article about the speedbump of the week before every game?

As for the pro-bowl, Adams may be riding on reputation since he's been in the league for 11 years.

He's 33, long day for an old Football player coming up this week.

Perhaps we'll see if Jason Witten can do some decent blocking as a TE since blocking help will be needed.
Steely McSmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #8
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i think that adams has lost a step at his age and hopefully harrison can expliot that... but i can see barber being the last line of def for romo

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
FCBarca
Water Boy

Member Number: 10850

Adams and Holland will make the left side a source of weakness for the Boys, IMHO
FCBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
Dynasty
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2396

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
i am all for a good after game press conference with T.O. crying..lol
like this lol?