Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-04-2008, 01:02 AM   #11
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517
Default Re: Dallas Cowboys' Adams will have his hands full with Steelers' LB Harrison

Quote:
Don't we read this article about the speedbump of the week before every game?

That's hilarious. And you're right, it never ceases to amaze me how Harrison schools "premiere" LT's ever week.

To see TO crying after a Steelers win would be the media highlight of the season for me!
Old 12-04-2008, 01:27 AM   #12
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,705 Posts
Default Re: Dallas Cowboys' Adams will have his hands full with Steelers' LB Harrison

I havent read this much optimism since Harrison was supposed to abuse the Bengals rookie LT, Anthony Collins.

Adams will probably be fine. The Cowboys do a good job of protecting Romo. Its up to the CB's to create some "coverage sacks". The big O line of the Cowboys cant handle the relentless pass rush, but can block for 2-3 seconds.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:39 AM   #13
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,953 Times in 1,659 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

They might be giving Harrison so much attention that Woodley might have a monster game I would like to see both of them in the backfield all game long.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:19 AM   #14
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Harrison was a one-man wrecking crew
I thought that was Troy's job description.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:42 AM   #15
Burghfan58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10872

Slow feet =Fast start......That is fast start penalties as Flozell jumps trying to get the edge on Harrison. Romo is scrambling all day. Coverage downfield needs to be sharp. Barber gets nothing. Steelers 27-14

Steelers can't win it every year. Some teams can't win it any year.
Burghfan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #16
southmofan
Water Boy

Member Number: 10880

Bunch of hopeful homers I see. You're invited to tell us otherwise at AbsoluteCowboys.Com

We always invite guys from the other side during game week.

Adams ALWAYS gets a False Start, usually 1-2 a game. He plays up to his competition though, and he can play very well. Don't get too giddy just yet.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #17
Burghfan58
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmofan View Post
Bunch of hopeful homers I see. You're invited to tell us otherwise at AbsoluteCowboys.Com

We always invite guys from the other side during game week.

Adams ALWAYS gets a False Start, usually 1-2 a game. He plays up to his competition though, and he can play very well. Don't get too giddy just yet.
Not hopeful, just realistic. Tell me why Dallas will win. Finesse team in bad conditions with few yards on the ground. Steeler win.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #18
#1LambertFan
Starter

Member Number: 5489

Pittsburgh 17-13. I like me some some Defense.
#1LambertFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #19
southmofan
Water Boy

Member Number: 10880

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghfan58 View Post
Not hopeful, just realistic. Tell me why Dallas will win. Finesse team in bad conditions with few yards on the ground. Steeler win.
Too easy. (although the Steelers are plenty good and could win)

Dallas is a vertical team with a scrambling quarterback who buys time for his receivers. Over the past three weeks against two duds and one good team, they have played much more disciplined, and put up numbers similar to the first three weeks of the season. In other words, the offense has gotten healthy, is clicking right now and has a multitude of weapons. They WILL score.

The Steelers have to limit that, because the Steelers offense -if they get one-dimensional, would be in trouble. If EITHER offense gets one-dimensional they are in for a long day because these are the best pass rushing teams in the NFL.

I simply don't think the Steelers can contain the Cowboys offense enough for the entire game, and because of the Dallas pass rush, the Steelers offense is going to struggle in the 4th quarter.

It'll be close.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #20
Burghfan58
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmofan View Post
Too easy. (although the Steelers are plenty good and could win)

Dallas is a vertical team with a scrambling quarterback who buys time for his receivers. Over the past three weeks against two duds and one good team, they have played much more disciplined, and put up numbers similar to the first three weeks of the season. In other words, the offense has gotten healthy, is clicking right now and has a multitude of weapons. They WILL score.

The Steelers have to limit that, because the Steelers offense -if they get one-dimensional, would be in trouble. If EITHER offense gets one-dimensional they are in for a long day because these are the best pass rushing teams in the NFL.

I simply don't think the Steelers can contain the Cowboys offense enough for the entire game, and because of the Dallas pass rush, the Steelers offense is going to struggle in the 4th quarter.

It'll be close.
Cowboys will score, but how much. Steelers lead the league in fewest points allowed and the conditions will put a premium on the run game. Oh by the way they also lead the league in fewest rushing yards allowed. Barber will not beat them. The last time T.O. was in Pittsburgh with the Eagles he imploded. If Steelers don't turn it over they win handily.