Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room > Well Wishes

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-12-2009, 11:43 PM   #41
NEPAsteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11528
Default Re: Prayers Needed

Still and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
NEPAsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #42
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Thank you both.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #43
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,625 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

You have my thoughts and prayers you were here for me when my mom had surgery and I will be here for you if you need me.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:39 AM   #44
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
You have my thoughts and prayers you were here for me when my mom had surgery and I will be here for you if you need me.
Thank you, my friend!

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-17-2009, 02:21 AM   #45
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Sorry for my tardiness in this thread. Thoughts and prayers as others have said.

At those times when I start to see the fragility of my own parents, I think of this thread and HTG's struggles. While they are both still relatively healthy, it is hard not to think of the inevitable.

I often think back to those times when I was a child, and that feeling I had knowing that my parents were looking out for me.... feeling sheltered and protected. I take some comfort in the thoughts that my parents have (or will have) that same feeling as I have to take care of them. Even if "by taking care of them," someday I must put them into a safer environment.

HTG, even in her present mental state, I am sure deep down your mother has that feeling. She knows you are taking care of her, by doing what is best for her, even if she can't express it.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:09 AM   #46
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Marianne you've had a rough little stint here. I pray for you and your mother.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #47
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Sorry for my tardiness in this thread. Thoughts and prayers as others have said.

At those times when I start to see the fragility of my own parents, I think of this thread and HTG's struggles. While they are both still relatively healthy, it is hard not to think of the inevitable.

I often think back to those times when I was a child, and that feeling I had knowing that my parents were looking out for me.... feeling sheltered and protected. I take some comfort in the thoughts that my parents have (or will have) that same feeling as I have to take care of them. Even if "by taking care of them," someday I must put them into a safer environment.

HTG, even in her present mental state, I am sure deep down your mother has that feeling. She knows you are taking care of her, by doing what is best for her, even if she can't express it.
I think my Mom is pretty much at peace knowing that I did what I felt was best for her safety. She is MUCH better since her 30 day stay at the rehab facility where she got absolutely phenomenal physical, occupational and speech therapies - those people at Manor Care Whitehall did a superb job with her! Though she still has problems with her memory and is "out there" more often than not, she can actually walk very well with her walker (and even tries to take a stroll down the hall without her walker which is a - LOL!), is eating better and is getting out more to enjoy the many activities that ATRIA offers. The docs also took her off of the Haldol which has basically turned her into a zombie. We really thought for a while we were going to lose her and the turn-around has been short of miraculous! Mom will be 87 years old on June 5th and I want her to see her 97th birthday and beyond!

Again, thank you all so much for your prayers. I think the Good Lord heard every single one of them!

The Anti-Wahoo