Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Return Of The Champs?

As the regular season nears its end it seems the Patriots have finally found their feet after an injury plagued beginning to the season.

First up, I am aware that the 4 teams we have beaten in the last 5 weeks are certainly at the bottom end of the NFL talent scale - but I think it has been the gradual progression of the Pats defensive and offensive play that has been most pleasing.

Yesterday was as close as we have come to seeing the Pats offense at full strength and they were an impressive sight - admittedly against poor opposition.

Alot of Patriots 'fans' have lost all perspective after the last couple of years, yes I guess you might well call them bandwagon fans, because their team has been unable to dominate all-comers they have been quick to criticise the efforts of BB and Tom Brady.

I remember a time when making the post-season was a dream that lasted to roughly week 8 of the regular season, then it was time to discuss next years draft.

Personally I am proud to support a team that has taken alot of knocks this year to their fitness and their confidence and yet still finds a way to tread water until the reinforcements arrive.

I am looking forward to the playoffs - if we can take a scalp or two I would be a happy man - but I have to remind myself that the playoffs are privilege that only 12/32 teams experience each year and not to be taken for granted because of past success.

GO PATS.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Return Of The Champs?

At least you beat the teams that needed beat. We lost to Balt. Well Tommy did! LOL
Old 12-12-2005, 01:50 PM   #3
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

tommy hurt us bad this year, but not all the blame can be put o him, can it??
TOMMY
Old 12-12-2005, 02:47 PM   #4
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

you know you are the only non bandwagon fan on here for the pats, cause you've actually stayed, what ever happened to hardwork and dirtywater? they disappeared right when the losing started to happen kinda funny ain't it? anyway the pats may be winning not but there is no return of champions just a team that is gonna give their fans false hope of threepeating
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

I think the Pats could do some damage in the playoffs.
They are hiding in plain sight and they could ambush a team or two once the post season starts.
Since they've lost some key players due to injuries the NFL media isn't even spitting in their direction as far as playoff attention........which is something I bet Belichick doesn't mind one bit.

I like the possible scenario of New England going into Indianapolis.
Anything can happen in the playoffs and I wouldn't mind seeing Indy bite the dust to their nemesis in their dome.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:57 AM   #6
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

To me with Brady hurt the running game suspect and know secondary I dont see the pats doing much in the playoffs if they get there. Just my .02

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:10 AM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Another step in the right direction for my boys.

Yesterdays destruction of the Bucs was a fantastic result - the most impressive aspect was the play of the front 7 - they totally dominated every aspect of the game.

TB certainly arent an elite team, they arent even a top 3 NFC team - but they do bring an excellent aggressive D to the table and a very capable running back tandem.

Our secondary may well be exposed against the better offensive teams, but I am confident that our D-line and LB corps can apply the sort of pressure that would prevent it turning into the sort of turkey shoots we saw earlier in the season.

On offense run blocking is improved by still not great - Corey is still getting hit in the backfield a little too much - but I suppose this is to be expected with the amount of reshuffling that has taken place on our O-Line this year.

Brady has gone to yet another level - making do with next to no weaponry at the beginning of the season and still finding enough to win close games - now he has his armory back we look potent on offense, even against the No.2 D in the league.

For the first time I really believe we can match anyone, anywhere and that includes Indy in their 'rockin dome' - if we can get one of our starting TE's back healthy along with Matt Light (LT) I think we will have an offense capable of putting up points on anyone.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:34 AM   #8
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Now that was impressive! Once again you can`t count out the Pats????? How every thye do it, is beyond me. Is TB just another of those over rated NFC teams??
Old 12-18-2005, 10:42 AM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,159 Times in 2,652 Posts

remember miami going up there and getting shut out a few years back. tampa couldve considered it a moral victory just to put 3 points on the board. infact id say jax, tampa, or miami will never win up there in late nov- jan. let alone score more than 10 points. i dont know if i said it here but the pats couldve won that game easilly with flutie at qb.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #10
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Yeah, the front 7 looked good yesterday, LITP. Colvin is almost back to the guy we picked up. I didn't think that was going to happen. Bruschi is back in there QBing, and making them all stay alert. Vrabel has adjusted to the middle, and realy had been the leader until Teddy returned. McGinest, what can you say? He just keeps ticking. Wilfork had trouble adjusting to playing full time at first, but he seems to be catching on now. But..........., no Rodney Harrison. That's the kicker right there. However, time will tell.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote