Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Media

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #51
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886
Default Re: McFarlane Sports Picks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
What about the box sets, do you have those? The Super Bowl XL set and there is a three pach that I know of!
they have a 3-pack of the NFL Legends with Jack Lambert, Mean Joe Greene, and Jerome Bettis. also, a 3-pack with Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, and Joey Porter.

i have the latter of the two because i have all of the NFL Legends still packaged and loose. i don't need them in a 3-Pack. haha!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #52
Benzbrother
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12117

Does anybody else catch crap from their "significant other" (i.e. girlfriend, fiance, wife) about having these? I love different bobbleheads and figures of sports players and my fiance gives me such a hard time whenever I pick another one up on ebay saying their a "waste of money" or "toys" ahhh I hate that haha. I guess thats what I get for getting engaged to a Broncos fan!

Sig created by 86WARD-- thanks!
Benzbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:52 PM   #53
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzbrother View Post
Does anybody else catch crap from their "significant other" (i.e. girlfriend, fiance, wife) about having these? I love different bobbleheads and figures of sports players and my fiance gives me such a hard time whenever I pick another one up on ebay saying their a "waste of money" or "toys" ahhh I hate that haha. I guess thats what I get for getting engaged to a Broncos fan!

OMG, DUDE! you don't even want to get me started on that shit. i spent $4 on a Troy Polamalu bobblehead and my girlfriend about murdered me on the spot saying "it's a waste of money." i was like, "how!? it's FOUR DOLLARS!!!" we always have arguments about the stupidest sh*t and my sports memorabilia collection is one of them. i say, "you let me buy my sh*t and you can have all the make-up and pedicures you want." i know that sounds sexist...but it's the truth. haha!

i hate when they are referrred to as "toys." TOYS are when they are out of the package and you play with them all day long. i keep mine in mint condition and save for for my kids and future generations. they could be worth money someday. she just doesn't get it. *sigh*

good luck living in a house with a Broncos fan. best wishes on a happy and bitterless marriage to a woman who loves football, but not Steeler football! haha! kidding.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:50 PM   #54
Benzbrother
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12117

lol well at least I found somebody who feels my pain with the memorabilia collection vs. woman issue haha. I usually just tell her I got an awesome deal on ebay and saved a ton of money rather than buying it in the store and she gets off my back a little lol.

And hell, she can root for the Broncos all she wants...I mean as long as they are where they are and we are a perennial power house!

Sig created by 86WARD-- thanks!
Benzbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #55
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

so, anyone think Santonio Holmes should get a figurine now? because i know i do! =)
Old 02-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #56
Harris32
Water Boy

Member Number: 12812

I collect em as well and have em all proudly displayed in my "man cave" . Yeah, I used to get tons of crap from my ex about my Steelers stuff...and that's partly why shes now my ex hehe. Ya just have to find yourself a good black n gold women who will yell at the TV along side ya!

I really wish they would do Swann or Bradshaw figure sometime soon. One odd thing i noticed is that some of the newer figures seem a tad bigger then the older ones. The WIlly Parker seems out of scale compared to the the Bettis figure for some reason.
Harris32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #57
Carolina Steelers
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 3009

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Mcfarlane...1%7C240%3A1318

I'm trying to get the piece the Holmes Catch even the endzone is red
Carolina Steelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #58
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

I'd love to see a Colon one, complete with a penalty flag on the ground. Seriously though, I always wanted to see them do Mike Webster. It'll never happen since most people outside of Pittsburgh don't appreciate what he brought to the game, and how great he was. I'd put it right next to my Mike Webster signed mini helmet, if they ever made one of him.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #59
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post
I'd love to see a Colon one, complete with a penalty flag on the ground. Seriously though, I always wanted to see them do Mike Webster. It'll never happen since most people outside of Pittsburgh don't appreciate what he brought to the game, and how great he was. I'd put it right next to my Mike Webster signed mini helmet, if they ever made one of him.
a Webster one would be great. hell, he IS a Hall of Famer after all. it would just make sense. but like you said, he's underappreciated.

i'd like to see a Swann, Stallworth, Ham, or Bradshaw. but i'm willing to bet that the next few lines of figures will have Holmes and/or Harrison. just based on their performances in the recent season. McFarlane will probably release them right before kick off of the 09-10 season. perfect timing...rings and figurines. =)
Old 02-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #60
Steelerforever77
Water Boy

Member Number: 13121

So far I have Roethlisberger Series 18 Regular and Variant, Roethlisberger Series 11 Black Jersey, Parker Series 18 Variant, Lambert Legends Regular, Polamalu Series 14 Black Jersey Regular and Snow, Hines Ward Series 7 Variant (rare) coming in the mail, Crosby Series 16 White and Black (hands facing out) variants, Malkin Series 17 Variant, Crosby Series 21 (throwback) coming in the mail, Tomlinson Series 16 Variant, and Walter Payton 12 inch Variant (rare). Also I was able to snag the rare Faneca variant for 29 bucks today on EBAY, which I thought was a miracle. So I'm still looking for any of the Bettis figures, the Roethlisberger Series 11 Variant, Hines Ward Series 7 and 18 Regular, and Franco Harris Legend. If anyone would like to know, there is a Roethlisberger 12 Inch being released next september which will be like the Bettis one. Any info on mcfarlane can be found on www.clarktoys.com.

Last edited by Steelerforever77; 02-22-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Steelerforever77 is offline   Reply With Quote