Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-08-2008, 03:37 AM   #1
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897
Default Remaining schedule

Well, what is our final record? I will say 12-4. My two wins first:

TITANS--
I like our D against the Titans, I think we match up better than their D against our O, so I see that as a win. Unless we figure out something on the run game, Miller and Ward will probably be our possession game.

BROWNS--
Unless the something crazy happens or we have nothing to play for, we beat the Browns

RAVENS--
Now the Ravens, this is going to be a tough game, I pick this as a loss. What are the keys to this game? Other than obvious ones like run the ball, protect the ball. It is obviously going to be about making less mistakes, but how would you call the offense? Who has had a fair amount of success against their D this year? What did they do? This is not one that I think they can't win but unless we do a 180 on offense they will shut us down. Although I don't think it is out of the question for our D to win two in a row for us.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:52 AM   #2
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Remaining schedule

keep in mind, we have never swept the ravens in the regular season.. NOT ONCE! this has got to be the year that changes though.

i dont like thinking ahead, but i will anyhow.
i think we beat the browns with our backups like we did buffalo in 2004.. we have better depth this year than 2004, and buffalo was a better team than cleveland is now. they could have clinched a playoff birth with that win. not to mention the second stringers will be giving it all they've got for a chance to whoop the rival browns themselves. leftwich will probably be auditioning for a starting job somewhere next year.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:02 AM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardlad View Post
Well, what is our final record? I will say 12-4. My two wins first:

TITANS--
I like our D against the Titans, I think we match up better than their D against our O, so I see that as a win. Unless we figure out something on the run game, Miller and Ward will probably be our possession game.

BROWNS--
Unless the something crazy happens or we have nothing to play for, we beat the Browns

RAVENS--
Now the Ravens, this is going to be a tough game, I pick this as a loss. What are the keys to this game? Other than obvious ones like run the ball, protect the ball. It is obviously going to be about making less mistakes, but how would you call the offense? Who has had a fair amount of success against their D this year? What did they do? This is not one that I think they can't win but unless we do a 180 on offense they will shut us down. Although I don't think it is out of the question for our D to win two in a row for us.
Nope.

I think we beat the Ratbirds. Then we go after teh Titans with out a WHOLE lot of wrinkles in the D. The we beat the Browns... maybe lose to the Titans, maybe not.
After all, if we beat the Ravens, we are two games up on ALL our competition for 2nd place in the AFC and a bye. Colts won't catch Tennessee. So with a win next week, at WORST, we are in third place in the playoffs..

Win next week and aganoist the browns... we are in second, hands down.

I think we end up 12-4... though my homer says 13-3.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:47 AM   #4
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

FWIW-I'll throw out a prediction...

@Baltimore - Flacco has played nicely in his rookie season, but like most rookie QBs in Dec, he's not ready for the spotlight.(i.e. Eli struggled in '05 Dec b/c that was his first Dec month where the Giants played with alot on the line) Prolly Steelers win.

@Tennessee - The Steelers' #1 ranked run D should shut them down, Collins won't be able to make plays. Prolly Steelers win.

Cleveland - W

Tennessee will also have to travel to a hot(and finally healthy) Indy team, so they could very well lose out the #1 seed when all is said and done.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:36 AM   #5
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardlad View Post
... RAVENS--
Have a little faith, man. Gotta BELIEVE. We can kick them.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:49 AM   #6
Brandon
Water Boy

Member Number: 9009

We lose at Baltimore. Defense to good, Dallas manhandled our offensive line with vanilla blitzes. Baltimore is going to eat it with those "exotic" blitzes.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,806 Times in 905 Posts

I think we end up 12-4, which is great because my prediction was 10-6. Either way, a win in Baltimore is pretty much the AFC north clincher and it wont be easy.

I think no matter how flawed the Titans are at QB, will will see a running game they have that we wish we had. White, Johnson and a real blocking Fullback in Hall. Plus, a solid O line, not the greatest, but one that is reasonably healthy and works well together.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #8
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886

I too am pessimistic about our O in Balt. Its been a house of horrors for us there. Our best chance of victory will be to somehow get a nice lead early..14-17 pts.. that really puts the pressure on Flacco, and then hang on from there....otherwise I think we lose a close one by yet another fffing last sec Stover field goal

^^^Thats me looking at it objectively

But having witnessed what we did last night and then the week before going up to NE(Where we haven't won in a long time...sound familiar)

I say to all ravens/fans..Bring IT B****es!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!!!HERE WE GO!!!

Also Known as SteelerSpartan

Last edited by Steel_Bus_24; 12-08-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #9
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I say we go 9-7 and win the division.

I'm sticking with my preseason prediction, however flawed.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #10
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,806 Times in 905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I say we go 9-7 and win the division.

I'm sticking with my preseason prediction, however flawed.

I love the fact you arent flip flopping on your prediction. Better luck with it next year.....i think.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote