Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
LambertIsGod58
Team President
 
LambertIsGod58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Posts: 2,421
Gender: Male
Member Number: 410
Thanks: 29
Thanked 55 Times in 25 Posts
Default The almighty Ben.....

I just wanted to point this out to all of you who think Roethlisberger is still an elite QB. My premise is the same as Chuck Noll. That is being a today person. What you did yesterday doesn't matter. Or in the case, the last 4 seasons. Only one of which was an elite season IMO. If you think being ranked 23rd, behind two rookie QB's and a supposed washed up 40yr old with a new team, is elite....God Bless you for not having high expectations in your franchise QB. I'd like to think we could get alot more for $100 million dollars. I don't route against Ben.....it's actually just the opposite. I am first and foremost a STEELERS fan. I'd like nothing more than for Ben to be the elite QB you all think he is. I just don't. Not after ONE elite year. And if you look back at all the stats, you'll see that the running game and defense were all ranked in the top 5 when we won the SB and the season we went 15-1. BTW NYC, Eli is still a better QB even after yesterday. And even if it weren't the case, Eli is improving while Ben seems to be regressing.


Passing Leaders
NAME COM ATT PCT YDS YPA LNG TD TD% INT INT% SK SYD RAT
1 P. Rivers QB, SDG 242 379 63.9 3169 8.36 67 26 6.9 10 2.6 19.0 119 102.0
2 K. Warner QB, ARI 347 505 68.7 4020 7.96 79 25 5.0 12 2.4 20.0 150 99.1
3 Tony Romo QB, DAL 211 336 62.8 2769 8.24 75 22 6.5 11 3.3 11.0 68 96.9
4 Drew Brees QB, NOR 329 503 65.4 4100 8.15 84 26 5.2 14 2.8 10.0 67 96.2
5 C. Pennington QB, MIA 261 393 66.4 3062 7.79 80 12 3.1 6 1.5 22.0 108 93.7
6 M. Schaub QB, HOU 182 269 67.7 2176 8.09 61 12 4.5 9 3.3 17.0 112 93.1
7 J. Garcia QB, TAM 182 271 67.2 1902 7.02 47 8 3.0 3 1.1 15.0 74 92.5
8 A. Rodgers QB, GNB 276 434 63.6 3192 7.36 63 22 5.1 11 2.5 27.0 172 92.1
9 Matt Ryan QB, ATL 227 366 62.0 2940 8.03 70 14 3.8 7 1.9 13.0 80 92.0
10 E. Manning QB, NYG 243 398 61.1 2747 6.90 48 20 5.0 8 2.0 15.0 101 90.1
11 Jay Cutler QB, DEN 305 489 62.4 3679 7.52 93 23 4.7 14 2.9 7.0 47 89.2
12 P. Manning QB, IND 307 477 64.4 3225 6.76 75 22 4.6 12 2.5 12.0 79 88.8
13 B. Favre QB, NYJ 288 421 68.4 2845 6.76 56 20 4.8 15 3.6 26.0 176 88.2
14 J. Campbell QB, WAS 262 415 63.1 2778 6.69 67 11 2.7 6 1.4 34.0 236 85.4
15 M. Cassel QB, NWE 283 442 64.0 3052 6.91 66 14 3.2 10 2.3 42.0 194 85.3
16 D. McNabb QB, PHI 281 469 59.9 3221 6.87 90 19 4.1 10 2.1 19.0 121 85.2
17 T. Edwards QB, BUF 214 324 66.0 2378 7.34 51 10 3.1 10 3.1 20.0 125 85.1
18 Kyle Orton QB, CHI 212 361 58.7 2414 6.69 65 15 4.2 8 2.2 21.0 134 83.5
19 J. Delhomme QB, CAR 190 329 57.8 2427 7.38 65 12 3.6 9 2.7 18.0 116 81.7
20 K. Collins QB, TEN 206 351 58.7 2280 6.50 56 11 3.1 6 1.7 7.0 50 81.4
21 Joe Flacco QB, BAL 212 352 60.2 2410 6.85 70 13 3.7 10 2.8 23.0 208 81.3
22 D. Garrard QB, JAC 272 436 62.4 2926 6.71 35 11 2.5 10 2.3 36.0 254 80.9
23 B. Roethlisberger QB, PIT 225 376 59.8 2616 6.96 65 14 3.7 12 3.2 38.0 230 80.1
24 T. Thigpen QB, KAN 172 315 54.6 1926 6.11 56 14 4.4 8 2.5 22.0 152 77.3
25 G. Frerotte QB, MIN 178 301 59.1 2157 7.17 99 12 4.0 15 5.0 29.0 164 73.7
26 J. O'Sullivan QB, SFO 128 220 58.2 1678 7.63 63 8 3.6 11 5.0 32.0 197 73.6
27 J. Russell QB, OAK 149 290 51.4 1797 6.20 84 7 2.4 6 2.1 27.0 170 70.1
28 M. Bulger QB, STL 194 340 57.1 2056 6.05 80 8 2.4 12 3.5 31.0 213 68.0
29 R. Fitzpatrick QB, CIN 182 304 59.9 1512 4.97 46 6 2.0 9 3.0 35.0 184 66.9
30 D. Anderson QB, CLE 142 283 50.2 1615 5.71 70 9 3.2 8 2.8 14.0 87 66.5
31 M. Hasselbeck QB, SEA 109 209 52.2 1216 5.82 34 5 2.4 10 4.8 19.0 119 57.8
__________________


"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,459
Gender: Male
Member Number: 4800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The almighty Ben.....

So wait, you think Trent Edwards, Matt Shaub, Matt Cassel etc are all better than ben? basing this off QB Rating, one of the most overrated stats? you are way off man
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
LambertIsGod58
Team President
 
LambertIsGod58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Posts: 2,421
Gender: Male
Member Number: 410
Thanks: 29
Thanked 55 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: The almighty Ben.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
So wait, you think Trent Edwards, Matt Shaub, Matt Cassel etc are all better than ben? basing this off QB Rating, one of the most overrated stats? you are way off man
Hey man, I'm only arguing this case based on the arguments I get from people. But if it's not his QB rating or stats, what makes him elite?
__________________


"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
T.Richardson
Head Coach
Supporter
 
T.Richardson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,561
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10617
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The almighty Ben.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
Hey man, I'm only arguing this case based on the arguments I get from people. But if it's not his QB rating or stats, what makes him elite?
They are basing it off last year.
__________________
T.Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 37,312
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,163
Thanked 4,866 Times in 2,111 Posts
Default Re: The almighty Ben.....



here ya go.

__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,248
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 17
Thanked 57 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: The almighty Ben.....

That's a nice list.

Seems that only 4 of the people on that list have Rings on their fingers though.

Ben being one of them.

In a big spot, with the game on the line, I like our chances with Ben. Every single time.

Defense lost the game last year against the Jags.

Ben gets us Wins. Bottom line.

Is he Montana, Nope. Is he Marino, Nope. Is he Elway or Bradshaw, Nope and Nope.

Is he Odonnell, Stewart, Maddox, Tomczak, Brister, Malone or Stoudt? Thank Fcking Goodnesss NO!

I'll take Ben. If you don't like him, that's cool. But I bet you got up and cheered like a fool when he hit that huge pass play to Holmes or threw that ball to Miller that tied the game.
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
ShutDown24
Team President
 
ShutDown24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,125
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3997
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The almighty Ben.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
I just wanted to point this out to all of you who think Roethlisberger is still an elite QB. My premise is the same as Chuck Noll. That is being a today person. What you did yesterday doesn't matter. Or in the case, the last 4 seasons. Only one of which was an elite season IMO. If you think being ranked 23rd, behind two rookie QB's and a supposed washed up 40yr old with a new team, is elite....God Bless you for not having high expectations in your franchise QB. I'd like to think we could get alot more for $100 million dollars. I don't route against Ben.....it's actually just the opposite. I am first and foremost a STEELERS fan. I'd like nothing more than for Ben to be the elite QB you all think he is. I just don't. Not after ONE elite year. And if you look back at all the stats, you'll see that the running game and defense were all ranked in the top 5 when we won the SB and the season we went 15-1. BTW NYC, Eli is still a better QB even after yesterday. And even if it weren't the case, Eli is improving while Ben seems to be regressing.


Passing Leaders
NAME COM ATT PCT YDS YPA LNG TD TD% INT INT% SK SYD RAT
1 P. Rivers QB, SDG 242 379 63.9 3169 8.36 67 26 6.9 10 2.6 19.0 119 102.0
2 K. Warner QB, ARI 347 505 68.7 4020 7.96 79 25 5.0 12 2.4 20.0 150 99.1
3 Tony Romo QB, DAL 211 336 62.8 2769 8.24 75 22 6.5 11 3.3 11.0 68 96.9
4 Drew Brees QB, NOR 329 503 65.4 4100 8.15 84 26 5.2 14 2.8 10.0 67 96.2
5 C. Pennington QB, MIA 261 393 66.4 3062 7.79 80 12 3.1 6 1.5 22.0 108 93.7
6 M. Schaub QB, HOU 182 269 67.7 2176 8.09 61 12 4.5 9 3.3 17.0 112 93.1
7 J. Garcia QB, TAM 182 271 67.2 1902 7.02 47 8 3.0 3 1.1 15.0 74 92.5
8 A. Rodgers QB, GNB 276 434 63.6 3192 7.36 63 22 5.1 11 2.5 27.0 172 92.1
9 Matt Ryan QB, ATL 227 366 62.0 2940 8.03 70 14 3.8 7 1.9 13.0 80 92.0
10 E. Manning QB, NYG 243 398 61.1 2747 6.90 48 20 5.0 8 2.0 15.0 101 90.1
11 Jay Cutler QB, DEN 305 489 62.4 3679 7.52 93 23 4.7 14 2.9 7.0 47 89.2
12 P. Manning QB, IND 307 477 64.4 3225 6.76 75 22 4.6 12 2.5 12.0 79 88.8
13 B. Favre QB, NYJ 288 421 68.4 2845 6.76 56 20 4.8 15 3.6 26.0 176 88.2
14 J. Campbell QB, WAS 262 415 63.1 2778 6.69 67 11 2.7 6 1.4 34.0 236 85.4
15 M. Cassel QB, NWE 283 442 64.0 3052 6.91 66 14 3.2 10 2.3 42.0 194 85.3
16 D. McNabb QB, PHI 281 469 59.9 3221 6.87 90 19 4.1 10 2.1 19.0 121 85.2
17 T. Edwards QB, BUF 214 324 66.0 2378 7.34 51 10 3.1 10 3.1 20.0 125 85.1
18 Kyle Orton QB, CHI 212 361 58.7 2414 6.69 65 15 4.2 8 2.2 21.0 134 83.5
19 J. Delhomme QB, CAR 190 329 57.8 2427 7.38 65 12 3.6 9 2.7 18.0 116 81.7
20 K. Collins QB, TEN 206 351 58.7 2280 6.50 56 11 3.1 6 1.7 7.0 50 81.4
21 Joe Flacco QB, BAL 212 352 60.2 2410 6.85 70 13 3.7 10 2.8 23.0 208 81.3
22 D. Garrard QB, JAC 272 436 62.4 2926 6.71 35 11 2.5 10 2.3 36.0 254 80.9
23 B. Roethlisberger QB, PIT 225 376 59.8 2616 6.96 65 14 3.7 12 3.2 38.0 230 80.1
24 T. Thigpen QB, KAN 172 315 54.6 1926 6.11 56 14 4.4 8 2.5 22.0 152 77.3
25 G. Frerotte QB, MIN 178 301 59.1 2157 7.17 99 12 4.0 15 5.0 29.0 164 73.7
26 J. O'Sullivan QB, SFO 128 220 58.2 1678 7.63 63 8 3.6 11 5.0 32.0 197 73.6
27 J. Russell QB, OAK 149 290 51.4 1797 6.20 84 7 2.4 6 2.1 27.0 170 70.1
28 M. Bulger QB, STL 194 340 57.1 2056 6.05 80 8 2.4 12 3.5 31.0 213 68.0
29 R. Fitzpatrick QB, CIN 182 304 59.9 1512 4.97 46 6 2.0 9 3.0 35.0 184 66.9
30 D. Anderson QB, CLE 142 283 50.2 1615 5.71 70 9 3.2 8 2.8 14.0 87 66.5
31 M. Hasselbeck QB, SEA 109 209 52.2 1216 5.82 34 5 2.4 10 4.8 19.0 119 57.8

You're a dumbass.
__________________
ShutDown24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
LambertIsGod58
Team President
 
LambertIsGod58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Posts: 2,421
Gender: Male
Member Number: 410
Thanks: 29
Thanked 55 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: The almighty Ben.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
You're a dumbass.
why? because you don't deal with reality?
__________________


"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #9
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,248
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 17
Thanked 57 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: The almighty Ben.....

Most Wins for a QB in his first 5 years.

Thats not on your little list.
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #10
Dizzle43
Draft Prospect
 
Dizzle43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 106
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8235
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The almighty Ben.....

We need to start running the ball. But we can't because we probably have the worst offensive lines in the league. Thank goodness we have Ben to extend the play and avoid the rush. Our recievers aren't doing a great job of getting open which makes it a lot easier for the QB. We are lucky to have Ben. If you don't know that by now then you never will.
__________________
Dizzle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts