Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #11
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Sponsor Exodus From Troubled Nascar Nation

Blow it out your ear - nobody asked you.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #12
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

It is interesting...every time there is a NASCAR thread, there always has to be somebody who pops in to thrall us with their opinion as to how much they hate it.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #13
Fire Haley
Banned

Every time.

Let them go play with their soccer balls if they's so askeered of fast cars, that's what I say.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #14
Fire Haley
Banned

Labonte and Petty part ways

Shoulda went to the 4th RCR car when he had the chance, now he's outside-looking-in.

From Jayski:

Labonte and Petty part ways: Bobby Labonte and Petty Enterprises have reached a mutual agreement to separate, the team confirmed on Thursday. The 2000 Sprint Cup champion signed a four-year extension with partial ownership to remain in the famed #43 car that Richard Petty drove to seven titles earlier this season when Boston Ventures purchased majority interest in NASCAR's most storied organization. But with the car unsponsored -- General Mills is moving to [#33 Clint Bowyer] Richard Childress Racing in 2009 -- and the future of the organization in doubt he has opted to seek employment elsewhere. A possible scenario for Labonte could be the new Earnhardt-Ganassi team that has an open spot in the #41 Target car. Sources said the organization has had informal discussions with Labonte and would be interested if he were available, although his car number may not be the #41. Labonte, in a prepared statement, said only that he did not have a contract for 2009 and that he was ready to explore all options.

"In over 15 years of racing in the Sprint Cup Series, I can't remember a time when the sport's landscape looks as it does today,'' he said. "Saying that, Petty Enterprises and I had serious and very sincere discussions about what was best for myself and everyone involved at Petty Enterprises moving forward. These discussions culminated with us agreeing that moving in a separate direction will be the greatest way to reach our end goals. It was by no means an easy decision. I am, and will always be, very appreciative of what Richard Petty and the Petty family, every employee of Petty Enterprises and members of Boston Ventures did to invest in bettering my career the past three seasons.''

Pretty soon there will be only 3 teams running everything, sad, really.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #15
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

and to think that nascar was having a fit about roush owning 5 cars.... they may be luckly to field 43 cars this upcoming season. thanks brian france for the wonderful job you have done in RUINING nascar

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #16
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
and to think that nascar was having a fit about roush owning 5 cars.... they may be luckly to field 43 cars this upcoming season. thanks brian france for the wonderful job you have done in RUINING nascar
That's affirmative.

I'm not a nascar fan, I'm a Matt Kenseth fan.

NASCAR mostly brought it on themselves by betraying their core fan base,along with bowing to big business sponsors. Also, NASCAR has gone too Hollywood,and made the racing secondary.

Yep. You can't just put crap on a plate and expect everyone to eat it up.

I know that this year, I missed quite a few more races than in years past. These were generally uncompetetive, run away races.

The other thing that bothered me a lot this year was the amount of fuel mileage races. Perhaps it is due to the reduction of the fuel cell from 22 to 18 gallons, but it seemed to me that at the end of every race, all we heard was "save fuel, save fuel."

Did anyone else get tired of this? I know that the NASCAR.com guys seem to eat up the fuel mileage stuff, but I'd rather see guys driving their hearts out (ala Dover in the Fall) than sitting there, waiting for them to run out of gas.

I can run my own car out of gas, I can't drive my own car at 190 door to door with 2 other cars ready to pass. That's entertainment.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #17
mcort8173
Water Boy

Member Number: 11059

whats up guys im new on here. but i use to go to 4 or more races a year. and im only doing 2 next year. im going to them because i dont pay and im with my family. my father-in-law pays. nascar fell to the back burner for me.
mcort8173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #18
Fire Haley
Banned

I can make it to Atlanta and Talladega in 4-5 hrs, Daytona is a little longer.

If they want my money - they need a better product or I'll take my entertainment funds and save it for another football game.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #19
mcort8173
Water Boy

Member Number: 11059

i can make it to dover in 3 hrs. and to martisville in 4. i like bristol martinsville and dover. they where the best races . the other seemed boring.
mcort8173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #20
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I don't go at all, and, to be honest, the only race I watched from start to finish was Daytona.

It's pretty safe to say they lost me, for the most part.