Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-15-2005, 12:34 AM   #21
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Re: When the Bus retires

The last month I have been thinking about Najeh Davenport coming to Pittsburgh... he is a free agent, along with Green, and with the emergence of Samkon Gado they might let him go, he is coming off an injury, but...

Then I heard the story about him breaking into an apartment and taking a deuce in a womans closet.

link-----> http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0708/1403417.html
Old 12-15-2005, 12:50 AM   #22
LondonSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
The last month I have been thinking about Najeh Davenport coming to Pittsburgh... he is a free agent, along with Green, and with the emergence of Samkon Gado they might let him go, he is coming off an injury, but...

Then I heard the story about him breaking into an apartment and taking a deuce in a womans closet.

link-----> http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0708/1403417.html

yea, great shout, a player with alot of potential, downhill runner, who hasnt been used as a workhorse, and cheap!
as for him taking a squat how could anyone forget that lol
LondonSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:17 AM   #23
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I just cant think about Da Bus retiring right now. First SF goes down for 24 hours, now talk of the Bus leaving. How much do you think I can handle in a day?? LOL

I agree, lets at least wait till the end of the season. Although being here in ATL I have seen TJ run and he is a monster. He is probably just as strong or stronger than Bettis and
also younger. The Bus is not that fast. Remember he did caught from behind against the Bears. I think he would be a great fit with us.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:15 AM   #24
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaSteeler
Ron Dayne (doing well in Denver this year) - interesting, 5 fumbles in 617 carries

I was waiting to see if anyone was going to sugggest Dayne. I think Dayne would be a PERFECT fit in the Steelers system. Plus, he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on the body.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:31 AM   #25
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

I don't know about Dayne. For as big as he is, he has a reputation as a guy that likes to avoid contact.

Davenport seems like Duce, and I'm not talking about throwing one.

Too bad Alexander is having an MVP season in Seattle. After all the "franchise" tagging he's gone through, he might feel a little frustration. If he hits the market he's going to command big dollars.

Same for the Edge but I think that he would be a great fit for Pittsburgh. The guy just seems to make great yards after contact and he's always moving his feet. Plus, he's a great receiver out of the backfield. But again it comes down to cost.

LJ has to get re-signed in KC. Holmes says he's coming back but who knows?

TJ Duckett might be a possibility but I would hate for the Steelers to overpay for the guy.

Looking at the RB situation for next season worries me a little but I have to think that the Steelers are going to air it out more in '06.

If White is available he seems like the guy but I'm not sure where the 'Do or any other "draft experts" have him slotted.

Nobody on the FA list seems like all that great of a deal since the best backs are going to command huge contracts and I'm sure that Pittsburgh's tap-dancing around consistent carries for one feature back would influence decisions.

As far as Thomas goes, there has to be a reason why he can't stick with one team and I wonder what it is.

PS - I'm glad this site was down for a day or two since I had three finals this week. If it would have been up I'm sure I would have spent more time here than studying Victorian literature.
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:55 AM   #26
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Edgrin James is a HUGE name on that list. Signing him away from the Superbowl Champs would be nice and deal a nice blow the Colts.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:08 AM   #27
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

I speculated J. Lewis a while back...the reasons why.

Baltimore has already stated they do not have an interest in re-signing him. Also, people are calling the Rooney veto card on this one and I just don't see it. The guy has been a class act in the NFL, he gets a ton of bad publicity over a bad decision he made in college, what four years ago?? He has a good repuation in the locker, community, etc.....I think taht's enough for the Rooney's to at least consider. It's impossible to deny that he fits our system perfectly, with Lewis and Parker, I think you'd have a lethal one two punch, restructure Deuce to be the primary 3rd down back and I think your backfield is very strong.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:26 AM   #28
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

Jamal Lewis would be a great fit but I do not see the Ravens letting him get to the Burgh.

Ahman Green from what I have heard the injury he has had was pretty bad and I dont think there will be a lot of action on him come next season. Maybe he is a possibilty to get him cheap for basically a crap shoot.

Najeh Davenport would be my choice but if Green is gone from GB he will be going back. One of these 3 guys would fit well with the Steelers.

There is no WAY LJ goes away from the Chiefs. Everyone was like why would they draft that guy so early if they had Padre? Well since Padre is so brittle they were looking for a backup plan. It maybe the system/line but everyteam that has a good running game needs to have a good system/good line. Just my .02

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:40 AM   #29
LondonSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
I speculated J. Lewis a while back...the reasons why.

Baltimore has already stated they do not have an interest in re-signing him. Also, people are calling the Rooney veto card on this one and I just don't see it. The guy has been a class act in the NFL, he gets a ton of bad publicity over a bad decision he made in college, what four years ago?? He has a good repuation in the locker, community, etc.....I think taht's enough for the Rooney's to at least consider. It's impossible to deny that he fits our system perfectly, with Lewis and Parker, I think you'd have a lethal one two punch, restructure Deuce to be the primary 3rd down back and I think your backfield is very strong.
err arent we talking about the same jamal lewis who was caught with a pound of crack in his car a couple years back??

no chance in hell we pay out for lewis, green or edge, no chance in my opinion

Made by BB2W!
LondonSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #30
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

Ultimately, Jamaal Lewis, as a running back is by far the best fit.

BUT, can anyone name an instance where the Steelers signed someone that had off the field legal problems of any sort?
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote