Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
SteelCityKingsVP
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10901
Exclamation Why are the Steelers the least respected GOOD team in the NFL?

If you've been a Steeler fan long enough, you know as well as I do that the Steelers NEVER get the credit they should! Why is that? Why, despite how many games we win, how good our Defense OR Offense does do we not get the credit we rightfully deserve. Like for example at the beginning of the season every one was saying that the BROWNS would win the AFC North! Thats one of the MOST rediculous things I've EVER heard! What are your thoughts?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606
Default Re: Why are the Steelers the least respected GOOD team in the NFL?

Not sure, but I like flying under the radar. Less pressure on our guys
Old 12-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKingsVP View Post
If you've been a Steeler fan long enough, you know as well as I do that the Steelers NEVER get the credit they should! Why is that? Why, despite how many games we win, how good our Defense OR Offense does do we not get the credit we rightfully deserve. Like for example at the beginning of the season every one was saying that the BROWNS would win the AFC North! Thats one of the MOST rediculous things I've EVER heard! What are your thoughts?
Every year Sports illustrated, Espn, and other would like to believe that we'll miss the playoffs, or be thrown off our perch by someone in our division, but year after year here we are. They are just going with what they believe the odds are. We can't keep pulling it off year after year yet we do. Then they have to backtrack and often give us the deserved credit. Not nearly as much as New England or the Colts, and why does it always seem there kissin San diegos butts. They were still calling them this team to watch out for as late as two weeks ago. Espn has had us in the Top five in the power rankings most of the year though, and in the top three most of the second half. I still however heard Boomer Esiason, and Shanon Sharp give the division title to Baltimore, before last weeks Dallas Game. Can't wait to call those sissies out. Thank Goodness they have OUR BOY COHWER on the set to set them straight.
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Because the sports media dunderheads won't give ANY team other than the Cheats* and Cryboys the respect they deserve, especially the Steelers. Negativity and drams sells and there isn't anything negative and not much drama they can report about a team with a winning tradition that pretty much spans 30+ seasons.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
SteelCityKingsVP
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10901
Exclamation Re: Why are the Steelers the least respected GOOD team in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Because the sports media dunderheads won't give ANY team other than the Cheats* and Cryboys the respect they deserve, especially the Steelers. Negativity and drams sells and there isn't anything negative and not much drama they can report about a team with a winning tradition that pretty much spans 30+ seasons.
I couldnt agree with you more!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #6
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

It does not bother me one bit. The Colts could say the same and Peyton & Co. have been on quite a bit of a hot streak themselves. It would not suprise me to see both us & the Colts in the AFCC game.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #7
cowboykilla
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 9604

Because we the best thing going today. The announcers can act like they don't see it,but the fans do. All teams and their fans fear Pittsburgh,our merchandise sales says it all,we invade opposing teams stadiums like hordes of invanding barbarians.I'm not going to say it,but you know who we are.
cowboykilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #8
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboykilla View Post
Because we the best thing going today. The announcers can act like they don't see it,but the fans do. All teams and their fans fear Pittsburgh,our merchandise sales says it all,we invade opposing teams stadiums like hordes of invanding barbarians.I'm not going to say it,but you know who we are.

Two words......Steeler Nation.

"In your house, beating on your team"

As to why the media don't like The Steelers. F**k the media. They're about as useful as Chinco-Oh No, or Sunk-O-Hoho, or whatever he calls himself today!
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts

Last edited by TeeJay; 12-11-2008 at 01:38 PM.
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #9
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Honestly, I think it comes down to your (mostly) unassuming players. Peyton is in 25% of all commercials shown during the football season (let alone the ones after)...Brady is a model-profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter...Ben...does special programs for kids like you'd see on the WE channel, LIFE or some other program like that.

There really aren't any major showboats on your team. None of the "camera-must-be-on-me-and-i'll-talk-a-bigger-game-than-i-can-consistently-back-up" type players like you have on nearly every other team.

Even the showboating that does occur is mild in comparison to the average NFL team.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #10
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
If you've been a Steeler fan long enough, you know as well as I do that the Steelers NEVER get the credit they should! Why is that?
Apparently because we don't have a gay quarterback.

That's the conclusion I've come to after watching which teams the media have focused on for the past several seasons.