Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 12-13-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283
Default Metallica Concert!

Went to the Metallica concert in Ontario, California, last night, and had a f'ing blast!

The venue was a very new Citizens Business Bank Arena, which was great for sound! The stage featured four huge brushed aluminum coffins, (probably 30' long by 10' wide) that held some lighting, but were maneuvered by cables during the show. They were lowered, turned, angled etc, to go along with a sweet laser show, and multiple flames from various areas of the stage. They came in red, white & blue, from the center, and orange from the ends of the stage.

The crowd was awesome, and participated in every song!

I've only been to two Metallica concerts, one for the St. Anger tour, and now the Death Magnetic tour, and this was BY FAR the best concert I've ever been to! The Casa Noble tequila might have something to do with my opinion, but there was absolutely no sitting during the two full hours of Metallica at their best!

Their chemistry was great! It actually appeared like they were just having a well choreographed jam session together. James was relaxed, and comfortable when he spoke to the crowd between songs. Lars what at his best, especially with the new songs regarding how sophisticated & lenghty (IMO) they are. Robert holds that bass like a damn rifle at times, and gets real low while creeping across the stage. He is bad ass! Kirk is so damn fast and clean that I cannot fathom trying to keep up with that pace!

Hope you get to see them on this tour! It will be well worth it, and provide great memories of these legends!

Most importantly, here is the playlist:

That Was Just Your Life
The End of the Line
Ride The Lightning
For Whom The Bell Tolls
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
All Nightmare Long
Kirk Solo #1
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Kirk Solo #2
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Stone Cold Crazy
Whiplash
Seek and Destroy

Total Running Time: 2:04:59
Old 12-13-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225
Default Re: Metallica Concert!

Cool.... I see they still do a cover of Stone Cold Crazy by Queen. :) It's one of my favorites.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148

Oh I'll be catchin this show !

My Metallica concerts go back to Nov. 1988 when my uncle drove me(16) to Toledo to see Queensryche open for Metallica. What a f'n show! I liked Metallica before that concert, but I loved them after!

Can't wait to see them again!

Anyone here catch them on tour with Sevendust, Kid Rock and Creed? That was a great line up.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 AM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,003 Times in 3,421 Posts

i get chicken skin just reading this post.

ive seen them 3 times and each one is the best concert ive seen. metallica has consistantly been as good (if not better) live, as they are in the studio.

few questions-

when ive seen them do their older songs, they just seem a bit more better and polished. i can just imagine "ride the lightning", "blackened", "...sanitarium", and "MOP" etc. sounding better than ever before.

was that the case?

so glad to hear their still giving kirk his time in the spotlight with 2 solos. for me, seeing kirk play is like saying you saw barry sanders or walter payton play live. its arguable who is the GOAT, but you still know you witnessed greatness.

to what degree did he shred it? was it typical solo stuff, or did he show skills none of us have heard on previous recordings?

huge mosh pit?

how was "all nightmare long" live?
Old 12-14-2008, 02:42 AM   #5
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i get chicken skin just reading this post.

ive seen them 3 times and each one is the best concert ive seen. metallica has consistantly been as good (if not better) live, as they are in the studio.

few questions-

when ive seen them do their older songs, they just seem a bit more better and polished. i can just imagine "ride the lightning", "blackened", "...sanitarium", and "MOP" etc. sounding better than ever before.

was that the case?

so glad to hear their still giving kirk his time in the spotlight with 2 solos. for me, seeing kirk play is like saying you saw barry sanders or walter payton play live. its arguable who is the GOAT, but you still know you witnessed greatness.

to what degree did he shred it? was it typical solo stuff, or did he show skills none of us have heard on previous recordings?

huge mosh pit?

how was "all nightmare long" live?
In reverse,

Just imagine 11,000 people yelling, "...your luck runs out-a!" You know how James does his thing. Kirk just completely shreds that shit to pieces!!! Lars is crisp as a M'Fer! That dude is not showing any signs of age! Just envision them playin' that jam! It's crazy shit!

Not too big of a mosh pit. Maybe 6 or 7 most of the time, with a max of 20.

The older stuff does indeed sound more polished now. A was most impressed by my favorite "oldie" Blackened, because I keep trying to play it on Rock Band. I truly believe that the only reason they played Seek & Destroy is credited to the huge sign being held up in the front row, calling for it! James read it out loud before they played that M'fer! The crowd went nuts!

Kirk is just insane! His solos weren't too long, but that dude is fast! Damn, I can't imagine, nor have I heard, anyone with his skills. Words do not do his work justice! (pun intended)
Old 12-14-2008, 06:18 AM   #6
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Wow only 6 or 7 in the mosh pit. I remember when I saw them on the Master of Puppets tour. There were like 50 at any given time. It was completely insane. Then when I saw them on the Black tour it was about the same. But no matter I will definitely have to go see this tour. Thanks for sharing your experience.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #7
Blonde Bomber
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7829

Looks like a good mix of songs. I hope they come to Cleveland after the European leg, hell I have seen every tour since Ride the Lightning, I would hate to not see them this time around!!!

How has a dink and dunk offense helped our QB I ask?
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,323 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Going to see them at the end of next month in beautiful Newark, NJ. Can't wait. This will be my 7th time. Reading this thread has me all pimped up about it again.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #9
Pittsky
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10024

they come nowhere near florida....im very sad
Pittsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,323 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsky View Post
they come nowhere near florida....im very sad
REALLY??? That sucks.Keep an eye out though, cuz that may change. It's happened before.