Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #21
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491
Default Re: Good Luck Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Well, you were right in it being a great game. Great Defense, what a game.

I REALLY hope you all get knocked out of the playoffs, because the Ravens are going to be SCARY in the playoffs.

Yes I want the Ravens to lose to Dallas because I really don't want to have to play them a 3rd time to make it to the Superbowl. This Raven team is tough to beat and they have a good defense like the Steelers.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #22
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
I do not think I have ever been as sick to my stomach after a loss as I have with this one. Even losing to the Colts in the playoffs wasn't this exhausting.

But what a defensive game. Both D's were unrelenting until that last Steelers drive. I have to hand it to Big Ben and the O-line. They got the job done when it counted.

I hope to see you guys in the post-season. I think the Ravens chances just went down a whole bunch, but truth be told, with a rookie coach and QB, no one expected Baltimore to have been playing for a shot at a division title in Week 15. It's been a great season no matter what.

Good luck from here on out. From what the Titans showed me today, and depending on how bad Haynesworth was injured, you guys have a legitimate shot at the #1 seed. You may just win it all.

Damn you!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a great defensive game and I'm glad to see no one got seriously injured (at least as far as I know)

Also thankful that the Steelers eeked it out again.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #23
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
I'm leaving now to down three beers, two Valiums and a Vicodin.

Dude, I didn't know you were a Pats fan... oh wait, you're not taking any oxycontin!

Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #24
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
I'm leaving now to down three beers, two Valiums and a Vicodin.
This game wasn't a battle - it was a war and I have to give credit where credit is due. Your Rats fought hard and came very close to toppling us and played a wow of a game. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Flacco played damned well for a rookie QB against the NFL's #1 D - I give the guy huge props! The Rats are going to be a force to be reckoned with in years to come - no doubt about it!

I've loved having you around and hope you stick around and continue to post!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #25
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
This game wasn't a battle - it was a war and I have to give credit where credit is due. Your Rats fought hard and came very close to toppling us and played a wow of a game. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Flacco played damned well for a rookie QB against the NFL's #1 D - I give the guy huge props! The Rats are going to be a force to be reckoned with in years to come - no doubt about it!

I've loved having you around and hope you stick around and continue to post!
I hope Crow- sticks around. I don't hope his rats stick around though!!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:09 AM   #26
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Member Number: 9500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I hope Crow- sticks around. I don't hope his rats stick around though!!
I can only answer for me. The Ravens will have to answer for themselves. But after watching the 'Boys take down the Giants, I'm not hopeful.

Thanks for the kind words. Like I said ealier, I'm a fan of the game and I like to talk football with knowledgeable folks. It's fine to be a homer, but it should never get in the way of what's right and what's wrong.

Like I said, bogus call or not, the Ravens lost because they allowed the Steelers to drive 92 yards playing Prevent D at the end of the game, and one NEVER gives Ben the chance to do that. They should have blitzed, blitzed, blitzed but they let him throw and gave Ward room to get open.

That is what lost them the game. Hopefully Harbaugh learns from that mistake. Especially before Saturday night. Two wins and the Ravens are in. One loss and I pretty much guarantee they miss the post-season.

And I would love to come back here in a few weeks and discuss another rematch between Baltimore and Pittsburgh!
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:41 AM   #27
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878

I wouldn't worry too much about the Cowgirls - yesterday was their superbowl - without that win, they were done as a realistic superbowl contender, so I think they put as much in as the Ravens did. From our game with the 'Girls, you need to be going at Romo all day, you do that, he'll give you the turnovers. I got a sneaking suspicion the Ravens win in Texas Stadium Saturday Night.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:48 AM   #28
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Member Number: 9500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishSteel View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about the Cowgirls - yesterday was their superbowl - without that win, they were done as a realistic superbowl contender, so I think they put as much in as the Ravens did. From our game with the 'Girls, you need to be going at Romo all day, you do that, he'll give you the turnovers. I got a sneaking suspicion the Ravens win in Texas Stadium Saturday Night.
I hope so. I know the Jags, not looking at the W-L column, will play hard. They always play the Ravens hard, ever since the "old" AFC Central days.

I think the Ravens D can rattle Romo a lot more then they did Ben. And I'd love to see T.O. get stuffed.
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:18 AM   #29
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

That was another great football game. We continue to win games and our offense made plays when they had to against another great defense.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:35 AM   #30
RatbirdFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 9505

Props to the Steelers from another Ravens fan. Regardless of the calls, the D has to step up with under 4 minutes and 92 yards to go. Ben deserves the positive press he's getting today.

There's a sneaking suspicion here that this rivalry isn't over yet this year...
RatbirdFan is offline   Reply With Quote