Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer
 
MillerMania83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Coal Country
Posts: 157
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10437
Thanks: 17
Thanked 31 Times in 16 Posts
Default Big Ben IS ELITE and a WINNER

Ya know what, people can try and bring him down all they want on this board, not the majority though, but there are a few....But the BOTTOM FREAKIN LINE IS, Big BEN is a FREAKIN WINNER....His #'s prove that, and ya know what, he's looking more and more "Elway type" every single week anymore, give him the ball with a drive or two to go, and HE GETS THE JOB DONE....You can keep all of the "pretty" stats, (although he's not bad there either) the ONLY STAT that matters is WINS, BOTTOM LINE, WINS is what matters....And the team believes if you put the ball in his hands late in the game, he's going to lead that come from behind, late drive, FOR THE WIN....Big Ben, YOU ARE THE MAN.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
NYC SteelersFan
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 597
Member Number: 10612
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben IS ELITE and a WINNER

LambertIsGod58? I'm waiting just for you buddy before I post anything.
NYC SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
ShutDown24
Team President
 
ShutDown24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,125
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3997
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben IS ELITE and a WINNER

Ben wins.
__________________
ShutDown24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:59 PM   #4
LambertIsGod58
Team President
 
LambertIsGod58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Posts: 2,422
Gender: Male
Member Number: 410
Thanks: 29
Thanked 55 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben IS ELITE and a WINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMania83 View Post
Ya know what, people can try and bring him down all they want on this board, not the majority though, but there are a few....But the BOTTOM FREAKIN LINE IS, Big BEN is a FREAKIN WINNER....His #'s prove that, and ya know what, he's looking more and more "Elway type" every single week anymore, give him the ball with a drive or two to go, and HE GETS THE JOB DONE....You can keep all of the "pretty" stats, (although he's not bad there either) the ONLY STAT that matters is WINS, BOTTOM LINE, WINS is what matters....And the team believes if you put the ball in his hands late in the game, he's going to lead that come from behind, late drive, FOR THE WIN....Big Ben, YOU ARE THE MAN.
Ben did play great when it counted today.....but once again, he doesn't get all the credit as you are giving him. 13 pts doesn't get it done most weeks in the NFL. So I'd say the defense had a big part in it too!
__________________


"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:04 PM   #5
NYC SteelersFan
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 597
Member Number: 10612
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben IS ELITE and a WINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
Ben did play great when it counted today.....but once again, he doesn't get all the credit as you are giving him. 13 pts doesn't get it done most weeks in the NFL. So I'd say the defense had a big part in it too!
lol..Hey hey. I was waiting for you buddy. What did you think about the Roethlisberger fumble?
NYC SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:09 PM   #6
LambertIsGod58
Team President
 
LambertIsGod58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Posts: 2,422
Gender: Male
Member Number: 410
Thanks: 29
Thanked 55 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben IS ELITE and a WINNER

Baltimore's D is tough....Ben did really well I thought. But to give him full credit for that win is just incredulous IMO.
__________________


"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:11 PM   #7
LambertIsGod58
Team President
 
LambertIsGod58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Posts: 2,422
Gender: Male
Member Number: 410
Thanks: 29
Thanked 55 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben IS ELITE and a WINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC SteelersFan View Post
LambertIsGod58? I'm waiting just for you buddy before I post anything.
Thanks for waiting bruh, I appreciate it......LOL!
__________________


"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:11 PM   #8
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,279
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 32
Thanked 106 Times in 58 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben IS ELITE and a WINNER

Its a TEAM win. Each player is responsible for making plays.

However, the QB gets the most grief in when we loose and the most credit when we win. He's the first to say its "a team win".

But he did make all the throws on the game winning 92 yard drive. Hence, he gets love.
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Boys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Skins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Fins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Seahawks 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend
 
stillers4me's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,670
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2656
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben IS ELITE and a WINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
Baltimore's D is tough....Ben did really well I thought. But to give him full credit for that win is just incredulous IMO.
I don't see anyone giving him full credit. The D, as usuall, was amazing. But without that last 7 points.......no win. If he didn't have that little quirk of holding the ball too long, there would be no TD. He gets full credit for making that drive happen.
__________________
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #10
LambertIsGod58
Team President
 
LambertIsGod58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Posts: 2,422
Gender: Male
Member Number: 410
Thanks: 29
Thanked 55 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben IS ELITE and a WINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Its a TEAM win. Each player is responsible for making plays.

However, the QB gets the most grief in when we loose and the most credit when we win. He's the first to say its "a team win".

But he did make all the throws on the game winning 92 yard drive. Hence, he gets love.

All true Dino.......
__________________


"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts