Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #1
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Member Number: 10612
Default Anyone watch Eli

get his a$$ handed to him by the Cowboys defense? Why do I bring this up on a Steelers forum you ask? Because according to many on this forum our O-line is one of the worst ever and responsible for our offensive problems.

I then wonder, why did the Steelers o-line (one of the worst in the league) give up 5 sacks and the Giants o-line (best in football) gave up 8 sacks?

I'll tell you why, because when the sharks (defenders) smell blood in the water (knowing you have no rushing offense and no threatening pass offense), they're gonna nip and bite until they take you under and eat you alive.

No Burress=No pass=No rush=neverending blitz's=quarterback gets sacked and pressured and has a miserable game.

translating that to the Steelers offense?

Bruce Arian's is an idiot+overly committed to Parker=24th ranked offense in the league.

Luckily the defense and Roethlisberger will happily carry us to the promise land
NYC SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,108 Times in 4,597 Posts
Default Re: Anyone watch Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC SteelersFan View Post
Why do I bring this up on a Steelers forum you ask? Because according to many on this forum...

:
i do wonder...

we have an nfl forum for pseudo-intellectual. armchair qb posts such as these.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:29 AM   #3
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,477 Times in 2,387 Posts

First ballot HOF, I tell ya.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #4
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i do wonder...

we have an nfl forum for pseudo-intellectual. armchair qb posts such as these.

Just read the whole post next time. It will help in your pseudo-intellectual, forum-post analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
First ballot HOF, I tell ya.
Eli Manning? I'll bet money you're right.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:37 AM   #5
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Quote:
get his a$$ handed to him by the Cowboys defense? Why do I bring this up on a Steelers forum you ask? Because according to many on this forum our O-line is one of the worst ever and responsible for our offensive problems.

I then wonder, why did the Steelers o-line (one of the worst in the league) give up 5 sacks and the Giants o-line (best in football) gave up 8 sacks?

I'll tell you why, because when the sharks (defenders) smell blood in the water (knowing you have no rushing offense and no threatening pass offense), they're gonna nip and bite until they take you under and eat you alive.

No Burress=No pass=No rush=neverending blitz's=quarterback gets sacked and pressured and has a miserable game.

ruce Arian's is an idiot+overly committed to Parker=24th ranked offense in the league.

Luckily the defense and Roethlisberger will happily carry us to the promise land

Hey NYC, are you feelin' ok? You added the defense to your knob slobberin'. Maybe we're both comin' around? LOL!! J/K, don't go off on me again with a post that's gonna make me think.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:40 AM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,108 Times in 4,597 Posts

yeah, i read the 'whole post"

which is exacty why i believe it belongs in a NON STEELERS forum.

eli manning posts belong elsewhere.

whoda thunk?
Old 12-15-2008, 12:46 AM   #7
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
Hey NYC, are you feelin' ok? You added the defense to your knob slobberin'. Maybe we're both comin' around? LOL!! J/K, don't go off on me again with a post that's gonna make me think.
No Lambert, I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead.= with you

I always loved this defense, past and especially present. I'm a defense first guy and I'll take any player who can work within the offensive system, no preferences. I have no loyalty to individual players, especially on the offense. If an offensive player becomes a weakness on this team, I'll be more than happy to admit to it, call him out and hope for a replacement, especially the star players and quarterback. I have witnessed what kind of 4hit you take when calling out star players on this forum buddy, I see what you go through...lol

I know this team is $hit without the defense this year, but I would and will always stick up for Roethlisberger cause I know if he was on a better offensively coordinated team with a pass oriented scheme and weapons around him, he would have the numbers that impress you. But what he's done with what he's got? Still a top 5 quarterback no doubt.

What do you think about his fumble in the game? You blame him entirely for holding it too long or do you think going for pass on 3rd and 1 as usual is just idiotic?
Old 12-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #8
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Quote:

Bruce Arian's is an idiot+overly committed to Parker=24th ranked offense in the league.

To be fair, the Giants were playing without 2 of their OL most of the game-their RT went out(which is when Greg Ellis came to life out of nowhere), and their LG also left the game.

I didn't think Eli had a bad game at all, I thought our D really stepped up, which is rare that they do so in this Dec month.

They'll be fine in the long run, IMHO.

BTW-Congrats on your win today. It was broadcasted in the DFW area, so I got to see it.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #9
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
yeah, i read the 'whole post"

which is exacty why i believe it belongs in a NON STEELERS forum.

eli manning posts belong elsewhere.

whoda thunk?
it was used as an analogy to compare to the Steelers offense. I'll make sure to keep an opposing quarterbacks name out of the thread title next time just for you Tony.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:51 AM   #10
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewman41 View Post
To be fair, the Giants were playing without 2 of their OL most of the game-their RT went out(which is when Greg Ellis came to life out of nowhere), and their LG also left the game.
When did their LG leave the game? And do you think the Cowboys defense was more aggressive than usual fromt he get go?